PDA

View Full Version : SK Fiber Lite Rev II pullout

davidp
16th December 2004, 12:00 AM
I'm having my SK Fiber Lite Rev II stiff flex pulled out of my Alpha tomorrow.

It has hit less than 30 drives. Installed new by Ben.

Prep area 2". Untipped. .335 tip diameter. Doesn't come with a grip as I'm keeping that. :wink:

The Lite Rev II is a stout tip stiff shaft. You can read about it here:

http://www.skfiber.com/lite_revolution_ii.htm

How about $50 + $$ for shipping?

Jarro
16th December 2004, 06:56 AM
why are you pulling this shaft David :?: :?

i thought you liked it.

davidp
16th December 2004, 07:48 AM
I do like the shaft, but it's a little too demanding on a bad right shoulder that I've had for years. :cry:

I'm going to a softer shaft in the Striper J.

If I was going to use the Lite Rev II again, I would go with a tipped Reg.

macleod
16th December 2004, 04:19 PM
hi david, what was the finsihed length on this once installed and the insetion depth?

i remember you noted it's cpm was 'high'

davidp
16th December 2004, 10:48 PM
Macca, finished length was 45". The shaft from the end of the grip to the tip is 44.5", so probably take 1/4" off for the grip.

I had it pulled this afternoon by the guys at GCI. Very, very clean pull without any scratches on the shaft.

Insertion depth was just shy of 2". The Alpha has a 2" hosel depth. So, with the stoutness of the shaft and the blind bore depth of the Alpha, it made it play pretty stiff. Ben measured the CPM at 278 CPM. Can't remember the width of the clamp. The guys at GCI measured it at 276 CPM using a 6" clamp.

So, it was pretty much an X-stiff. I've now gone to a SK Fiber Pure Energy stiff which is drying at the moment. :D

The grip is still on the Lite Rev II. I'll throw it in for an extra $5. It's a new Lamkin Classic cord standard size .600 round.

3oneday
17th December 2004, 12:18 AM
Very, very clean pull without any scratches on the shaft.
SK Fiber Pure Energy stiff which is drying at the moment. :D
some folk are lucky :wink:, watch out for a spare NV75 they might install somewhere :lol: :lol: scratches are an accessory :shock:

Soooo, no Striper then Dave ??

Pete

davidp
17th December 2004, 08:20 AM
We tested the Striper J in the Alpha. Came out too stiff for me in the blind bore. Could have short-shafted, but since I had the Pure Energy handy, I threw that in. Came out dead-on what I need. Besides which, I get to keep the SK Fiber / Alpha mojo. :)

I'll set that aside for the next standard bore head that I get. Got one handy?? :D

senecio
17th December 2004, 10:11 AM
We tested the Striper J in the Alpha. Came out too stiff for me in the blind bore. Could have short-shafted, but since I had the Pure Energy handy, I threw that in. Came out dead-on what I need. Besides which, I get to keep the SK Fiber / Alpha mojo. :)

I'll set that aside for the next standard bore head that I get. Got one handy?? :D

Can anyone explain a blind bore, and why that would produce a higher CPM.

Just curious

Ryan

davidp
17th December 2004, 11:53 AM
senecio,

Have a look at this article:

http://www.swingweight.com/bore_types.htm

Basically, the deeper the hosel (bore-depth) the stiffer a shaft will play, so the higher the CPMs will be.

A regular flex played in a standard-bore head (eg Taylor Made) may play close to a stiff in a bore-through head such as a Titleist.

That's what I've read anyway. A clubmaker such as Ben, may want to chime in on this..

senecio
17th December 2004, 12:45 PM
senecio,

Have a look at this article:

http://www.swingweight.com/bore_types.htm

Basically, the deeper the hosel (bore-depth) the stiffer a shaft will play, so the higher the CPMs will be.

A regular flex played in a standard-bore head (eg Taylor Made) may play close to a stiff in a bore-through head such as a Titleist.

That's what I've read anyway. A clubmaker such as Ben, may want to chime in on this..

Thanks

I was aware that different insertion depths will give different CPM's but I hadn't heard the term "blind bore" before.

I have a Titliest 975D with a Graffaloy Blue regular. The club fitter had to plug the bore through to achieve the specs that I wanted/needed (256cpm, 44.5", D2).

Yes I have a confession. I use a regular flex shaft and I'm proud of it :D

Sorry for taking the thread off topic, but thanks for the information.

Ryan

davidp
10th January 2005, 02:27 PM
Shaft is still for sale...

Still has the brand new Lamkin Crossline Classic on it.

$50 (gripped) + shipping...