PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

kingslayer33
11th March 2009, 07:45 PM
Been lurking for a while now and thought it was time I introduced myself.

I started mucking around as a kid when my father took up the game. Got to single figures when I was about 14. Never really played as my number 1 sport though as I had plenty of other interests that seemed better at the time. (way more girls,and better looking ones at that, played tennis when I was young)

Started taking it all a little more seriously in recent years although now I have a 9 month old, that I am itching to buy clubs for, I don't really have time to practice. Am hoping to improve on the current 6ish and get down below 5 for the first time in the next 12 months.

Have been looking at new irons in recent times, that I even have spousal approval for, but really I aspire to be as big a club ho as some of the others I read about on here.

Currently I live in Hobart, not quite close enough to the great Barnbougle to make a really regular trip but close enough.

BrisVegas
11th March 2009, 07:49 PM
welcome aboard mate. Congrats on the little one! Hobart's a great part of the world, I've often thought of moving there (especially when it's 40degrees here in summer).

Hope you find plenty of interesting chat here.

kingslayer33
11th March 2009, 08:48 PM
strange then that I have thought of moving to QLD in the middle of a Hobart winter.

but it is better overall here than other places I have lived - Canberra and London especially.

pom
11th March 2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome Kingslayer. I would reccomend a move to Qld anytime but then I am biased & I can not stand cold weather.