PDA

View Full Version : Cobra L4V - whats it like

Lucasto23
17th March 2009, 12:08 AM
I've been trying to get my hands on one of these to demo but no luck so far, has anybody ha a hit with one? is it the draw bias head like the F speeds!

would really appreciate the help

adlo
17th March 2009, 12:13 AM
Grunt games one.

Rebjon is also a massive fan.

I think they were the "hottest" driver on GolfWRX for a long time. As long as you don't mind the sound.

TheNuclearOne
17th March 2009, 12:22 AM
I found them quite high launching and high spinning, even with a high kick shaft. The noise is terrible too. If you are suited to the spin and launch however they will bomb the ball, no question. I hit the F with the stock shaft and found it incredibly easy to draw, but accurate. Just spun a bit for me and i couldn't penetrate with it. The X model is VERY anti left IMO. One of the few drivers (of many) my natural draw disappeared with.

The F isn't so much a closed face tho on the whole. More internal weighting than anything.

Grunt
17th March 2009, 07:15 AM
I have a M Speed 12* one and like it, and after a while the noise does not even bother me now. In fact after the 1st couple of rounds the comments about it have stopped too. Got mine after a demo day trying all the different combinations.

Lucasto23
18th March 2009, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the posts boys, I have always been a fader of the ball and got my old man and f speed 10.5, 07 and bombed the crap out of it. like 20m past my x460 tour on average so this has got me intrested.

The problem for me has been i have developed a slight draw prior to using the club and these draws were tuning into big high hooks with the closed face. so ust wanted to see if the L4V was the same as i can't track down a demo anywhere at the moment. I hear this years Cobra models hae really work on the sound so can't wait for the next demo day.

laydehgolfer
21st March 2009, 07:39 AM
drop the L4V, i saw saw it online but as i read it its better than the L4V because of its adjustable shaft just like the Nike DYMO, they say its gonna be released this october http://budurl.com/cobraL5V . But check you local stores, it may be earlier

TheNuclearOne
21st March 2009, 09:34 AM
drop the L4V, i saw saw it online but as i read it its better than the L4V because of its adjustable shaft just like the Nike DYMO, they say its gonna be released this october http://budurl.com/cobraL5V . But check you local stores, it may be earlier

That was last October. Have a look at the date. Reasonable club apparently, but dear.

razaar
21st March 2009, 09:57 AM
The problem for me has been i have developed a slight draw prior to using the club and these draws were tuning into big high hooks with the closed face. so ust wanted to see if the L4V was the same as i can't track down a demo anywhere at the moment. I hear this years Cobra models hae really work on the sound so can't wait for the next demo day.
I have difficulty understanding why a closed face (1 or 2 degree closed) would turn a draw into a big high hook. Everytime it has happened to me, it is because my body turn has slowed down through or past impact which allows the clubhead to get way past the hands- result, a big hook.:)

markTHEblake
21st March 2009, 09:58 AM
isnt this thing louder than Quasimodo's bell?

anyway, ask Dwayne he should be able to tell you all about this club.

damoocow
21st March 2009, 05:50 PM
I've been trying to get my hands on one of these to demo but no luck so far, has anybody ha a hit with one? is it the draw bias head like the F speeds!

would really appreciate the help

are you sure you don't mean the L5V ? - the L4V is last years model BUT I can highly recommend it - sure it sounds terrible but I kinda like the sound now and my handicap has dropped 7 shots since buying mine about 6 months ago - really nice to hit fairways at last too !

Lucasto23
21st March 2009, 07:56 PM
are you sure you don't mean the L5V ? - the L4V is last years model BUT I can highly recommend it - sure it sounds terrible but I kinda like the sound now and my handicap has dropped 7 shots since buying mine about 6 months ago - really nice to hit fairways at last too !

I mean't the L4V as it is way cheaper than the newer model and i think some one got mixed up in the thread. what are the specs of your?

I know it is high launching, but is it like super high that gets caught up in wind or just a nice cannon shot high:-k

damoocow
21st March 2009, 08:43 PM
I mean't the L4V as it is way cheaper than the newer model and i think some one got mixed up in the thread. what are the specs of your?

I know it is high launching, but is it like super high that gets caught up in wind or just a nice cannon shot high:-k

Lucasto, mine is an 10.5 degree M speed Cobra/Diamana in reg, 52 g @ 44 inches.............never really considered the high launch aspect of it as I hit most of my clubs lowish but I guess this driver gets higher than my last one................I used to have a godawful slice but the L4V hits with a nice little fade..................worth a try if you can find one

Hux
22nd March 2009, 06:21 PM
I thought in Cobra speak the M was closed face, the F square to closed and the X was square to open?

The X has always signified low HCP, works the ball, higher swing speed.

PeteyD
22nd March 2009, 07:58 PM
All clubs with X's in the names are for wankers ..... hmm X-Forged, X2 ... PX .. ;)

The thing that confised me about the Cobra M/F/X thing is that it has little to do with flex of the shaft. Anyway - go the Launcher ;)

Grunt
22nd March 2009, 08:07 PM
The M/F/X is in relation to the swing speed.

PeteyD
22nd March 2009, 08:08 PM
I know that, but because they used X it seems like shaft flex.

Hux
22nd March 2009, 09:02 PM
All clubs with X's in the names are for wankers ..... hmm X-Forged, X2 ... PX .. ;)

You are awful :mrgreen: