PDA

View Full Version : Tour player sell on Ebay?

Deano
18th December 2004, 09:33 PM
So, who is this seller :?:

Deano

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1520&item=7120773562&rd=1

Jarro
19th December 2004, 05:42 AM
that's a great price for that wedge :shock: somebody must be very happy.

not sure about the seller :?

Jono
19th December 2004, 07:28 AM
This might give us a clue ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1518&item=7122186357&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Anyone?

gazgolf1
19th December 2004, 08:16 AM
This might give us a clue ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1518&item=7122186357&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Anyone?

Not thinking Rodger Davis are you Jono?

He was a Ping guy for a lot of years and is now with Callaway but I don't think he'd be short of a quid.
That R580 xd he is selling is retail is'nt it? :roll:

drunken
19th December 2004, 09:08 AM

The Dodger is who I was thinking of.

And yes that 580XD is totally stock :shock:

davidp
19th December 2004, 09:19 AM
I'm betting it's Mike Ferguson

Jono
19th December 2004, 11:46 AM

He was a Ping guy for a lot of years and is now with Callaway but I don't think he'd be short of a quid.

I was, until I read this:

Questions from other buyers for this listing
Q: Hi I am darbal1 the current winning bidder and after reading your Q&A with other members i was wondering if this club would suit me I noticed that you advised that this club would suit a person of 5'6'to 5'9'I am just under 6'Would this suit me. I am also currently using a Callaway VFT with a Reg Shaft but am not getting much distance with it and a low hcp player suggested I go to a stiff shaft. I am a Mid range H/cap but can play to 12 or 13. Iam in no way attempting to withdraw my bid. Regards Darrell Answered on 18-Dec-04
A: hi, this driver is standard length and would suit you perfectly.if the low hcp player knows your game and suggests a stiff shaft then i would go with his recommendation. this driver is definately longer than a VFT. the shaft is low torque with a firm tip so it doesnt matter how hard you go at it(smooth or hard), it will definately do the job regards david
Q: im a golf pro from sydney..just interested in your wood..if this is from the tour van it should have TP on the toe and a far better shaft..im interested but there seems to be a bit wrong here Answered on 17-Dec-04
A: hi, this is a R580XD driver.It comes from the tour section of TaylorMade in carlsbad CA which accessable To tour pros by appointment. The tour van doesnt provide anything different to what is available X factory, just accessability. The R580XD andR540XD were never made in a TP version. The only TP driver produced (pre R7) was the 510. Re the shaft: the mitsubishi m.a.s. 2 shaft is quite a popular shaft with tour pros, a lot of fuss was made a year or so ago about the speeder757 shaft but like swings, shafts are a very personal thing the beauty of this shaft is that it is very low torque it delivers the power without any hestitaion. Sergio Garcia won the 2004 buick classic and 2004 byron nelson with this shaft and retief goosen won the 2004 US open and the 2004 European open using it as well. you will find this info at www.thegolfchannel.com in "what's in the bag". mike weir won this year this year with the r580xd.I hope this info helps. regards david
Q: I am pretty short 5 ft 6 , would the length be ok ? Did you play professionally when you were younger or just on the seniors tour . ray Answered on 13-Dec-04
A: hi ray, i am 5'9" so i am sure the length would be fine for you. i tend to grip the driver right towards the end of the shaft most guys will grip the driver 1/2 inch down, if you look at tiger he tends to grip 1 inch or so down and i would suggest you would grip it the same. more importantly you should consider if the shaft will work ok for you and will depend on your swing speed. i hit a 5 iron 171 metres so if you hit your 5 iron between about 162 and 170 metres then this club would be fine. if you hit your 5 iron any less than this then i would suggest you look for a regular flex shaft. i went thru the qualifying school is 2001 and now (2005) will be my 4th year on the senior tour and i love it! regards david

So his first name is David and he went through qualifying school in 2001. He's had numerous top ten finishes ... Does anybody know?

gazgolf1
19th December 2004, 03:25 PM
He said in reply to a question;
"The R580XD and R540XD were never made in a TP version"

So what is this? :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47335&item=7119828096

And this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47334&item=7119546965

3oneday
19th December 2004, 07:23 PM
Well he is fast losing credibility, a MAS shaft is widely used on tour ?? maybe the dunny tour of southern India, no tour I am familiar with.

The XD TP is basically an uniformed statement, one that club and touring pros make as next to none of them post on forums like this. I played in a pro am last week, it really is a waste of time talking equipment with some of these guys, they simply don't know or care. My brother also runs a pro shop, he has knowledge of what he sells, that's it.

Back to this bloke, I reckon he is simply employing a bastrd way of getting top dollar from the unsuspecting ebayer. He has not previously sold anything at all, his purchase history may however indicate his age :lol: :lol: