PDA

View Full Version : Terrace Downs GC. NZ

Jarro
13th December 2004, 03:03 PM
has anyone here ever played this course :?: Amanda .. did you and Brad play here on your NZ trip :?:

This is the place i'm going to in March next year for a 4 day comp. with 7 mates .... should be a blast, the course looks really nice from the pic's i've seen on the website 8)

.. just wondering if anyone's been there :?

http://www.terracedowns.co.nz/index.cfm/GolfClub

Jarro
13th December 2004, 03:21 PM
Do your mates know you are likely to pull the pin in late feb ? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

very funny :smt082 :smt098

Trung
13th December 2004, 03:32 PM
NZ?

change the Z to SW

you have NSW. Still waiting my friend :roll:

Can't even get your arse to NSW for a game let alone NZ. Puff Puff :lol:

Jarro
13th December 2004, 03:35 PM
i'll head down your way before i go to NZ in March Trungo ole mate :wink:

i've still gotta get over to the USA sometime next year too .... looks like a busy one :smt023

BrisVegas
13th December 2004, 03:50 PM
A mate of mine from the states bought a house/condo there. He raves about the place. He's planning on retiring there eventually. Not sure what the deal is with his place, but I think it's rented out through the resort for golfing holidays such as yours. Want me to see if I can get you a deal?

Mt Hutt ski fields are quite close too. Good fishing in the area and plenty of mtn biking and tramping to be had. Should be a fun trip.

Jarro
13th December 2004, 03:57 PM
thanks for the offer Dion, you're too kind :smt023

turns out one of the guys thats going (the guy thats organising everything) has a bro-in-law that has a mansion of some sort right near the course. He'll be away O/S on business, so he's agreed to let us use his place for 4 days ...... pretty big place too apparently 8)

BrisVegas
13th December 2004, 04:00 PM
turns out one of the guys thats going (the guy thats organising everything) has a bro-in-law that has a mansion of some sort right near the course. He'll be away O/S on business, so he's agreed to let us use his place for 4 days ...... pretty big place too apparently 8)

well, in that case, you should be inviting a few of your ozgolf mates along too!
:wink:

and.... hookung es ep with sem chip trins-tismin flights... :lol:

Eag's
14th December 2004, 12:13 AM

i've still gotta get over to the USA sometime next year too .... looks like a busy one :smt023

You lucky bugger 8) you will have a ball mate :wink:

Jarro
14th December 2004, 04:44 AM

You lucky bugger 8) you will have a ball mate :wink:

that's the plan Richard :wink:

amanda
14th December 2004, 07:47 AM
has anyone here ever played this course :?: Amanda .. did you and Brad play here on your NZ trip :?:
Yep - though we played on a day when it was 15C, raining and blowing a gale! So we didn't enjoy the course that much - but mightily enjoyed the clubhouse!

The course has spectacular views and very well maintained. I don't remember too much besides the fact I was frozen to the bone (and it was January :? )

Leave yourself plenty of time to get there - we found that there were virtually no signs directing the way and it took us 1 hr from Christchurch.

What other courses are you playing? If you are heading to Dunedin, I recommend Chisholm Links - it was the course we most enjoyed playing at it was only $15 after 2pm on a Saturday!

Golfgirl
14th December 2004, 09:31 AM
and.... hookung es ep with sem chip trins-tismin flights...

Yeah... and what he said.... :shock: :lol: :wink:

amanda
14th December 2004, 10:35 AM
and.... hookung es ep with sem chip trins-tismin flights...

Yeah... and what he said.... :shock: :lol: :wink:

Scary thing is - I read it and knew exactly what he was talking about! :lol:

Jarro
14th December 2004, 01:58 PM
thanks for the info Amanda ... i can't wait to get there 8)

What other courses are you playing?

as far as i know, we'll be staying at this course, and i think the plan is to play a 4 day comp there. Not sure if we'll be going anywhere else ... other than in the car sightseeing i suppose :?

amanda
14th December 2004, 02:09 PM
as far as i know, we'll be staying at this course, and i think the plan is to play a 4 day comp there. Not sure if we'll be going anywhere else ... other than in the car sightseeing i suppose :?

That could get expensive since it's $110 a day!

You'll find that even the cheap local council tracks are really nice - heaps of rain & sunshine, none of them look bare!

Fishman Dan
14th December 2004, 02:20 PM
thanks for the info Amanda ... i can't wait to get there 8)

What other courses are you playing?

If you are inland from Christchurch around the Methven area, check out the Rakaia River - great fishing and jetboating.

The whole area is bloody unbelieveable. If you've got the time to get to Mt Cook village (3-4 hours drive) - DO IT! You go past Lake Tekapo where there's the most awesome church (never thought i'd ever say that?!) - The Church of the Good Shepherd. It's a small room on the edge of a brilliant blue lake and snow capped mountains. Has to be seen to be believed.

** Edit: Check this out;

http://www.newzealand.com/travel/sights-activities/activities/land-activities/golf/index.cfm

Jarro
14th December 2004, 04:30 PM

That could get expensive since it's $110 a day!

umm, i forgot to mention that my mates bro-in-law is the greenkeeper, and he's lined us up to play for $0 \:D/ :smt023

Fishman Dan
14th December 2004, 05:31 PM
umm, i forgot to mention that my mates bro-in-law is the greenkeeper, and he's lined us up to play for $0 \:D/ :smt023

You neglected to tell us that - is that because you are trying to hide your shame? Are you in fact -

A KIWI?!

:smt107 :smt107 :smt107 :smt107 :smt107

Jarro
14th December 2004, 05:33 PM

You neglected to tell us that - is that because you are trying to hide your shame? Are you in fact -

A KIWI?!

:smt107 :smt107 :smt107 :smt107 :smt107

you better take that back cuz, or else i'll throw my chulli-bun at ya

Reg del SamI
3rd August 2005, 05:36 PM
HI there

jarro, did you end up playing this course?

Wonderful track. Amanda's spot on about the views from the clubhouse. It's a bit pricey but worth it I think.

The tenth is a great par 3. The views down the gorge are great.

Reg.

Jarro
3rd August 2005, 06:04 PM
no Reg.. didn't get over there after all :(

will try and get there one day as i've heard from many that it's indeed a great course 8)