View Full Version : Found: Yes Callie or Callie-f

virge666
2nd March 2009, 11:29 AM
Anyone want to part with one ?

or an Oddessey Black #2.

uahmad
2nd March 2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Virge,
I know a guy selling an Odyssey Black Series #1 putter who says its in excellent condition.
Dont know what his asking for it but i can ask him or put you onto him.

virge666
2nd March 2009, 12:14 PM
Anyone know the diff between #1 and #2 ?

if it is mint - looking to spend about $150-ish. 3balls have one for US$69 but woudl rather spend the cash here.

henno
2nd March 2009, 12:19 PM
Isn't it anser/anser2 differences? (I can't remember which is which, but I'm sure that is the difference between #1 and #2)

uahmad
2nd March 2009, 12:33 PM
Taken from another forum, PM if you want the link

I am currently looking to get a blade putter. I LOVE my Scotty Cameron Phantom Mallet 2 but I want to get into a blade putter. I have been to the local Pro Golf and putted with a bunch of different blades from Scotty Newport to the Odyssey Black series. I personally like the feel of the Black over the Newport and everything else out there. The Ping Redwood is a close second.

My question is what is the difference between the #1 and #2 in layman's terms. I know that the center of gravity is different and the blade angle is also different but what does this mean to the average mid handicap guy like myself?

#1= 3.3 degree of loft, CG is .581 high and .406 back (higher CG and further forward)

#2= 3.0 degree of loft, CG is .535 high and .482 back (lower CG and further back)

These stats are from the Odyssey web site.

Again, I played around with pretty much every blade out there from Scotty to Bettinardi and I like the feel of the Black. I am now confused in the difference and what it means to me between the #1 and #2. Pro Golf only had the #2 in stock but it was not in the right length. Before I order a 34 I want to make sure that I am educated on my purchase.

Thanks in advance for the help.
pitbull808
May 19 2007, 06:26 AM

-----------------

Sorry..but I think you're thinking way too deep attempting to choose a putter. I think putter manufacturers are also going too deep with the information they're providing. CG's numbers in my opinion is a bunch of ridiculous information that have nothing to do with choosing a putter. Sure..it's neat to know, but they will not translate into how it's going to feel once the putter is in your hands.

Really..the Odyssey Black 1 & 2....the only difference I'd be concerned with is the rear bumpers. The 1 has rounded while the 2 has flat bumpers. Just like the Cameron Newport and Newport 2. Many like the rounded bumpers because it reminds them of the old Ping Ansers and some like the square bumpers. I like square bumpers because while looking down at the putter, I feel the square angle help to frame the ball better as well as aid in alignment.

Do yourself a favor and forget about putter numbers. Grab it and a couple of balls and roll the darn thing. Pick the one that feels good to you. Which one helps you line the ball up and roll it in the hole. That's all that counts. Bobby Jones didn't give a darn about CG numbers when he was rolling his Callamity Jane. Crenshaw putted lights out with his "Little Ben". We're not looking for long drive numbers when rolling a putter! http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

virge666
2nd March 2009, 02:05 PM
Fine - get me a price please.

:)

uahmad
2nd March 2009, 09:07 PM
Virge talked him down to $125 for you. PM me you're email and Ill forward pics and his email address.

He lives in Sydney. (not member of a forum just know he is selling one when i was in the hunt to get a new set together) I dont know him so would suggest you pickup if you live near by.

uahmad
2nd March 2009, 09:22 PM
Just uploaded them online

http://web.aanet.com.au/rtistik/023.JPG
http://web.aanet.com.au/rtistik/024.JPG
http://web.aanet.com.au/rtistik/025.JPG

virge666
2nd March 2009, 09:51 PM
Cheers mate, much aprreciated.

Just waiting on a Callie quote - be with you real soon.

sparky
3rd March 2009, 08:09 PM
Virge.

I have a Callie gathering dust at the moment. Changed the grip recently to the Odyssey black a few months back.

Great putter - pm if you want some picks.

Sparky.

virge666
3rd March 2009, 10:17 PM
How much you want for it Sparky ?

sparky
3rd March 2009, 11:04 PM
hmmmmmm....

might be more interested in a trade than cash ??

if you have anything you want to get rid of let me know, if not i will work out a number.

Johnny Canuck
3rd March 2009, 11:19 PM
good luck on your essay virge.

Johnny Canuck
3rd March 2009, 11:21 PM
1 other thing... if my scotty wasn't on order, i'd be all over the black.

virge666
4th March 2009, 12:42 AM
OK,

I have . . .

Bettinardi BHB4.X with a UST frequency putter shaft
Yes Tracey
Tour Edge 10.5 Tour Proto
Taylor Burner TP in 10.5

Thats about it

henno
4th March 2009, 07:44 AM
What shaft is in the Tour Edge, Virge? (Or the burner TP for that matter.) I might be interested if sparky doesn't want it as a trade.

3oneday
4th March 2009, 07:59 AM
Pics of the Burner TP please :) or a condition rating at least !

sparky
4th March 2009, 05:55 PM
Interested in the Burner - what shaft does it have?

virge666
4th March 2009, 08:38 PM
Pics of the Burner TP please :) or a condition rating at least !

8/10 no marks on the top, just put a new Harmon tour shaft in it to see if I like it more than the XCG.

Jury is out, I don't think so.

sparky
5th March 2009, 09:17 PM
Virge,

will do a straight swap for the Bettinadi. I use the BC1 now so this would be a nice spare. Any pics ?

Heres a few of the Callie:

virge666
5th March 2009, 11:44 PM
Virge,

will do a straight swap for the Bettinadi. I use the BC1 now so this would be a nice spare. Any pics ?

Heres a few of the Callie:

Done, dusted and sold.

No pics but in mint condition... no bumps or scratches. with a headcover. and new grip.

AlexMc
8th March 2009, 03:38 PM
Virge...

Might be a little late but I have a Callie-F that I'm interested in offloading...

(I bought a Scotty off you a few years ago in the days of the "other" forum...)

uahmad
8th March 2009, 07:25 PM
Im glad you didnt end up buying the Black Virge. After closer look found out it was the Black i Series and not the Black.
Bought it yesterday and had a hit with it today. WOW. what a difference this thing has made to my putting.
The ball rolls so true. Best thing in my bag at the moment.

macjackass
11th March 2009, 11:11 AM
Virge...

Might be a little late but I have a Callie-F that I'm interested in offloading...

(I bought a Scotty off you a few years ago in the days of the "other" forum...)

Alex, If you're still looking to offload shoot me a pm. :)

virge666
11th March 2009, 09:16 PM
I now have 2 Yes - Callie and Tracey and an Oddy Black #1.

probably going to sell the black on... I like the Yes putters.

rick3003
11th March 2009, 09:18 PM
I now have 2 Yes - Callie and Tracey and an Oddy Black #1.

probably going to sell the black on... I like the Yes putters.
Whats the go with the black. Does it have the white insert?

virge666
11th March 2009, 09:23 PM
Whats the go with the black. Does it have the white insert?

Nah - all milled. though slightly different milling at the impact area.

rick3003
11th March 2009, 09:46 PM
Nah - all milled. though slightly different milling at the impact area.
No worries, woud have been keen if it had the white insert.