PDA

View Full Version : So,I guess there are no hitters here

jorjax
6th March 2009, 04:09 PM
After all the replies in my first post,it does,nt look like there are any R/arm hitters OR thrusters at all here(R/handers).
Surely there has to be,most of you guys use a punch around the course at some stage or other,thats all it really is.
Now ,Im just going to start to duck for cover just in case.lol.I know you guys like to hang it on the newbies,but I really would like some intelligent threads on the subject,maybe we can all learn something from the post....cheers :lol::lol::lol:

BrisVegas
6th March 2009, 04:18 PM
I really would like some intelligent threads on the subject,maybe we can all learn something from the post....

you can't always get what you want. :neutral:

henno
6th March 2009, 04:18 PM
Is there an echo in here? (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12552)

jorjax
6th March 2009, 04:20 PM
you can't always get what you want. :neutral:

No harm in trying mate..:lol:

3oneday
6th March 2009, 06:26 PM
I actually don't understand the question, or relevence ?

Excuse my ignorance sorry :oops: but I don't walk up to my pro and say "I want to be a hitter" ??? He'd probably deck me if I said I wanted him to teach me to be a thruster :).

More info please ? I just go out and play, or flip, or chilli dip, or whatever !

Scottt
6th March 2009, 06:50 PM
Jorjax, it was pretty clear from the crickets chirping after your initial enquiry that there were no (conscious) hitters here.

But there are definitely hos, so I guess that means there might be some thrusters.

hocko
6th March 2009, 06:51 PM
I am also perplexed?
If we knew what you were talking about you may get more answers.

jorjax
6th March 2009, 06:54 PM
I actually don't understand the question, or relevence ?

Excuse my ignorance sorry :oops: but I don't walk up to my pro and say "I want to be a hitter" ??? He'd probably deck me if I said I wanted him to teach me to be a thruster :).

More info please ? I just go out and play, or flip, or chilli dip, or whatever !

Thanks for the reply 3 OD,The short version: One sets club at address at impacts alighnments,from there the club is simply taken back to about shoulder height(this is done in a linear movement ) In other words the club and R/forearm go to top in a straight line from set-up to top of swing "ON PLANE",from there it is simply a lineal thrust of the R/forearm back down to impact,keeping the forearm and clubshaft in-line with each other and through to finish.
I hasten to add,this is "short version",and MY understanding of the swing,those here in the know would hopefully give a much better explaination than me, Thats why Im here -to learn ...cheers JJ

Scottt
6th March 2009, 07:04 PM
I just go blank and start thinking about what I'm going to have for lunch when I read instructional palava. :lol:

3oneday
6th March 2009, 07:10 PM
Is this like the "no backswing swing" type thingo ? lost me here One sets club at address at impacts alighnments

At least I wasn't lost at thanks for the reply :lol:

jorjax
6th March 2009, 07:12 PM
I just go blank and start thinking about what I'm going to have for lunch when I read instructional palava. :lol:

Ha Ha mate,so do I,but lets face it,we all read something somewhere from time to time,even if we just looked at pretty pictures on golf(my fav)
We dont just go out and learn by feel,we are told things and we read.
Do I go blank when reading tech stuff,,you betcha:wink:

AndyP
6th March 2009, 07:58 PM

This was worth another thread.

Moe Norman
6th March 2009, 08:03 PM
seriously, if you typed a coherent question - you might get a coherent reply that relates to the question.

just
6th March 2009, 08:06 PM

This was worth another thread.

You must agree that it was worth another thread because you formed that as a statement.

If you didn't think it was worth another thread you should have formed it as a question followed by a smiley, as follows:
This was worth another thread?:roll:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

henno
6th March 2009, 08:10 PM
That would have been correct, had it not been for the invention of sarcasm during the 16th century.

AndyP
6th March 2009, 08:10 PM
Sarcasm not, cool no more?

PeteyD
6th March 2009, 08:13 PM
Sarcasm is the lowest form ... hey nice rack in your avatar!

Scottt
6th March 2009, 08:13 PM
Ha Ha mate,so do I,but lets face it,we all read something somewhere from time to time,even if we just looked at pretty pictures on golf(my fav)
We dont just go out and learn by feel,we are told things and we read.
Do I go blank when reading tech stuff,,you betcha:wink:

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons is the only instruction book I have come across that appears to be trying to help a golfer improve, rather than show off how much the instructor knows.

just
6th March 2009, 08:14 PM
Oh you were being sarcastic, its hard to tell.

Toolish
6th March 2009, 08:24 PM
I tried to help out a bit in the last thread and pretty much got hung out to dry in this post.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=291610&postcount=72

Seen as you are using the term hitter but I was the one that introduced TGM to that thread I obviously have no ****ing idea what you mean. Where did you get your definition of a hitter from, sounds a lot like what Homer described....but it must not be as I was the one that introduced TGM to the other thread...

PeteyD
6th March 2009, 08:30 PM
Homer Simpson? He seems about that articulate :D

jorjax
6th March 2009, 08:31 PM
Ben Hogan's Five Lessons is the only instruction book I have come across that appears to be trying to help a golfer improve, rather than show off how much the instructor knows.

Generally I have to agree,except for Homers Golf machine,it took him over 40 yrs to write. And can I add,I was hesitant to name the book for fear people thought I was pushing it,its not my agenda,Again ,Im simply trying to learn more about this great game...cheers...JJ
PS I was looking at being a donating member,I might just wait a while on that

PeteyD
6th March 2009, 08:35 PM
There are plenty of great TGM resources on the web. Try Lynn Blake, Brian Manzilla, even the other aussie golf site.

virge666
6th March 2009, 08:36 PM
I tried to help out a bit in the last thread and pretty much got hung out to dry in this post.

I am with you toolish... who cares.

Hitters push the club through impact. (Trevino, Parry, DeMarco)
Swingers pull the club through impact. (Tiger, Phil, Scott, Ogilvy)

All the other stuff is just a mild form of masterbation.

henno
6th March 2009, 08:37 PM
PS I was looking at being a donating member,I might just wait a while on that

For what? Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows?

AndyP
6th March 2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the PS. We'll be much more tolerant of your posting dribble now.

jorjax
6th March 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the PS. We'll be much more tolerant of your posting dribble now.

Sorry guys if I wasted your time,sorry that my forte isnt grammer,I dont believe that I bagged any body here and dont believe that I deserved the bashing that I received here.
Just tried to fit in ,thats obviously isnt going to happen.So thanks for your time...cheers and all the best..JORJAX

Scottt
6th March 2009, 08:50 PM
Spacing and full points are your friends, Jorjax. Embrace them!

Dotty
6th March 2009, 08:51 PM
Mmmmmm, pavlova.

adlo
6th March 2009, 08:52 PM
http://mako22.homestead.com/architect.jpg

Scottt
6th March 2009, 08:53 PM
Speaking of pavlova, you know what's good over here? They get strawberries and crunched up bits of meringue like the crunch bit of a pav, and mix them together, then drizzle with cream. It's bloody delicious.

Toolish
6th March 2009, 09:11 PM
Sorry guys if I wasted your time,sorry that my forte isnt grammer,I dont believe that I bagged any body here and dont believe that I deserved the bashing that I received here.
Just tried to fit in ,thats obviously isnt going to happen.So thanks for your time...cheers and all the best..JORJAX

finally clicked as to who you are.

Do you have a grand kid named after you?

henno
6th March 2009, 09:32 PM

Ergo... Concordently... Vis-à-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying.

adlo
6th March 2009, 09:37 PM
I just wanted to sound cool...

henno
6th March 2009, 09:53 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5914/vulnerable.jpg

I’m feeling a little vulnerable so you just need to chill out. Can you do that? I’d appreciate that. Thanks.

Scottt
6th March 2009, 09:59 PM
finally clicked as to who you are.

Do you have a grand kid named after you?

He does. See username thread.

adlo
6th March 2009, 10:04 PM
Mouth shut! Ears open!

henno
6th March 2009, 10:08 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/240/sasso.jpg

Watch the sass, captain sassy pants!

adlo
6th March 2009, 10:09 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/240/sasso.jpg

Watch the sass, captain sassy pants!
That is game, set and match.

Classic quote.

adlo
6th March 2009, 10:11 PM
Oh, one more...

I don't normally like to use my big voice

hocko
6th March 2009, 10:21 PM
Onceagainwehavealienatedanewmember......goodone?
Spacingsarenotmyfriendseither
jorjaxyourquestionsarewelcomeandifyoucanreadthisyo uareoneofus!

Eag's
6th March 2009, 10:27 PM

jorjax, if you want to survive around here, you better learn to man up and take some shit. We all cop it at some stage dude but it is what makes this place so much fun. Hey, we have been trying for ever to get Blake to bugger off, or even Scottt, but no luck so far. Anyways cya :smt006

adlo
6th March 2009, 10:39 PM
jorjax, if you want to survive around here, you better learn to man up and take some shit.
What he said.
Take some crap and realise that most people here don't know a lot about TGM or hitting/swinging etc and can't be bothered trying when your posts read like verbal diarrhea.

hocko
6th March 2009, 10:46 PM
Geez you guys are harsh.
Shouls we start on the horse jokes again?

AndyP
6th March 2009, 11:10 PM
Hard luck story of the year!
You didn't "try to fit in" and you did not receive a "bashing".

Scottt
6th March 2009, 11:41 PM
What my mate Eag's said.

just
7th March 2009, 04:19 AM
Hard luck story of the year!
You didn't "try to fit in" and you did not receive a "bashing".
Oh, so now we have to fit in? When was I briefed on this requirement? More to the point, when were you briefed on this requirement? I've been eating a lot of doughnuts lately and I'm not likely to fit in to anything. You've only introduced this rule because of your running. I object, its discrimination against large framed members of the forum!

3oneday
7th March 2009, 04:20 AM
What my mate Eag's said.
you still here ??? :roll:

FFS

Hey Jorjax, PM FMDan and take him with you will ya ???

:lol:

AndyP
7th March 2009, 07:20 AM
Oh, so now we have to fit in? When was I briefed on this requirement? More to the point, when were you briefed on this requirement? I've been eating a lot of doughnuts lately and I'm not likely to fit in to anything. You've only introduced this rule because of your running. I object, its discrimination against large framed members of the forum!Shuddup Fatty!

PeteyD
7th March 2009, 07:22 AM
Bugger off all you skinny runts.

Minor_Threat
7th March 2009, 07:29 AM
5 minutes of my life lost reading this thread.. Where are those sexy nurses?

PeteyD
7th March 2009, 10:11 AM
I f e 10 m

markTHEblake
7th March 2009, 10:19 AM
Bugger off all you skinny runts.

says you who is wearing short pants three sizes too big now.

henno
7th March 2009, 11:20 AM
I f e 10 m

One of the best Two Ronnies skits ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkWMcRlE1mQ)

PeteyD
7th March 2009, 11:30 AM
One of the best Two Ronnies skits ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkWMcRlE1mQ)

Indeed it wasw, silly cow!

The shorts are maybe 1 size too large. I am hardly a skinny runt.

Can't buy a putt
7th March 2009, 12:09 PM
tried it once, but it hurt my wrist too much... so I let others do it for me now...
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/valylune_2007/Drugplayingnurse.jpg

TheNuclearOne
8th March 2009, 11:51 AM

I'm hitting as of 2 months ago, just from a standard address. Took most of my sway and dip out by concentrating on the right arm only and no active thought of pivot. I've moved up one or two levels fast following a bit of Lynn Blake. His swing is awesome, so still and solid.

mike
8th March 2009, 05:09 PM
Is Lynn Blake a he or a she ?

Iain
8th March 2009, 05:41 PM
A he....

3oneday
8th March 2009, 06:58 PM
Links ? I'm into trying something new at the moment ;)

TheNuclearOne
8th March 2009, 07:45 PM
Links ? I'm into trying something new at the moment ;)

They cost a bit but his DVD's are the shit apparently.

mike
8th March 2009, 09:21 PM
A he....
wtf ? Does he have a brother called Sue ?

Toolish
9th March 2009, 08:41 PM
They cost a bit but his DVD's are the shit apparently.

having watched a disc and a half of the 3 disc set. They are the shit, but you need to be at least semi versed in TGM coming in or it will sound liek they are from another planet...maybe TGMers all are though!

markTHEblake
9th March 2009, 09:35 PM
wtf ? Does he have a brother called Sue ?

if he has a nephew called Bill or George i think you might be right.

virge666
9th March 2009, 09:37 PM
having watched a disc and a half of the 3 disc set. They are the shit, but you need to be at least semi versed in TGM coming in or it will sound liek they are from another planet...maybe TGMers all are though!

Is this the 3 day seminar DVD . . .

Toolish
9th March 2009, 09:49 PM
no, think that was tom tomasello. This is Alignment Golf with Lynn and VJ Trolio.

virge666
9th March 2009, 09:54 PM
Oh OK... yeah got that one.

The 3 DVD seminar in the USA was way better. I did love Tom though, he is sadly missed.

TheNuclearOne
10th March 2009, 05:24 PM
Oh OK... yeah got that one.

The 3 DVD seminar in the USA was way better. I did love Tom though, he is sadly missed.

It must be frighteningly good then, because Blakes DVD's are fantastic.

markTHEblake
10th March 2009, 06:24 PM
It must be frighteningly good then, because Blakes DVD's are fantastic.

Too right, just dont mix em up with Jarros though.

Scottt
10th March 2009, 09:31 PM
Jarro's DVDs are more concerned with the thread about dropping it in the slot, aren't they? :lol:

TheNuclearOne
10th March 2009, 10:03 PM
Ooooooook fella's :lol:

PeteyD
11th March 2009, 06:19 AM
What happened to the cavity back?