PDA

View Full Version : Charity Golf Days

Grunt
14th March 2009, 08:32 PM
Jim & I played in a charity day @ Wentworth Falls and we had a great day. Golf was not that flash but the day on the whole was great. Cost was $25 and included food (Bacon & Egg Rolls, Sausage & onion Rolls + tea and Coffee).

We discussed this and both wondered if there was a way of finding out where these sort of days were and when.

Anyone know?

We could even run a thread on where and when a Charity Day was and post details for all to look at and see if they want to have a hit in it.

kev
14th March 2009, 08:37 PM
Aus Golf (http://www.ausgolf.com.au/charity-events) is your friend.

Grunt
14th March 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Kev.

markTHEblake
14th March 2009, 09:44 PM
$25 for a charity day - strike me pink!

Charity days around here are like $150 per head.

Andrew
15th March 2009, 07:47 AM
Grant,

You won't find a lot in Sydney. I'm not really sure why.

They always have plenty in Melbourne. It's a great way for Melbourne residents to play the top Sandbelt clubs & help a good cause at the same time.

Grunt
15th March 2009, 08:03 AM
$25 for a charity day - strike me pink!

Charity days around here are like $150 per head.

It was a small local based one up in the Blue Mountains, we also played one the year before last down at Moss Vale.

Grant,

You won't find a lot in Sydney. I'm not really sure why.

They always have plenty in Melbourne. It's a great way for Melbourne residents to play the top Sandbelt clubs & help a good cause at the same time.
We were looking at the more local based ones than the big pricey ones, tht could possibly be good OzGolf days. Yesterday was great.

jimandr
16th March 2009, 11:07 PM
I devoted much of my internet leisure time last night to looking for some answers to the charity day question.

It appears there are two types of charity day. The massive, professionally run corporate promotion by people like Cystic Fibrosis and Beyond Blue, and the small day run by the local Lions Club in conjunction with the normal comp on the day. The second type is the one that Grunt and I were fortunate enough to find at Wentworth Falls last Saturday.

The big ones are the type that MtB was referring to, and they cost big bucks in NSW as well. In my experience they can be lots of fun, and great prizes can be on offer. In my research I saw a few at Riverside Oaks, Twin Creeks and I know of some local ones in the South West at Camden Valley and Macquarie Links. But it is usually an ambrose at a cost of $100plus.

The only other small ones I found while looking at club websites were at Richmond in August and Springwood (four times a year, on a Friday).

Many clubs don't publish their fixture book on their website, so there could be some more out there.

From my point of view, I'd be quite happy to make Wenty Falls and the Moss Vale Red Cross day an annual event in my golf calendar.