PDA

View Full Version : Carnarvon GC. 28th Dec *CONFIRMED*

Trung
15th December 2004, 02:39 PM
For those interested... Feel free to put yourself on the list...

I will confirm by this coming Saturday. Need to speak to Captain Chook :D

1. Trung
2. TS
3. Jono

Jono
15th December 2004, 07:31 PM
I hope this goes ahead. I played Carnarvon once and really enjoyed it. What I remember most is the green that is about 50 meters long. :shock: The pin was right at the back and I ended up 3 putting from the front edge. They were 3 good putts too. I want to have another crack at it. :twisted:

Keep us posted, Trung.

jimandr
15th December 2004, 08:13 PM
1. Trung
2. TS
3. Jono
4. Jimandr

I can play 28th, but not 27th, so I'm in. Are you planning for early tee time or later?

I haven't played Carnarvon for about 10 years. The thing I remember most is the green with an elephant buried in the middle, I think it's the 13th. One of the silliest, and most artificial pieces of golf design I've ever seen. par 5's a bit short, but the rest of the course I quite liked.

jimandr
15th December 2004, 08:21 PM
Just read the Bayview post. It suggests 27th will happen but not 28th.

Is this correct? If so, there'll be other days for Carnarvon to beat me into submission.

jimandr
15th December 2004, 08:23 PM
Just read the Bayview post. It suggests 27th will happen but not 28th.

Is this correct? If so, there'll be other days for Carnarvon to beat me into submission.

Trung
15th December 2004, 08:52 PM
Jimmy..

Bayview 27th
Carnarvon 28th

:D

Grunt
16th December 2004, 06:53 AM
Finally all the slices of swiss cheese have lined up and I can join you all for a game.

Count me in

Trung
16th December 2004, 12:36 PM
Please PM me your full name, HCP and Club name. Ta 8)

1. Trung
2. TS
3. Jono
4. Jimandr
5. Grunt

jimandr
16th December 2004, 09:21 PM
I should've known you guys were young and fit and have no trouble playing two days in a row.

Not so sure about Tony :) , he was so scared of the hill at the 11th at Bayview he hit his drive waaayyy out of bounds and walked up the path straight to the halfway house.

TS
16th December 2004, 10:08 PM
I should've known you guys were young and fit and have no trouble playing two days in a row.

Not so sure about Tony :) , he was so scared of the hill at the 11th at Bayview he hit his drive waaayyy out of bounds and walked up the path straight to the halfway house.

Jim. As a sign of respect to an old fellow, may be you should carry my clubs for me.

Jarro
17th December 2004, 06:15 AM
settle down you NSW guys ..... you're playing FAR TOO MUCH GOLF :evil:

Trung
17th December 2004, 09:57 AM

Come join us :twisted:

Jarro
17th December 2004, 08:02 PM

Come join us :twisted:

soon enough mate, soon enough :wink:

jimandr
17th December 2004, 08:48 PM
TS,

I'm probably older than you, and I'm definitely not fitter than you. I struggle to play two days in a row, and if I do play I need to warm up and stretch for half an hour to do any good (of course I realise I should do this before every game, but I don't).

The climb up the 18th at New Brighton will test me out, particularly if I have to go up the right side.

Fortunately, Carnarvon is relatively flat, so shouldn't be too nasty.

TS
17th December 2004, 09:03 PM
Jim

You should be used to climbing up hills, there are a few of them in Camden Valley. I awlays thought it is mind over matter.

Jono
18th December 2004, 03:28 AM
Jim and Tony,

http://www.golfbuggies.com.au/index.htm

:wink:

TS
18th December 2004, 07:42 AM
Jim and Tony,

http://www.golfbuggies.com.au/index.htm

:wink:

That is a good idea for us old fellows.

Trung
18th December 2004, 10:43 AM
Since there are only 5 ozgolfers.

I have booked 2 tee times.

6.43 Trung + a few more mates
6.50 Jono, Tony, Jim, Grant

A bit early but then you will all have the afternoon free :D

Onewood
18th December 2004, 11:08 AM
Since there are only 5 ozgolfers.

I have booked 2 tee times.

6.50 Jono, Tony, Jim, Grant

A bit early but then you will all have the afternoon free :D

That means you get about 1hrs sleep Trung :D

Trung
18th December 2004, 11:16 AM
I got 2 hours this morning 8) .

Just had lunch after morning golf, cricket starts at 1.30pm :oops:

Onewood
18th December 2004, 04:22 PM
I got 2 hours this morning 8) .

Just had lunch after morning golf, cricket starts at 1.30pm :oops:

You're a real sportsman mate :D golf and cricket in one day 8) even though the cricket is on the lounge :D

Jono
26th December 2004, 04:56 PM
6.50 Tony, Jim, Grant

Sorry, but I can't make it to this one. :cry: Have fun guys. Grant, sorry to leave you alone with the "oldies" ... :wink: :lol:

Grunt
26th December 2004, 07:45 PM
Hopefully will play better than I did at shellharbour, that would have been punishing for Jim.

Golfgirl
27th December 2004, 01:02 PM
Finally all the slices of swiss cheese have lined up and I can join you all for a game.

Count me in

Aligning swiss cheese.... I love it... :lol:

Trung
27th December 2004, 03:55 PM
6.50 Trung Tony, Jim, Grant 8)

jimandr
28th December 2004, 10:03 AM
A verbal apology should be backed up with a written one when appropriate.

My body clock malfunctioned this morning, so I didn't make it. Sorry about that.

I will probably wake up at 5.45am every morning for the rest of this week when I don't want to.

Hope you have a good day, and I look forward to more feelings of guilt when I read the write up.

Grunt
28th December 2004, 12:41 PM
Hi All

Well a good game was had the 3 of us, with Jim ringing the club and pulling out as we were called to the pro shop to collect our cards. Trung ended up the swinger with Tony & I both his partners.

Scores were ok in the par event with Trung showing us the way with square, myself @ -2 & Tony with -7. In the 2BBB event Trung & myself had +7 and Trung & Tony had +2.

No out of the ordinary shots were played, although Tony did hit a fairly good fairway wood shot from the wrong fairway over the trees to the heart of the 14th green.

Thanks Tony & Trung looking forward to next time.

Jono
28th December 2004, 04:29 PM
Jim,

don't feel too bad that you couldn't keep up with Trung, Mr "no sleep, 72 holes in a day" ... :wink:

I had a get together with some friends last night and knew I'd be struggling this morning. Got up at 3pm with a bad hangover ... :?

Trung
28th December 2004, 10:38 PM
Jim, bad luck mate... Don't do it again. Consider it your first and last warning or else I have to wake you up at 3am just like the rest of them.
To understand this joke, please refer to the Ozgolf champ thread :twisted:

Back to golf, had a cracker with the three of us. Great to play with Tony and Grant for the first time in the same group. I enjoyed the good, the bad, the ugly and the double OOB on the same hole very much :lol: ....

Great fun... catch up for another game soon. :D

For the record..

1st. Trung
2nd. Grant
3rd. Tony
4th. I wont mention his name again :P

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 10:38 AM
Trung, were you the only ozgolfer to play?
if not pls repost the scores with the ozgolf member names thanks, so i can update the money list

Trung
3rd January 2005, 11:39 AM
Trung, were you the only ozgolfer to play?
if not pls repost the scores with the ozgolf member names thanks, so i can update the money list

Blakey, all are ozgolfers :D

1st - Trung
2nd - Grunt
3rd - TS
4th - Jimandr (failed to turn up, -$5000) :lol:

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 11:54 AM
money list updated.