PDA

View Full Version : Golf swings are easy

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 08:32 AM
Well, the most hilarious thing happened last night, and it was all I could do not to a) wet myself with laughter, and b) get on the net and post this so that you guys could have a laugh too.... :wink: :roll: :lol:

Master 2 and 1/2 year old is standing in the middle of the lounge room and playing with his plastic golf clubs while I watched TV (nothing unusual about that - happens every night), when he turns to me and says:

(I will quote this verbatim)

"Mummy. Swing back over shoulder, then down, then over shoulder. There. Hit the ball. See. Ok!"

So guys - golf is really not as complicated as we think.... :shock: :lol: ](*,) #-o

His swing description is nearly as uncomplicated as his putting advice - "put the ball into the hole"..... :roll: :lol:

andylo
18th May 2004, 08:37 AM
Oh mine.... I guess you must immediately gave your little master a hug and kiss, right?

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 08:39 AM
Bring him up here... for $45 / hr he can tell me if i'm doing it right or not..

McMw
18th May 2004, 08:52 AM
kids say the darndest things... :D

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 06:42 PM
yep - he never fails to crack me up - life (and golf) is obviously just a lot simpler when you are two.... :lol: :lol: :wink:

AndyP
19th May 2004, 03:52 AM
Nice. :D

How long has he been using his plastic golf clubs, GG?
Hmmmmmm... :wink:

Golfgirl
19th May 2004, 04:36 PM
Andy - I'd tell you since the day he was born :lol: :wink: , but in actual fact, it was about at 10 months when he started walking without hanging onto the furniture.... :shock: :lol: :lol:

He has plastic clubs for at home in the loungeroom, and real putter and 7 iron for at the golf club. He's still a bit little for them.

He just totally loves it.... keeps walking up to me and going "I hit it over the bunker, on the green" and "I made a birdie 5"..... (he can't count yet, and the "bunker" he hits it over is a sheepskin on the loungeroom floor.... :lol: :lol: )

AndyP
19th May 2004, 07:17 PM
He just totally loves it.... keeps walking up to me and going "I hit it over the bunker, on the green" and "I made a birdie 5"..... (he can't count yet, and the "bunker" he hits it over is a sheepskin on the loungeroom floor.... :lol: :lol: )

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
22nd May 2004, 03:57 PM
sounds like another Ozgolf champ called Mitchell :roll:

wish i had of taken up golf when i was 2 :(

Golfgirl
23rd May 2004, 09:24 AM

You and me both Jarro.... :roll:

jaster
23rd May 2004, 09:28 AM

You and me both Jarro.... :roll:

We all do :smt047

AndyP
25th May 2004, 10:43 PM

The 2nd of three. :wink:

mike
28th May 2004, 07:57 AM
Kids are great mimics. I finally managed to drag my 12 yr old son away from tennis long enough to get him onto the practice fairway.

He's never played golf before, just not interested , ( can't be my genes there ) He watched me hit a dozen balls, then grabbed my 8 iron and was belting them 70 metres , and high too. Faultless swing.

Theres a sawn off tree stump, about 14 inches across, about 70 metres away. Just to keep him interested , I bet him $10 he couldn't hit 40 balls toward the stump, then chip each ball from where it landed and hit the stump at least 10 times . The little mongrel hit it 12 times. :evil:

Fishman Dan
28th May 2004, 08:26 AM
Did you cough up the dough?!
Golf and gambling - 2 things that should be added to the school curriculum in my view.

Golfgirl
28th May 2004, 09:18 AM
Kids are great mimics. I finally managed to drag my 12 yr old son away from tennis long enough to get him onto the practice fairway.

He's never played golf before, just not interested , ( can't be my genes there ) He watched me hit a dozen balls, then grabbed my 8 iron and was belting them 70 metres , and high too. Faultless swing.

Theres a sawn off tree stump, about 14 inches across, about 70 metres away. Just to keep him interested , I bet him $10 he couldn't hit 40 balls toward the stump, then chip each ball from where it landed and hit the stump at least 10 times . The little mongrel hit it 12 times. :evil:

That'll teach you.... humiliating, isn't it? I'll have to give up golf in about 5 years time, because Mitchell will be belting them past me....

On the other hand, I'll have a partner for the Mixed Foursomes at last (you play golf with me on Sunday young man - or no pocket money for you!!! 8) ). :lol: :lol:

mike
28th May 2004, 09:30 AM
Did you cough up the dough?!

Yep , but he refused to take the money. Not my genes there , either.

I went back next day ( alone ) and tried it . I got 11 :oops:

No I didn't tell him. :wink:

burger
28th May 2004, 10:36 AM
Yep , but he refused to take the money. Not my genes there , either.
So does mrs mike have some explaining to do or are they her genes shining through???

I went back next day ( alone ) and tried it . I got 11 :oops:
thats not too good for the old mans ego now is it . . .. :wink:

mike
28th May 2004, 12:27 PM
My ego is intact cos he doesn't know he beat me. If he knew, I'd never hear the end of it...my genes there. :wink: