PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 2nd March 2009

Dotty
2nd March 2009, 05:55 PM
39 points to win the Monday arvo comp.

Good - Nine 3-pointers, including some killer wedge shots
Bad - Two 1-pointers
Ugly - Two misses, including some killer wedge shots. (Unfortunately into overhanging branches and from above-the-hole. D'Oh.)

razaar
2nd March 2009, 09:07 PM
Monday afternoon comp...?

Dotty
2nd March 2009, 09:37 PM
Traditionally, Monday afternoons were set aside for the ex-servicemen to run their own comp., using their own 'social' handicapping.

As their numbers dropped, the pro-shop took it over, currently has 60-90 starters, with indiv. stableford and 3BBB (best 2 of 3 scores). AGU handicaps and adjustments on Golflink.

Mixture of retirees, part-time workers and those with 5 day memberships, who can't play in the main Wed. and Sat members comps. (Good way to catch up with the older members of the club, or to invite a guest for a comp. round.)

AndyP
3rd March 2009, 07:35 AM
02/03/09, Katherine CGC, Solo 9 holes

Score 48 nett 42 (Par 36)

Poor play overall, with the irons being the only thing showing some amount of form. The fairways were closer to being rough in most places, which I was surprised at since they had their comp yesterday. The greens weren't too bad, but I just can't get myself to hit it hard enough.

I'd rather play Tindal. There's a few things about Katherine CGC that I don't like (plus you have to actually go through the town to get there).

BrisVegas
3rd March 2009, 08:00 AM
is Katherine as bad as they say for whiteys?

razaar
3rd March 2009, 08:52 AM
Played in the NT Open at Katherine in the early 1980s. A plague of locusts had gone over the course the week before the championship and eaten every blade of grass on the fairways and rough. We played with the fairways marked by pegs; inside the pegs you could tee up, outside play as it lies. I remember clearly that NT draught tasted like cats piss in Katherine but was nectar of the Gods in Darwin.

peter_rs
3rd March 2009, 09:15 AM
Sat- Nudgee south
39/49= 88 net 75

It was a weird day I was 4 over for the first 12 but then I slowed fast as sun burnt took its toll on me. The round was only 5 hours long

Sun-Nudgee North
12/19=31

I had 8 points in the first 3 holes... by the 5 hole the sat round had taken its toll.

Got a cart for the back 9 as shazza had a score going.

AndyP
3rd March 2009, 10:21 AM
I haven't heard that it's bad for whiteys.
Someone who works with me here heads into the Katherine Hotel for a few drinks often without problems. The big mammas love him too. One of them grabbed his groin when he was coming out of Woolies with his hands full. :lol:

dc68
3rd March 2009, 12:11 PM

I The big mammas love him too. One of him grabbed his groin when he was coming out of Woolies with his hands full. :lol:

So Vegas in answer to your Q.....

Yes it is bad for whiteys!!!!!

Flowergirl
3rd March 2009, 08:25 PM
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! Just come back from Barnbougle. You know what it's like when you hear so much hype about something - then when you get there it's not as good as you think it will be. Well Barnbougle is one of those places. It's not as good - it is just so much better!!!
What a course and set up they have. And we played with a light breeze and warm sunshine. Oh my god. When I walked up that hill ( I think going to the 4th) and you walk along the stretch overlooking the ocean - I have to say I even got a bit teary. It was one of the most breath taking sights I have seen!!!

Unfortunately my drives were horrible - but my short game saved me. After I put aside my ego and my driver after the 10th hole I played to my handicap ( don't ask about the first 10 holes!!) - but I had decided that I wasn't going to worry so much about the quality of my game and just enjoy the experience. At least I didn't break the ton!!! Don't tell anyone that we played off the light blue markers - even easier than the reds!!!

The on course accomodation was great and the 21 of us had a private dining room and beautiful food. Can't wait to go back with Johnny Boy and a few other couples. They have 4 bedroom villas which look great.:smt038:smt038:smt038

If you have ever thought about going down there - and I know a lot of you have already - do yourselves a favour and make the trip. The second 18 holes will be open later this year.

We also palyed at the Launceston Country Cub course. I'm sorry - but that is pretty crap. For a resort course it is in pretty bad condition and just a "nothing" course. And no we didn't go there after Barny.

PeteyD
3rd March 2009, 08:28 PM
See my comment earlier -- I hate you :D

BrisVegas
3rd March 2009, 08:29 PM
told ya's! :lol:

sorry Reenie, if i'd realised you were going i could have put you in touch with my uncle-in-law in Launceston. He's a member at Launceston GC which is much better than the resort you played.

adlo
3rd March 2009, 08:50 PM
Pretty envious. Glad it was so good Flowergirl.

kev
4th March 2009, 09:16 AM
<snip>Can't wait to go back with Johnny Boy and a few other couples.<snip>

:shock: :-k

Eag's
4th March 2009, 09:28 AM
It's a very special place Reenie, can't wait to get back there myself :)

PeteyD
4th March 2009, 11:16 AM
93/74 in the mug today, putting like a total nuffy. 35 putts. 7 Fairways. Got on the par 5 9th for 2 and proceeded to 3 putt ...

Grunt
5th March 2009, 02:47 PM
Played Bathurst this morning and it successfully tore me a new one. Could not hit the ball today, had no idea where it was going to go with each hit, Driver was going left, irons Right and putting was terrible.
Was pretty windy and way colder than I had planned when I left home this morning. Was 10* when I teed off in shorts and shirt. Greens were quite shaggy and slow as they recover from the scarifying they had recently.

Another uncommmon thing was playing with 2 other guys in a cart who were not Bathurst members. On the front nine they played as a 2 and a fair few times were on the green having played their second shots before I had got to my first. I was rushing to keep up and no doubt this affected my game somewhat. I always thought slowplay was bad. This was way worse today.

Stats
23 Points :(
102 Gross
7/14 Fwys
3 GIR
36 Putts
0/8 Up & Downs
0/2 Sand Saves

Hopefully next game will be better.

BrisVegas
5th March 2009, 02:55 PM
Another uncommmon thing was playing with 2 other guys in a cart who were not Bathurst members....I was rushing to keep up and no doubt this affected my game somewhat. I always thought slowplay was bad. This was way worse today.

My regular group last year was 3 x low markers in their own carts (unrestricted) + me walking. With good golfers who hit the fairway most times, it makes for a tough group to keep up with when you're walking. This year I've been playing with some guys who aren't as good, so there is more search parties and more shots generally. I'm usually waiting for them!

Grunt
5th March 2009, 02:58 PM
Was not that they were that good, it was more that they were playing with no etiquette at all. Was speed golf, first nine played in just over 90 min. We had to wait on the first tee for 3 groups to tee off before we could play through.

chappy1970
6th March 2009, 09:33 AM
Played in my dad's golf day yesterday at Patterson River CC (Falcon's old stomping ground)

It was pretty wet and windy in Melbourne yesterday, but this course seems to agree with me.

79/70
28 putts

Was good enough for putting champ and runner-up Nett in A grade.

I do the scoring for the day, we had 90 players and I put 2 of the biggest scores that I can ever remember seeing into the computer.

Player 1 - 183 gross
Player 2 - 154 gross

big day for these boys

henno
6th March 2009, 09:37 AM
I can only assume the round took 5-6 hours.

chappy1970
6th March 2009, 09:47 AM
tick over 5, the big scores weren't in my group though.

That would have done my f%^ken head in.

oz
6th March 2009, 08:30 PM
Played in a Charity Day today. 4 man ambrose, but we played as a 3, as our 4th pulled out at the last minute. We played great. Shot a 59 (against a par of 68 - due to some construction work), which included a bogey on the temp green, and no eagles. Good enough for a win in the scratch & the nett. Fun day.

BrisVegas
7th March 2009, 01:00 PM
back to shitsville golf today, after 3 weeeks of hitting it ok. Couldnt do a thing right.

-6 in a single vs par.

oddly enough, I was on a couple of NTP's. Loving the Snake Eyes still!

Courty
7th March 2009, 01:08 PM
After yesterday's 90mm of rain and impending cyclonic conditions, I wasn't expecting to be playing at all this weekend. I woke this morning and was greeted with blue skies, so it was on like Donkey Kong!

I felt like I was chopping it up big time but was surprised that I only finished nett +2 in a stroke Medal.

81 gross
74 nett

10 fairways
7 greens
30 putts

2 birdies
7 pars
7 bogies
2 doubles :smt013

haysey
7th March 2009, 03:33 PM
Wot County said about the condition of the course.

82 nett 72

If I could putt I'd be dangerous:evil:

Ned
7th March 2009, 03:52 PM
Mareeba GC - Single stroke

86 Gross
74 Nett

10 / 14 Fairways in reg
5 / 18 Greens in reg
36 putts

No birdies
Couple of pars
Shyte loads of bogeys and double bogies

jimandr
7th March 2009, 05:19 PM
Rubbish golf today for 86, nett 77 in the monthly medal. It would have been even worse if it wasn't for some miracle par saves early, then some good putting late. I wasn't swinging too badly, but there weren't enough really good shots.

PeteyD
7th March 2009, 05:44 PM
82/63 at Riverlakes on Friday with the boys for 43 Points (22 and 21). 35 putts with no 3 putts. Very frustrating. 7 GIR, 9/13 Fairways (6/9 with the Launcher, and only 1 bad miss in that). 2 Penalties. Pretty happy with the way I played. 1 double and 7 pars.

AndyP
7th March 2009, 07:18 PM
07/03/09, RAAF Tindal GC, 4 man 9-hole ambrose

Ambrose might disguise it a little bit, but I'm pretty sure I'm playing crap. Inconsistent drives, dodgy irons and poor chipping.

Four teams today and we came third after having the equal best gross (2 under), and then dipping out when the handicaps were decided by rolling two big die. I rolled a 1 with my dice, so I effectively lost the comp for us.....

Next round: Maybe another arvo round up here in NT, and maybe a hit at RAAF Darwin on Fri Morn.

-----------------------

Well done, Petey.

adlo
7th March 2009, 07:56 PM
Good shooting PeteyD.

Played Binningup today with rebjon and IDgolfguy. They were both out there for the first time. Oh, to be a Binningup virgin.

Beautiful day for it. I played poorly. A few nice shots in there. A few snaps of the day below.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/07032009046s.jpghttp://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/07032009054s.jpghttp://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/07032009048s.jpg

Flowergirl
7th March 2009, 08:07 PM
Got to golf early on Wed so I could see if my pro could figure out why I'm hooking. Before I even showed him my swing he knew what it was. Drove straight all day. Good to have someone who knows your swing.

Fist day of pennant on Thursday. We played Devil BEnd at Sorrento. Boy - have they done a lot of work on that course. You should see the size of the dams they have built. Huge.:shock: They have sunk some pretty serious bores. Don't know if that's such a great idea. Isn't water there in the water table for a reason? They have removed a heap of trees and really opened up the course. Have made it a lot easier.

Played a girl off the same handicap ( 15) and we squared the match. I was 1 down going into the 18th and I made a lovely putt to win the hole. I was happy with my game except I played the par 3's poorly and my bunker play was terrible. I really have to learn to adapt to different types of sand.
The team lost 2 1/2 to 4 1/2.

I love pennant.:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038 :smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038

TheNuclearOne
7th March 2009, 08:20 PM
Well thanks Lynn Blake and TGM and probably a small thanks to KBS and the F7M2.

Last comp outing a fortnight ago i won the overall in the golfer of the year comp. Dropped 1.5 strokes.

Monthly Medal today and practically the last card in tied me after i led for the overall all day. Still among the best prizes tho.

Dropped another 1.5 today and have dropped 3 strokes in my last two outings after stagnating for a year.

Started on 14 today.

4 putts from 3 inches off the green on 1, an easy lag and woe was me. Double boge first hole then parred the last 5 in a row for a smooth 4 over 39.

Two pars to start the next 9 made 7 in a row. A double on my boogie hole and i got home for 41.

80 off the stick

66 net

11 pars!!

29 putts

This new level is getting to be enjoyable. I need to change my mindset now. I wasted opportunties on the back 9, cradling 4 putts short and safe, 3 for birdie, knowing i was on a great score. That mindset will have to go now and i'll have the opportunity for some mid 70's with luck.

adlo
7th March 2009, 08:30 PM
Good shooting The NuclearOne

TheNuclearOne
7th March 2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks Adlo, enjoyed the pics too, what a course.

goonie
7th March 2009, 09:34 PM
Had 41pts in Stab today at Carbrook, 21/20, greens had just been cored but I putted great, no 3 putts, lots of 1 putts, longest was 20-25m for a par, but the guy tending the pin didn't pull it out, and I had to give myself a 2 shot penalty, I didn't think I would sink it so by the time I realised it was a chance it was too late to yell out. So I should have had 43pts

38 front 38 back for a 76.

2 triple bogeys/washes
1 double bogey
2 bogeys
5 birdies, made up for a lot of it, 3 in a row on 8,9 and 10, and 2 in a row on 16 and 17.

Chipped in twice, 1 from 5m the other from 20m. Had a great run of 4 pars, 3 birdies and a par from the 4th hole to the 11th.
Hope I can take this form into next weeks match play with Moe Norman at Brocky.

TheNuclearOne
7th March 2009, 09:49 PM
Got crikey, king of the frigging birdies :shock:

mike
8th March 2009, 12:12 AM
Played the semi of the club matchplay today. Not one squared hole on the front 9. :shock:
Led 1 up at the turn , then lost 4 holes in a row, the 4th of which was a chip in birdie.
Was 3 down with 3 to play . Won the last 3 holes to take it down the par 5 1st again.
Both hit good drives and good 2nd shots. My opponent put his approach on the green. I then hit my first shank ever. Faaaaaaaaaark !!

Game over.

Only 2 squared holes out of 19. Gotta love matchplay.

oz
8th March 2009, 07:54 AM
Monthly medal at Albury. Played like a goose. Bookend birdies, with crap in between. 2 doubles, and a load of 3 putts. 80 - nett 74.

Coffs_Hacker
8th March 2009, 08:07 AM
Monthly Medal at shellharbour yesterday 81/71 par 71. Played pretty solid but dropped 5 shots in the last 4 holes which spoiled it a bit. Feeling quite sick today from the sunburn (damm expired suncream)

1 fir
9 gir
33putts
1bird

mikezone13
8th March 2009, 08:22 AM
Monthly medal for us and it was one of those days where the ball striking didn't really tell the story of the day, after starting double, double (missed green from bunker and then a 3 putt - both from getting to cute to tight pins) I coudn't make any pars.

A birdie at 7 righted the ship a little but 3 putting from 6 feet on 15 for bogey killed of my day and I even finished with a 3putt for bogey up the last. Summary, very solid ball striking, just couldn't score well.

83 gross, 74 nett
8/14 fairways (plus 4 within 1m)
8/18 GIR (3 that hit the green but spun off.. grr)
36 putts, not good
3/9 Up and down
0/2 sandies

1 bird
7 pars
8 bogies
2 doubles

AndyP
8th March 2009, 09:36 AM
Played the semi of the club matchplay today. Bummer mike.

Did you need to make any calls to Ned Kelly for any rules decisions during the match? I guess that would be against the rules too.

mike
8th March 2009, 01:07 PM
ffs. let it go

Eag's
8th March 2009, 01:17 PM
Single Stab Nudgee today, 35pts 4 wipes #-o
For a change I hit my irons very well today but the driver was hot and cold.
Wiped the 3 easiest holes 7, 12 & 13 all par 5's :oops: and threw in another shocker on 16.
8 Fairways
9 Greens
30 Putts
10 Pars
4 Bogeys
3 Doubles
1 Triple

Grunt
8th March 2009, 01:53 PM
Are you a member of Shellharbour now Craig? Might have to come down for another hit down there. Have not played it since 2006, have heard the course is in pretty good condition.

Bruce
8th March 2009, 01:58 PM
Played at Sunshine this morning for the first time. Should consider it more as it is only 15mins from home.

Par event and finished square.

The bunkers were disgraceful and they have a lot of other maintenance stuff to deal with. But the course is only about 2 years old so they have some time. Excellent greens in some interesting green complexes though. No excuses for missing anything there.

adlo
8th March 2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks Adlo, enjoyed the pics too, what a course.

Not bad for $15 and had the entire course to ourselves on a Saturday morning.

Jarro
8th March 2009, 03:02 PM
Shocking 24 points at Nudgee today :(

Ned
8th March 2009, 03:24 PM
Mareeba Golf Club - Single Stableford

34 points (17 / 17)
2 birdies :)
3 wipes :smt013

Courty
8th March 2009, 04:16 PM
Shocking 24 points at Nudgee today :(

Ouch.

Jarro
8th March 2009, 04:27 PM
Ouch.

I had a lesson Thursday night :roll:

PeteyD
8th March 2009, 04:28 PM
38 pts (89/70) around reddy in perfect coniditons today. Ball striking was off compared to Friday. 3 Fairways, 32 putts, 6 pars and 5 doubles (including 2 x 3 putts ...) but pleased that I was still able to score. No wipes. Handicap will be down to 16 once this and Riverlakes go in I think.

adlo
8th March 2009, 04:30 PM
Selling the driver then?

adlo
8th March 2009, 04:39 PM
Update please JC.....

PeteyD
8th March 2009, 04:52 PM
Wanker! and no. And where was JC placed?

adlo
8th March 2009, 05:00 PM
Wanker! and no. And where was JC placed?

Feel the lurve :lol:

Was coming first, 2 shots clear after first 2 rounds last weekend. Haven't heard since.

PeteyD
8th March 2009, 05:10 PM
Must of won and is celebrating deleriously, or choked and is too ashamed to show his face ;)

adlo
8th March 2009, 05:12 PM
Must of won and is celebrating deleriously, or choked and is too ashamed to show his face ;)

Time will tell

TheNuclearOne
8th March 2009, 07:27 PM
Not bad for $15 and had the entire course to ourselves on a Saturday morning.

:smt108

Wow man!!!!!

AlexMc
8th March 2009, 08:28 PM
Medal at Dubbo yesterday - shot 82 for 71 nett. 4 doubles just killed me...course was set up long and hard as the usual for medal days but the doubles were just silly...3 putt on the second, doubles on 8 and 9 to finish +6 (water on 8, bad bad drive on 9), then doubled the last after being 100 out after the drive...just disappointing. Hit 9 from 14 fairways, 6 from 18 greens and 33 putts.

It feels like it is coming together and I found heart in being able to play off 11 on medal day after dropping 5 shots this year thus far. Really need to hit more greens...

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2009, 09:12 PM
Time will tell
Was up 5 with two to play yesterday. Opponent finsihed bird4, bird3, I finished 7, 9.

Down 4 starting the round. Took the lead after 6.

Ended up coming down 18 knowing par to tie with the clubhouse leader, bird to win. Was blocked out on my approach and hit a massive draw to leave myself a 60 foot chance at bird. After 5 and a half hours of golf, I told one of my playing partners it was ending on that putt, either way.

I went for the bird, hit it 12-15 feet past and missed the putt coming back. Lost by 1 stroke, won A grade. Lost to a great guy and I got the better prize! I got a very nice Taylormade carry bag and a 3 pack a ProV1X's for closest in 2 on the 12th.

Missed a lot of putts that I could have made.

Made a 9 on 18 yesterday but no regrets. It looked like I had a good lie in the rough, but it was TONS deeper than it appeared. Only took me two lost balls to figure it out :mrgreen:. Would rather lose going for it, than not. I now know the rough and will lay up in the future.

Crazy finish when the leader birdied 16 and then played the wrong ball on 17 (our other playing partner had 4 balls in play, 3 provisionals) and took an 8.

Throughly enjoyed myself and really looking forward to Ambrose next week, even if it's shitty elimination.

adlo
9th March 2009, 01:34 AM
Hard luck JC, who won?

Was out tonight and got your message late, thought best not to reply....

Johnny Canuck
9th March 2009, 11:09 AM
Paul Murphy. Good guy, short hitter, but straight and solid on the greens.

He wanted the golf bag that I got too!

I was thinking about it and if I would give up the golf bag I got for the victory. I don't think I would. I'll give you a call and tell you about the final round. It was absolute chaos!
Wrong balls being played, rules accidentally broken, multiple shots out of bunkers, it had it all!

adlo
9th March 2009, 02:39 PM
:smt108

Wow man!!!!!

Best kept secret in Australian golf. Seriously.

Flowergirl
10th March 2009, 07:34 AM
Played at The Dunes yesterday - late afternoon in perfect conditions. Boy that is a great course!!!
Played a friend who is a member there - matchplay - and we are off the same handicap. Good practise for pennant.
We went neck and neck all day and squared on the last hole. We were both on the green in regulation - me after 2 horrible shots that got lucky - she 3 putted - 1 two putted. Pressure. :)

I should have won but stupidly gave her a hole after I had hit it in the crap with a wild tee shot. We still played out the hole and I ended up making par with my second ball and she had a double. Note to self - NEVER say die!!!!!:smt013;)

sms316
10th March 2009, 08:32 AM
24 points at Nudgee today
What did you have on the back nine?
:wink:

Jarro
10th March 2009, 08:47 AM
What did you have on the back nine?
:wink:

adlo
11th March 2009, 09:26 PM
31 points (13/18 ) today at Kennedy Bay playing with Johnny Canuck.

Was a seriously windy day.

Was messing around with a few swing thoughts on the front 9 for 13 points and a complete brain melt from holes 6-8 for 2 wipes and a point.

Back to normal swing on the back 9 for 18 points. Idiot.

9 FIR
5 GIR
2 x 3 putts
1 x 1 putt

rebjon
12th March 2009, 06:16 PM
31 points (13/18 ) today at Kennedy Bay playing with Johnny Canuck.

Was a seriously windy day.

Was messing around with a few swing thoughts on the front 9 for 13 points and a complete brain melt from holes 6-8 for 2 wipes and a point.

Back to normal swing on the back 9 for 18 points. Idiot.

9 FIR
5 GIR
2 x 3 putts
1 x 1 putt

Don't fruck with it on course....

If your going to do it you must practice and commit. This is why i can't put a good round together....

adlo
12th March 2009, 06:19 PM
Fair enuff....

I will chat to you Sat. I think there are a few things about the swing that work, but I can't help but feel it suits a hitter more.

Johnny Canuck
12th March 2009, 08:27 PM
Both you ****ers better stop thinking and swing on Saturday. There are no ghey swing thoughts allowed if I'm partnering you too.

PeteyD
12th March 2009, 09:02 PM
Who is a ghey swinger?

LarryLong
12th March 2009, 09:17 PM
I'm more of a 'three figure golfer' than a single figure golfer, if you get my meaning, but, while on holiday up north I somehow managed to pull an 86 out of my arse at Ocean Shores with a mate last Saturday. Stoked! Probably my best round in ages since getting back into golf. However, I still had a ten and lost 4 balls on the front 9, so could have/should have done even better. Came home with 40 on the back nine. Why can't I do that all the time?

Highlights were:

- Shanked my tee shot on a par 3 into some serious wood, then hit the provisional to 10cm from the hole. Glad it didn't drop as I still don't have a hole in one to my name and that would have been soul-destroying. I made my mate proud by actually looking for the first ball, and I would have played it if I found it. Honest. :)
- A sand save, and at least four very good bunker shots. No Adolf Hitlers.
- Sinking a 21m birdie putt. Man, the greens are big at Ocean Shores.

Actually, it begs the question. Is Ocean Shores an easy course to score on because of the big greens? I'm trying to work out if I scored well because I didn't have to chip much, or I just played out of my skin.

Hoping for another round tomorrow morning at Tocumwal.

Hux
12th March 2009, 09:38 PM
Monday 2nd. 4BBB Royal Hobart GC. Course in immaculate condition. 33 pts (partner had a shocker got on the card 3 times with 1 pointers). My swing was great, driver was working most of the time, irons were smooth - good timing, putter....fair.

Tuesday 3rd. Stroke Royal Hobart. 101/77 in for a soft Qlder was tough conditions - rain squalls and slow play which put me off for the last 3 holes otherwise I would have probably played to my HCP. Still 4th nett in C grade so I wasn't the only one struggling out there. Driver was okay but lost the irons. Couldn't get them going all day. Started to get a feel for the greens which are actually nice to play on once you get the read and pace.

Thurs 5th. Stroke Tasmania GC. Hit the range, had the driver and irons firing perfectly. PM tee off and conditions were getting progressively worse. By 12.30 (shotgun start) I was hiting off on a long par 5 beside the bay into the teeth of a 30knot wind. Tough start and took 9. Almost felt bad except for a guy off 12 who also took 9. Driver was hopeless and irons were useless. Spent most of my time hitting out from under trees which wasn't that much of an issue since if you put the ball up the wind would kill you anyway. Score was a more than respectable 94/70 with CCR75 a 44 on the front nine (2nd nine played) was the saviour with some great iron shots on par 3's for a succession of pars. Won gross and net C grade but only get a prize for one (gross) Find out I'm running 2nd in C grade as a result of score.

Friday 6th. Stroke. Tasmania GC. 7am tee off. Its still not daylight. Duff my tee shot on a 300m par 4 (took 9)....hmmm a pattern emerges. Had another shocker on another easy par 4 due to skulling a lob wedge and then duffing the return chip before 3 putting. Not thinking about anything bar hole by hole so not the pressure - just the course. Turned at 53 and came in at 45 with the driver finally starting to settle down and the putter saving me a few times. 98/74 (got cut 2 strokes prev day) and ended up with a runner up C grade gross.
No word from the committee on placings and no big board so toddle off back into Hobart thinking of a cuppa and a snooze before the big drink. Just relaxing when notified of a playoff - sudden death. Simple story - blew it with a wayward drive and a poor bunker shot leaving me an impossible downhill putt.

Results Runner up C Grade Gross Aust Police Golf Championships. On score I was also 2nd on nett but they only award one prize.

Tuesday 10 March - Barnbougle Dunes. Flower Girl is right - do yourself a favour and go down there. The weather may be a factor as we arrived to a beautiful afternoon, pleased by above average accomodation in a great setting and treated to premade dinner reservations and then enjoyed a delightful meal before relaxing with a port. After the arrival the golf was secondary....almost.
Played with a dutch golfer Adrian who is on a golfing holiday only a single guy can have. He is playing on average 3 in 4 days as he travells through NZ and southern aus on a 4 mth holiday.
What a course. Amazing and the picture only just do it justice. The layout and setting is superlative but it does bite.
Had a 96/74 after having a shocker on the back nine when that short dogleg par 4 (the 13th or 14th I think) got me on a wayward drive. A lot of highlights though a birdie on the 5th was great plus a string of pars around it.
A thinking course that really would be great to play a couple of days in a row as I think you would have a better idea where to play to rather than firing blind a lot of the time.
So ends my week of golf.

BrisVegas
12th March 2009, 09:45 PM
good stuff hux. glad you got to Barny finally!

ddasey
12th March 2009, 09:50 PM
Hux

Sounds like a great week. Well done. Will have to try and catch up for a hit one Thursday soon..

adlo
12th March 2009, 11:48 PM
Both you ****ers better stop thinking and swing on Saturday. There are no ghey swing thoughts allowed if I'm partnering you too.
You'll keep. I am in the zone JC.

Who is a ghey swinger?
Every amatuer in the world compared to Johnny Canuck.

Ned
13th March 2009, 12:40 AM
B*&^%#d!:evil:

Monday 2nd. 4BBB Royal Hobart GC. Course in immaculate condition. 33 pts (partner had a shocker got on the card 3 times with 1 pointers). My swing was great, driver was working most of the time, irons were smooth - good timing, putter....fair.

Tuesday 3rd. Stroke Royal Hobart. 101/77 in for a soft Qlder was tough conditions - rain squalls and slow play which put me off for the last 3 holes otherwise I would have probably played to my HCP. Still 4th nett in C grade so I wasn't the only one struggling out there. Driver was okay but lost the irons. Couldn't get them going all day. Started to get a feel for the greens which are actually nice to play on once you get the read and pace.

Thurs 5th. Stroke Tasmania GC. Hit the range, had the driver and irons firing perfectly. PM tee off and conditions were getting progressively worse. By 12.30 (shotgun start) I was hiting off on a long par 5 beside the bay into the teeth of a 30knot wind. Tough start and took 9. Almost felt bad except for a guy off 12 who also took 9. Driver was hopeless and irons were useless. Spent most of my time hitting out from under trees which wasn't that much of an issue since if you put the ball up the wind would kill you anyway. Score was a more than respectable 94/70 with CCR75 a 44 on the front nine (2nd nine played) was the saviour with some great iron shots on par 3's for a succession of pars. Won gross and net C grade but only get a prize for one (gross) Find out I'm running 2nd in C grade as a result of score.

Friday 6th. Stroke. Tasmania GC. 7am tee off. Its still not daylight. Duff my tee shot on a 300m par 4 (took 9)....hmmm a pattern emerges. Had another shocker on another easy par 4 due to skulling a lob wedge and then duffing the return chip before 3 putting. Not thinking about anything bar hole by hole so not the pressure - just the course. Turned at 53 and came in at 45 with the driver finally starting to settle down and the putter saving me a few times. 98/74 (got cut 2 strokes prev day) and ended up with a runner up C grade gross.
No word from the committee on placings and no big board so toddle off back into Hobart thinking of a cuppa and a snooze before the big drink. Just relaxing when notified of a playoff - sudden death. Simple story - blew it with a wayward drive and a poor bunker shot leaving me an impossible downhill putt.

Results Runner up C Grade Gross Aust Police Golf Championships. On score I was also 2nd on nett but they only award one prize.

Tuesday 10 March - Barnbougle Dunes. Flower Girl is right - do yourself a favour and go down there. The weather may be a factor as we arrived to a beautiful afternoon, pleased by above average accomodation in a great setting and treated to premade dinner reservations and then enjoyed a delightful meal before relaxing with a port. After the arrival the golf was secondary....almost.
Played with a dutch golfer Adrian who is on a golfing holiday only a single guy can have. He is playing on average 3 in 4 days as he travells through NZ and southern aus on a 4 mth holiday.
What a course. Amazing and the picture only just do it justice. The layout and setting is superlative but it does bite.
Had a 96/74 after having a shocker on the back nine when that short dogleg par 4 (the 13th or 14th I think) got me on a wayward drive. A lot of highlights though a birdie on the 5th was great plus a string of pars around it.
A thinking course that really would be great to play a couple of days in a row as I think you would have a better idea where to play to rather than firing blind a lot of the time.
So ends my week of golf.

PeteyD
13th March 2009, 05:54 AM
Every amatuer in the world compared to Johnny Canuck.

I think you missed the point ... :mrgreen:

adlo
13th March 2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry, my mind wasn't in the gutter.

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2009, 10:20 AM
Who is a ghey swinger?

The lovely couple that I'm playing with this weekend.