PDA

View Full Version : Week beginning Mon 13th December

Ona
13th December 2004, 11:43 PM
was inspired to have a round today after going to the masters on sunday. stuffed up the 2nd and thought I might do a Barnes, but we'd joined up with a young junior and didnt want to see her cry :roll: (this young lass is only 12 yrs old, got her handicap (37) this Jan and is already down to 21 :shock:)

anyway I told my mate I was going to hit 15 greens so what does he do... the bugger hits the first 8 :evil: the mind games started after that and I got him by one shot in the end :twisted:

... best score in a while for me (2 over) and even more satisfying, 5/7 up 'n' downs :D

BrisVegas
14th December 2004, 08:17 AM
anyway I told my mate I was going to hit 15 greens ...

... best score in a while for me (2 over) and even more satisfying, 5/7 up 'n' downs :D

Nice shootin! Maybe there is something to this whole "goal setting" business?? :wink:

Ona
14th December 2004, 10:18 PM
anything to stop me thinking of my score is a good thing... well other than a naked man running around shouting "you guys seen my balls?".. that would be bad :(

Bruce
15th December 2004, 10:04 AM
Got to play the esteemed Yarra Yarra yesterday. A howling gale made things tough (CCR of 74 on the day) and at one point I had to hit a 4 iron in from 120m.

Ended up with 102 as my putting was again disastrous. To be fair I did make my fair share of 'clutch' 2m third putts.

I was absolutely rattled with the flat stick in hand yesterday. As I stood over my ball on the 15th green with a long put down a 2 foot tier with the wind behind and bunker about 3m past the hole I was just about to piss my pants with fear. "Oh-mi-god-I-am-putting-so-badly-and-my-next-shot-is-gunna-be-from-that-bunket-there....." kept running through my head.

I think I need a hug.

amanda
15th December 2004, 10:31 AM
*big hug for Bruce* :D

Have you read Dr Bob Rotella's books on putting? Excellent and super helpful.

Ona
15th December 2004, 12:02 PM
I'd hug you Bruce.. if you'd stop thrusting in my direction :x

Bruce
15th December 2004, 12:58 PM
Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!!

**cue Yello**

Does that make you the problem?

Jarro
15th December 2004, 01:17 PM
had 38 points in the single stab. comp today at Nudgee.

chipped and putted pretty well on the front 9 for a 2 over par 37 :D , but fell to pieces on the back 9.... including a 3 putt from 6 feet :shock: :evil:

loving the R510TP :wink:

AndyP
15th December 2004, 01:29 PM
Keep talking it up mate...keep convincing yourself... :roll:
It will be replaced before Easter for sure.

Looks like the putter needs replacing now though. :P

Jarro, do you think the CCR will be 2 under, or you will lose shots off your h/cap?

Jarro
15th December 2004, 01:31 PM

Nice work on the +2 though. :smt023

the only thing that'll remove the R510TP from my bag is if it gets knocked off :smt098

spending my money on lessons next year .... NO MORE CLUBS :!: :!: [-X

Jarro
15th December 2004, 01:35 PM

Looks like the putter needs replacing now though. :P

Jarro, do you think the CCR will be 2 under, or you will lose shots off your h/cap?

wasn't the putters fault AndyP,just the knobhead hanging onto it :oops: just didn't take my time on the return putt.

we were discussing the CCR for the day after the round... Paul seems to think it might get out to 72/73 as there was a fair bit of water around ... i'm not sure though .... i was just happy to hit to my handicap :smt023

..another story of what could have been though :roll: :lol:

Fishman Dan
15th December 2004, 01:41 PM

Nice work on the +2 though. :smt023

the only thing that'll remove the R510TP from my bag is if it gets knocked off :smt098

spending my money on lessons next year .... NO MORE CLUBS :!: :!: [-X

Knocked off it's high-horse when you have 2 bad rounds in a row with it? I think it takes 6 rounds to build confidence with driver, and 1 round to unpick the seams.

I'm guessing there'll be in GBB II+, 9.5* sometime..... Easter is a little conservative though ;)

Jarro
15th December 2004, 01:45 PM
I'm guessing there'll be in GBB II+, 9.5* sometime..... Easter is a little conservative though ;)

why don't you start a poll :P :wink:

cazandpaul
15th December 2004, 04:14 PM
He was playing with a couple of big dogs 8) - well fuller figured anyway (and that doesn't mean you Koala Eags). And if Jarro needs a putting lesson I need much much more :oops:

Onewood
15th December 2004, 09:59 PM

He done .6 [11.6] so back off 11 8)

I see yours has been updated already Jarro, Wonder if they do mine this time :roll:

Jarro
15th December 2004, 10:07 PM
I see yours has been updated already Jarro, Wonder if they do mine this time :roll:

they haven't updated yours yet mate, but Pauls has :?

Golfgirl
16th December 2004, 09:13 AM
Never one not to admit to my embarassing days, I played yesterday at Eastlake.....

Well, I must of played some of the worst golf I have ever seen - I had 23 points..... I three putted, I had an airswing, I chipped it across a green into a bunker, I bladed it, I hit it off the toe, I shanked it, I sliced it, I cold topped it..... :oops:

And I did it all in front of two professionals and the club's Vice Captain..... :roll:

Ok - so one of the pros was my husband - whose seen me do all this before.....

but the other one was my husband's new boss.... who watched me very intently for 8 holes, before walking up to me on the 9th tee and explaining to me what I was doing wrong and what he would recommend to fix it..... :oops: :smt115

I will pray to the golfing gods to grant me some form before New Brighton next week..... [-o<

macleod
16th December 2004, 03:09 PM
another fine day at Royal Karana Downs this morning.

the greens and fairways are in top nick now i must say, fast greens for sure!

Gross 76, Nett 61 (so gross 82, nett 67 )
Fairways 8 / 11
GIR 10 / 18

Drove through the 17th this time, i feel bad for the poor ladies i didn't see down just beyond it to the right :oops: flew it on all carry into the middle and rolled through the back, wheee! :D

got held up going through the final nine by some course grommits with their own cart.

at one point they sat down on a green in front me whilst i was 80m out...sheesh, 5 minute wait whilst they mucked around...this happened on the next 2 greens until they finally skipped ahead....

no letting through or call up...it's a shame that ones so young (probably about 11/12 years of age) haven't been taught squat about simple courtesy, be that in golf or anywher else...oh well that's the next few generations problems not mine! :lol: :twisted:

i wish i could afford a cart like they could! :roll:

McMw
16th December 2004, 05:39 PM
nice 76 macca... :)

had a kinda-boring game yesterday (just the way I like it)...
5 pars, 1 double, 1 bogey, 2 birds...
double - pulled an iron tee shot into the bunker, and left the 2nd in the bunker...
bogey - missed a 3 footer, didn't believe the break... :roll:

Onewood
16th December 2004, 07:04 PM
Nice shootin Macca 8) good to see a bit of form :D

Macca Wrote.

Drove through the 17th this time, i feel bad for the poor ladies i didn't see down just beyond it to the right

Don't feel to bad mate they should have been home doing the washing anyway :lol: :lol:

Jarro
16th December 2004, 07:24 PM
Drove through the 17th this time, i feel bad for the poor ladies i didn't see down just beyond it to the right :oops: flew it on all carry into the middle and rolled through the back, wheee! :D

that's a fair hit Macca :shock:

all those steroids in the KFC must be kicking in :wink:

Golfgirl
17th December 2004, 02:19 PM
Don't feel to bad mate they should have been home doing the washing anyway

Oi! What's with this washing crap..... :evil: :lol:

macleod
17th December 2004, 06:45 PM
Stableford comp at Wynnum off the backs today with some nice guys.

Gross 87 / Nett 72 for 34 points with one wash

15 points frontside and 19 on the back

Onewood
18th December 2004, 12:21 AM
Don't feel to bad mate they should have been home doing the washing anyway

Oi! What's with this washing crap..... :evil: :lol:

Hahaha :D Sorry girls :wink: just kidding :D

Eag's
18th December 2004, 09:34 PM
Played Hope Island today from Blue markers
Shot 90 (33 points)
Putts 37 :oops:
Greens 7
Fairways 10

Really happy with my game today, things are starting to come together :wink:

McMw
18th December 2004, 09:59 PM
given the way I've been hitting the ball in the past few weeks....today was really a dissapointment... :roll: :roll: :roll:

was hitting the ball crap...or just not doing what I was expecting the ball to do...swing did feel a little bit off, but still...

my GT analysis shows 1 bird, 5 bogs, 30putts (damn broomie), 10f/ws and 9GIRS; 74

but I've never walked off the course so dissapointed with the way I played, given the score... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

with all this whinging, I'll prob shoot 90 tomorrow, and post that I was really lucky it wasn't more.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grunt
19th December 2004, 07:22 AM
After Last week I thought I had turned the corner with my game only to see it strugle once again over the past 2 days. Shot 28 points on Friday & heaps yesterday in the stroke event.

Hopefully it will change today.

Keza_G
19th December 2004, 08:49 AM
We played at Windaroo in a 4B Ambrose, while other had a bassh at Hope Island..... I think maybe that I should have stayed at home...

We were Teza A (5) , Keza G (9), Scotty G (4) & Wayno S (4) had a handicap of 2 & 6/8 .... we played ok with 12 solid birdies... however....

Keza G did not hold up her end enough but did hit the drives on when needed. Scotty G started out the morning with a brain fart of a drive but came good in the end. Teza A and Wayno S played good consistent golf most of the day. Overall I think we did alright considering none of us could putt well.. (I personally had no idea).

We finished 14 &6/8th under ie 57 & 2/8th's... i dunno wether we'd even get a mention of a ball......

Thanks Teza for the game..... I hope ur shulders are not to sore this morning......

cheers

Keza

goughy
19th December 2004, 11:45 AM
I don't think I've ever seen 4 single figure hc'ers in a 4b ambrose group before. Makes it tough to get the low score.

Golfgirl
19th December 2004, 11:48 AM
I don't think I've ever seen 4 single figure hc'ers in a 4b ambrose group before. Makes it tough to get the low score.

Yeah, actually, I've seen this at Horton Park, and they shot 18 under off the stick.... scary huh?

Fishman Dan
19th December 2004, 12:16 PM
Had a crack at Carnarvon with Trung this morning - 6:50am start. Single and Agg stableford.

Dan - 34 (18/16)
Trung - 33 (16/17)

To sum up - didn't hit a single pure iron shot today, i can't think of one unless it was off the 60*. Scratched around (doesn't do it justice), had 2 pars on 7 and 9 to turn square, and dropped shots at 10 and 11 before coming home with 7 x 2-pointers.

Could have been a few more points if i could hit an iron today, but could have been plenty less if I didn't putt as well as i did towards the end. :roll:

The highlight? Lying short and right at the long par 3 3rd, lying on dewy sawdust. Up, over the bunker with a slight left-kick, and entered the hole at about 3 o'clock. Of course, from where i stood it never looked like missing :?

Onewood
19th December 2004, 12:56 PM
Good shootin Fish 8) you did'nt have much to beat though :lol: :lol: did trung stay awake for the whole round :wink: :D

AndyP
19th December 2004, 01:03 PM
18/12/04, Hope Island (Blue markers)

Was surprised with how well I was hitting in in the first few holes, but it didn't last.

9/14 effective T-shots.
1/18 effective regulation approaches. :smt011
29 putts. \:D/
---
4 pars.
7 bogeys.
3 double bogeys.
4 other. #-o
Score 50-48-98 stab 24pts (par 36-36-72).

Trung
19th December 2004, 05:53 PM
Sat: Par 3 down
Sun: 33 points

Had a cracker with Dan. Catch up for another game soon 8)

Grunt
19th December 2004, 07:52 PM
Played again today.
Not bad 76 nett with 2 holes that had a 10 & a 8 so apart from those holes played OK. Will bring me back next week.
Was pretty scary though with the lightning flashing around towards the end. Clubhouse was blacked out.

McMw
19th December 2004, 08:45 PM
better ball striking than yesterday...
11 fairways, 10 girs, 29 putts, 71

three putted the last to finish 1 over...very dissapointing third shot and first putt... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Onewood
19th December 2004, 08:51 PM
better ball striking than yesterday...
11 fairways, 10 girs, 29 putts, 71

three putted the last to finish 1 over...very dissapointing third shot and first putt... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

One over is better than the 90 predicted :D nice shooting, was it in comp :?: .
you nust be getting down close to 3 by now :D

McMw
19th December 2004, 09:02 PM
nah....just a normal 18holers... :oops:
I wish I was playing comp every week for the past 2 mths tho...am getting the "groove" back, so to speak... :lol:

will say this tho...I'm so glad I have the 580xd driver in the bag, coz every mishit I had today (towards the toe) went straight or near enuff...
I would have paid dearly if it was the K... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speirsy11
19th December 2004, 09:44 PM
I played my favorite course today......it's not the best course I've played since being down here, but if I had to choose a course to play at, every day, it would be Avondale. It's always in perfect shape, difficult, but still scorable if you get hot......all around fun to play......

74 with 2 doubles coming home on 16 and 18........Too hot, the legs just gave out.......

Speirsy11

Fishman Dan
19th December 2004, 09:58 PM
.....Too hot, the legs just gave out.......

It was like that today - Trung was on the money booking for 7am - by the time we had a drink and got into our cars (midday), it was a stinking hot day.

cazandpaul
20th December 2004, 05:28 AM
Caz had a good weekend with 37 & 39 points - she always plays well while I'm at work :oops: . Have to wait until Tuesday to find out CCR and see where the handicap settles.

amanda
20th December 2004, 06:31 AM
.....Too hot, the legs just gave out.......

It was like that today - Trung was on the money booking for 7am - by the time we had a drink and got into our cars (midday), it was a stinking hot day.
Too right! We had a ladies event so teed off at 11am :evil: :? I think it was about 38C before we even started. I shot a very miserable 25 points - I made either par & 3 points or a wipe :evil: By the middle of our round, the temp was 41C. By the end, I almost didn't have enough energy to put my clubs in the car.

At least it won't be too hot on Thursday - only 32C :lol: If anyone wants a cart, let me know by Tuesday and I will try and book them (I think the cost is $30-35)

Aussielongdriver
20th December 2004, 08:38 AM
Finally had my first desent round in a while ( too much long drive )
40 points on Saturday
Ordinary front side with 16 but came to life the back with 24(3 under with a 3 putt bogie)
I think the hang over and lack of sleep didn't help on the first nine but after something to eat and drink was much better.(Christmas party)
Starting to get used to the new irons after a couple of games.
74 with a total of 2 3putts (can't complain)
Looking forward to Thursday at New Brighton

Stephen