PDA

View Full Version : Dropping into the slot

kwantfm
10th March 2009, 10:10 AM
Help!

I've been trying a few things with regard to dropping back onto plane at the start of the downswing. I now have a better feeling for keeping my shoulders in place a bit longer so that I don't introduce too steep a downswing and stay more in sync.

My problem is that the traditional ideas about just letting gravity move the arms and club down feel so powerless to me.

What do you guys feel when you drop into the slot? Does anyone actually loop deliberately from the top by actively pushing the hands into a deeper position than the top of the backswing? Are you concentrating on your hands or shoulders or other body movements?

How do you get the feeling of dropping down AND maintaining a lot of power and dynamism?

Thanks,
T

virge666
10th March 2009, 11:35 AM
My problem is that the traditional ideas about just letting gravity move the arms and club down feel so powerless to me.

Forget how it feels and use real life facts. Feelings are subjective. What feels like a good swing to you would feel like shit to someone else.

Where does the ball land ?
What is the ball flight like ?
Can i repeat this ?

Real world stuff only.

How do you get the feeling of dropping down AND maintaining a lot of power and dynamism?

Ask that question again and tell me how this realates to where the ball lands. This is how you feel and we don't care about how you feel. YOU only care about how you feel. And when you are shooting in the 70's compared to the 80's you will feel much much better.

Work with facts not feelings. It is why Men are better than Women.

kwantfm
10th March 2009, 11:35 AM
Reading through Zigwah's (immense) thread it looks like we have a few similar issues.

kwantfm
10th March 2009, 11:37 AM
Where does the ball land ?
What is the ball flight like ?

So I try to drop then turn and the ball is going 25% shorter and the ball flight looks oh so weak!

Persistence? Is that what I need?

virge666
10th March 2009, 12:01 PM
I cannot see your swing so I don't know... if it is 25% shorter and a weak ball flight - then NO, piss it off and hit it like you were in the earlier vids.

That looked fine. :)

The trick with the drop is to keep your posture and aggressively drop your arms. Don't hunch on the downswing.

Enjoy