PDA

View Full Version : When did the nagging start to give up golf?

razaar
24th February 2009, 02:39 PM
Following on from the romantic threads, this is more down to earth and more to the point.

sms316
24th February 2009, 02:42 PM
She has never requested that I give up golf. Why would I stop doing something I love?

Just like I have never asked her to stop cooking and cleaning.

razaar
24th February 2009, 02:47 PM
Shaun...you have just described my life - cooking, cleaning & ironing. I am the nagger, usta be the golfer.

andylo
24th February 2009, 02:49 PM
Don't have such problem Raz :) My wife play golf too... (although she still nag anyway!)

Jarro
24th February 2009, 02:51 PM
My missus loves it when i'm out of the house :)

Sydney Hacker
24th February 2009, 03:04 PM
Mine thinks golf is great compared to cricket ! She never really was a big fan of the "team meetings" on Saturday nights that always seemed to end in a drunken mess...

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.geocities.com/adamh6655321/SouthParkNaggers.jpg

Ned
24th February 2009, 03:09 PM
I took my golf clubs on our honeymoon, so the message was obvious from the start.

Missues also likes it when I take the kids to golf.

GC
24th February 2009, 03:13 PM
My partner loves it as it stop me from drinking too much of a Friday night because i know i have golf in the morning.

adlo
24th February 2009, 03:15 PM
Somehow not the support I think razaar was chasing!

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2009, 03:17 PM
No nagging to give it up, but I have been informed that I will not be golfing the second weekend in March after having three weeks straight of golfing both days.

Grunt
24th February 2009, 04:47 PM
No Nagging here. I mainly play when everyone is out and at work. before golf I was into Sailing and that took heaps of my time.

Courty
24th February 2009, 05:38 PM
My missus hates golf, but likes that I love it. She wouldn't ever dream of trying to make me stop, although she does get a bit shirty around tournament time of year when I often end up playing both days on the weekends. :mrgreen:

Eag's
24th February 2009, 05:45 PM
Mine encourages me to play even more than I do 8-)

Bruce Dickinson
24th February 2009, 06:21 PM
November 28th 1987

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2009, 06:42 PM
My missus hates golf, but likes that I love it. She wouldn't ever dream of trying to make me stop, although she does get a bit shirty around tournament time of year when I often end up playing both days on the weekends. :mrgreen:
x2

She also sees right through my "I'm just going to practice putting while you watch your shows" line too.

AndyP
24th February 2009, 06:53 PM
The missus isn't really a big fan of it. I got her used to my playing regularly pretty early, but unfortunately I get the feeling she is now getting used to my current reduced golf schedule and I'll never be able to ramp it back up again.

goughy
24th February 2009, 07:51 PM
Do I even to say anything!!!!

Dazza
24th February 2009, 07:53 PM
Mine loves golf. She has never really played any sport until now, and she can't get enough golf!
Suits me fine. :D

zigwah
24th February 2009, 09:26 PM
My partner said one night after going to the dr in the city, why don't we play golf, so now were playin golf not much playing to start with, just working into it.

markTHEblake
24th February 2009, 10:02 PM
November 28th 1987

Hahahahaha.

My missus doesnt nag me to stop, but she whinges about how much money it costs us. I just point to some of the alcoholic/gambler blokes around the place and remind her that golf costs nowhere near as much as that.

LarryLong
24th February 2009, 10:19 PM
The missus isn't really a big fan of it. I got her used to my playing regularly pretty early, but unfortunately I get the feeling she is now getting used to my current reduced golf schedule and I'll never be able to ramp it back up again.
That's my situation in a nutshell. I play half as much as most blokes on this forum would, and my wife probably thinks I play too often. With a baby on the way it's not going to get any easier.

Moe Norman
24th February 2009, 10:39 PM
my mrs didn't mind until we had kids, not such a fan anymore - especially now that I'm playing footy as well.

I just remind her of my cricket/rugby days that used to include training most nights, tours and a game every weekend and she shuts up.

markTHEblake
24th February 2009, 10:40 PM
its a good idea to work in golf clothes and keep the clubs in the car. most of the time she doesnt even know.

adlo
24th February 2009, 10:48 PM
its a good idea to work in golf clothes and keep the clubs in the car. most of the time she doesnt even know.
That works.

My mrs is generally ok with it. Doesn't like the fact it is such a long game, but accepts the fact that a 5 hour block once a week for me is less time than her dance and gym schedule for the week (in 1 hour blocks).

I could never get away with golf Sat/Sun on a regular basis. I am pretty busy with work Mon-Fri and golf Sat, so Sunday is our day to hang out.

Russell
24th February 2009, 11:17 PM
my honeymoon with julie was a golfing holiday. 6 gold coast resort courses in six days.
we repeat the holiday every year. this year were thinking of incorperating the ozgolf game at the sunshine coast at the end of year

adlo
24th February 2009, 11:39 PM
Quality post by the way.
Love it when the black head pops out from behind the camera.

No nagging to give it up, but I have been informed that I will not be golfing the second weekend in March after having three weeks straight of golfing both days.
I take it that means no Vines Autumn Cup?

Moe Norman
25th February 2009, 12:45 AM
its a good idea to work in golf clothes and keep the clubs in the car. most of the time she doesnt even know.I don't work in golf clothe, but I do have the clubs in the boot and the clothes as well.

On the waiting list for a locker at the club too :mrgreen:

Scottt
25th February 2009, 01:06 AM
I couldn't bear having to hide golf from my partner. It's one of the things that brings me most joy, and treating it clandestinely would ruin it.

Eddie C
25th February 2009, 10:45 PM
I remember that episode :lol:
I cant believe they get away with that stuff :lol:

oldmannoodles
25th February 2009, 11:44 PM
I'm taking the Boss for our first romantic weekend getaway for a while on Saturday... to Moonah Links.