PDA

View Full Version : Adam Scott changes from Burberry to Ashworth

TheTrueReview
19th February 2009, 11:24 PM
This is a story I just picked up from the net.

"Pro golfer Adam Scott is about to switch apparel sponsors. The tall, debonair Australian, the first and only professional to be signed by Burberry, the English clothier, in 2001, will move on to Ashworth Golf, which has a larger, more diverse selection of golf apparel, according to executives familiar with the negotiations. No official announcement has been made.

The Ashworth company, which was acquired last year by TaylorMade-adidas Golf, has sponsored a number of tour pros, including Rich Beem and Fred Couples, but may be looking toward a younger golfer.

At 6'1" 170 lbs., Scott, who is 28, looks good in clothes and adds a touch of glamour to an endorsement deal."

http://www.golf.com/golf/equipment/article/0,28136,1879015,00.html

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/thenewbrad/screen-capture-3.png

PeteyD
20th February 2009, 06:42 AM
Even if he is a 'snappy' dresser! Apparently.

Interesting to see if he gets into the rest of TMA Golf as well and stops using that Titleist rubbish.

gazgolf1
20th February 2009, 06:43 AM
Love Ashworth gear.

3oneday
20th February 2009, 08:11 AM
It'd be for the dollars, they're only clothes after all !

Sydney Hacker
20th February 2009, 09:07 AM
Didn't Burberry go belly up ?

TheTrueReview
20th February 2009, 09:26 AM
Didn't Burberry go belly up ?

Not sure but I think they're dumping their golf line. Probably not a bad move because I could never find it on their website.

kpac
20th February 2009, 09:38 AM
Not sure but I think they're dumping their golf line. Probably not a bad move because I could never find it on their website.

they had a golf line? - i thought that was the thing about the sign up of Scott, they were just providing suitable clothes out of their range, i didn't realise it was golf specific clothing that was being made.

Worked pretty well for them by most accounts as the US male market caught on to Scotts get-up.

Hardly worth making headlines tho, big deal, just some slacks.

burger
20th February 2009, 12:18 PM
I recall reading that Burberry were getting out of the golf marketplace due to recession pressures. So makes sense for scott to hook up elsewhere for another bunch of endorsement $$$$$.

rebjon
25th February 2009, 05:12 PM
Given the history of Burberry I don't think the company would ever go belly up.

The problem is they charge $400 for a knitted jumper which crazy expensive, most golfers have spent all their cash buying driver after driver each month....