PDA

View Full Version : QLD V Vic day nighter

Onewood
18th December 2004, 12:20 AM
Just arrived home from watching the Bulls throw away a match winning position :oops: at times the most excitment come from the beach balls being tossed around :D

Anybody what to buy a Australian cricket flag :roll: these places are a rip off $12.00 for a 50cent flag :evil: But!! Mitch wanted it :P :D

Maybe off to e-bay with it......I could say that there was only 500 made and get $299.00 for it 8) (of course without the bat :D )

AndyP
18th December 2004, 12:56 AM
Just arrived home from watching the Bulls throw away a match winning position :oops: at times the most excitment come from the beach balls being tossed around :D
Disagree. It was a great game, and I really enjoyed the night.
Some great pressure applied by the Vic bowlers, after some poor bowling kept the "Invincible" team in it. :D

Domestic cricket ain't too bad, when you get some mates together to watch it. 8)

Jarro
18th December 2004, 06:39 AM
how'd Jimmy and the boys lose that one :smt017

never mind, they still look like the team to beat again this year ..... and still have a pretty handy lead on the points table :wink:

Match 17 of 30 P W L NR T BP Points NRR For Against
Queensland 6 5 1 - - 4 24 +1.054 1509 / 272.5 1343 / 300
Tasmania 6 4 2 - - 2 18 +0.140 1481 / 298.1 1448 / 300
Victoria 6 3 3 - - 2 14 +0.474 1315 / 255.3 1257 / 269
Western Australia 5 3 2 - - - 12 -0.269 1185 / 219 1244 / 219
South Australia 6 1 5 - - - 4 -1.373 1230 / 290 1412 / 251.3
New South Wales 5 1 4 - - - 4 -0.149 1147 / 240 1163 / 236

What's going on with those Blues Onewood :?: :wink:

Fishman Dan
18th December 2004, 07:42 AM
Maybe off to e-bay with it......I could say that there was only 500 made and get $299.00 for it 8) (of course without the bat :D )

Say it's from the Scotty Cameron studio ;) :roll:

Onewood
18th December 2004, 07:49 AM

never mind, they still look like the team to beat again this year ..... and still have a pretty handy lead on the points table :wink:

What's going on with those Blues Onewood :?: :wink:

A couple of things went wrong Jarro, your Jimmy took 30 overs to make 50 :shock: if your just going to hold the innings together like that, he should have been there at the end. I'm affraid QLD are Symonds out all out :D This guy would'nt get a game in my Aussie team at the moment, with the form he's in :roll:

AP, the catch of the night must have been White's caught and bowled :smt038 it was one of those ones that just stuck :shock: straight off the middle of the bat 8)

Jarro, The BLUES are called AUSTRALIA don't forget :lol: :D

Jarro
18th December 2004, 08:14 AM
Jarro, The BLUES are called AUSTRALIA don't forget :lol: :D

.. not as many as there used to be mate :wink:

it's a truly AUSTRALIAN side now 8)

.. even the coach is a QUEENSLANDER :D

AndyP
19th December 2004, 01:21 PM
Qld had Vic at 8/197 when I got there, but the young Vic keeper made a great half century, and gave Bichel a Kaspa-like over to finish the innings (two sixes, and a four, at least).

As Kev said, Maher was painfully slow and really out of form. He was lucky to make as many runs as he did.

Qlders still looked safe while he was still in because they had plenty of wickets in hand, and the req run rate wasn't too bad. Vics had tied up one end with Harvey or Lewis, but bowlers from the Stanley St end were bowling trash, which kept Qld in it.
Once Symonds played his usual dumb-ass shot, and Maher got out it was left to some no-namers or the bowlers, who are pretty handy with the bat (Noffke at 11 has a first class century to his name), to get the runs. But White and Harvey bowled fantastically, got some wickets, and allowed the more expensive bowlers to get enough overs in.

It was a great match to watch, as the Vics had to comeback twice.

AP, the catch of the night must have been White's caught and bowled it was one of those ones that just stuck :shock: straight off the middle of the bat :cool:
Fantastic catch, at a time when it was needed. And didn't he love it. :D

Whereabouts were you sitting? I was around the Vulture St End sightscreen.

it's a truly AUSTRALIAN side now :cool:
Not if you had your way, and dropped Warney for this match. :x :wink:

Onewood
19th December 2004, 02:56 PM
AP, do you think Harvey has lost some wieght and looks the fittest I've seen him for years :roll:

Mitch and I where sitting underneath the scoreboard 2 back from the fence (gate 2), he had a ball, even started chanting LEWIS when the boys where giving him a hard time :D

AndyP
19th December 2004, 09:10 PM
AP, do you think Harvey has lost some wieght and looks the fittest I've seen him for years :roll:
Yeah, we did think Harvey was looking fitter. But you used the rolling eyes emoticon, so I'm a little confused. :?

He had a great spell of bowling. It looked like the Qlders were trying to see him off, as they were having some problems with him.

It would be disappointing if he was not considered for international duties again, as Symonds is a joke at the moment. But I guess Watson is the main contender for the allrounder spot if there is only one.

Onewood
19th December 2004, 09:25 PM
The rolling eyes were for the fact that he looks like he wants to play International cricket again.....I think he was one of these guys who thought he would be around for awhile, but now has to do some work to get back in.

AndyP
19th December 2004, 09:50 PM
The rolling eyes were for the fact that he looks like he wants to play International cricket again.....I think he was one of these guys who thought he would be around for awhile, but now has to do some work to get back in.
Not sure of his age, coz it might count against him now.
But then again, look at Lehmann. :roll:

Harvey is a superior bowler to Symonds, but he never really found his feet with the bat when playing for Oz. :(

What do you think of White as the "potential" Warney replacement, although he is meant to be better with the bat.
I hadn't been impressed from what I'd seen on the TV, and his averages are pretty so-so at the moment too. But he had a great night with the ball on Friday, after getting belted for his first two overs. It was a great recovery.

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 03:33 PM
Qld are about to go down in the Pura Cup match too, after making the Vics follow on. \:D/
They need the last wicket to last 90 minutes, after the first 9 have only lasted about 4hrs.

Jarro
22nd December 2004, 06:24 PM
yeah.... the Bulls were beaten :( don't know how they managed to lose that one :smt017

Onewood
22nd December 2004, 06:28 PM
yeah.... the Bulls were beaten :( don't know how they managed to lose that one :smt017

Look on the bright side Jarro, it only about the 5th side ever to get beat after enforcing the follow on :roll:

I think these bulls may have to be denackered :D there starting to get a bit cocky :wink:

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 08:14 PM
Beaten by a better side.
To beat the Bulls in a one-dayer and a four-day game at the Gabba is a fantastic effort.

Vics are starting to get some momentum heading into the second half of the season. 8)

Jarro
22nd December 2004, 08:23 PM
Vics are starting to get some momentum heading into the second half of the season. 8)

we'll see :roll:

Onewood
22nd December 2004, 08:37 PM

we'll see :roll:

The BLUES are looking good all year :wink: see how they backed off the other day waiting for everyone to catch up :D

Jarro
22nd December 2004, 08:39 PM
dream on Kev :roll:

Onewood
22nd December 2004, 09:17 PM
dream on Kev :roll:

Just trying to see if that shark of yours will take a little BAIT :D

AndyP
12th February 2005, 12:29 AM
Not worth a new thread, but thought I would mention that I went to Qld v WA at the Gabba tonight, with about 9000 other people.

Pretty poor game in comparison to the Vic game.
WA set a crap total of 211, and Qld was all out for 153, throwing most of their wickets away. Hopes did nothing.
Qld is in very ordinary form heading into the final Sunday week against Vic or Tas. Might be worth going to, especially if it is the Vics.

And they really need more pubs around the Gabba.

Onewood
13th February 2005, 03:33 PM
QLD V Tassie final 8) The VIC's came up against one super side today :D

Jarro
13th February 2005, 04:11 PM
better luck next year Kev :cry:

GO THE BULLS :!: :!:

Onewood
13th February 2005, 05:23 PM

You seen a real one day side today 8) THE MIGHTY BLUES at full strength, simply Awesome :P

Bring on the B Grade Final :D

AndyP
13th February 2005, 06:15 PM
I think the Vics might have been a chance of chasing that target today if McGrath wasn't so damn good.

Interesting that all three finals contenders lost this weekend.

Ona
13th February 2005, 08:51 PM
White shows his skills again. cant believe im older than him, ive wasted my life :cry: :D lol

AndyP
14th February 2005, 07:50 AM
White shows his skills again.
Yep, Hopes must be an absolute star then. :roll:

The disappointing thing is that White's one-day domestic batting average is 15, which is not a reflection of his skill with the bat. I don't understand why his half centuries for Aus A, do not count towards this average.

Fishman Dan
14th February 2005, 08:19 AM

You seen a real one day side today 8) THE MIGHTY BLUES at full strength, simply Awesome :P

Bring on the B Grade Final :D

Makes a real difference when the big boys return - it's a completely different team with them. The likes of the McGrath's, Lee, Clarke's etc really made it stand out against the much younger VIC's. Solid effort - shame Jacques never really got it going, he's another name to look out for, but might fall into the category of unlucky cricketers who may never get a start of Australia.

TAS for the win next week - you can't back a team that struggled to score 150 against the competition minnows 8)

Jarro
14th February 2005, 04:12 PM
hang your head in shame Fishy ... Bulls to win for sure 8)

just goes to show the lack of depth of talent you cockies have .... take out 3 players and you fall in a heap :P :roll:

Fishman Dan
14th February 2005, 04:30 PM
just goes to show the lack of depth of talent you cockies have .... take out 3 players and you fall in a heap :P :roll:

It will improve. We got rid of Bevan, but also other ordinary players like Rummans (VIC). We're struggling for another opener since Tubs/Slater left the scene.

This Greg Mail bloke isn't consistent enough, as soon as someone else emerges he's gone.

I could have said 'He doesn't deliver'.... but i didn't ;)