PDA

View Full Version : kwantfm's swing

kwantfm
24th February 2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm18X8eSPjs

Hi,

I'm still having a lot of trouble avoiding the dreaded "stand up" at impact. I also have trouble with a significant overswing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
T

Jarro
24th February 2009, 04:16 PM
Looks pretty good overall (to me anyway)

maybe a touch of overswing, but you're not exactly trying to 'smash the tits off it' ... so all looks ok :)

I'll await Virge's more detailed (and accurate) response with much anticipation though :mrgreen:

kwantfm
24th February 2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks Jarro. I'm also steep on the downswing. No matter what I do I can't seem to shallow out the downswing plane. It's sort of annoying after more than twenty years!

Jarro
24th February 2009, 04:21 PM
What's your 'bad shot' Terence ?

And don't say all of them ;)

kwantfm
24th February 2009, 04:30 PM
"All of them" was the instinctive response, "eBay" was my second response.

My bad shot has shifted over time. For about a decade it was the huge fan out to the right. Now I can hit a very nasty duck hook. I experience plenty of inconsistency with the bad shots.

Jono
24th February 2009, 05:47 PM
T,

Your hips move towards the ball. You've got no choice but to rise up. Keep your butt behind you. You can practise without a club with your butt against a wall.

Internet coach named "Redgoat" calls this the "tush-line".

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/5739/64756850.jpg

kwantfm
24th February 2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks Jono,

I've worked on that drill for years without getting much better at keeping the lower end of my spine stable. Is it possible that the loss of spine angle is a symptom of something else rather than the cause of my swing problems?

T

virge666
24th February 2009, 06:54 PM
I am with Jono all the way - You right hip should go around your left hip... not slide into the ball.

Arse on a chair drill would be my drill for you. That should quiet the legs down, speed the hands up and get you swinging more on plane.

kwantfm
24th February 2009, 06:59 PM
virge666,

Let me paraphrase please and you can correct me if I'm wrong. My main fault is that I slide rather than rotate my hips. The slide causes me to both stand up at impact and also get too steep on the downswing. Rotary hips will fix both issues?

T

virge666
24th February 2009, 07:04 PM
Are you saying my post was not long and descriptive enough . . . :)

In a word . . YES !

-At the top of the backswing... where are your hips in relation to your head
-At impact - where are your hips in relation to your head.

Why ?
What moved ?
Where should it go ?
What do we have to change ?

How about that ?

3oneday
24th February 2009, 07:18 PM
Play more.

kwantfm
24th February 2009, 07:28 PM
Play more.

When hell freezes over...

3oneday
24th February 2009, 07:40 PM
When hell freezes over...did your wife type that, or you ???

:lol: