PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Grace

wavemaker
13th December 2004, 01:51 PM
Good day all. I am thinking of spending a few bucks on a decent putter, and one I have read a lot of good things about is A Bobby Grace designed MOI putter which has been dubbed Amazing Grace. Any one had a go with one, heard stories good or bad. What other reccomendations. Thanks in advance.

AndyP
13th December 2004, 01:56 PM
...Amazing Grace. Any one had a go with one...
Silly question, really. I think you will find that not only have some of the HOs tried one, but they have owned it and then sold it again. Maybe even twice. :wink:

McMw
13th December 2004, 02:03 PM
amanda has one...just not sure which model...

Fishman Dan
13th December 2004, 02:07 PM
I think Amanda has the Amazing Grace. She'll speak volumes about it - weird looking but seems to do the trick for her!

Each to his own really - personally i like the White Hot putters. I guess whatever you decide on you get can cheap-ish on eBay these days. Your nearest retailer will have a few to knock about with to see what style suits you.

AndyP
13th December 2004, 02:08 PM
Which was formerly owned by macleod (point proven). So that's two people who can give you some feedback, wavey.

Scotty Cameron putters seem to be pretty popular too.

Personally, I haven't got caught up in the whole new snazzy putter craze.

Iain
13th December 2004, 02:15 PM
Wavemaker,

Bobby Grace for sale (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21582#21582) :wink:

It's still for sale. :wink: They are a good putter, put a really nice roll on the ball. The one I have is, is the centre shafted model, and it is really nicely balanced, very easy to swing back and through. If you can handle the size of it, it is an awesome putter.

My scotty just fit my eye better. 8)

Iain

McMw
13th December 2004, 02:15 PM
ping putters are going cheap on 3balls....and most of them are in near new condition...

I've gotten 3 from them in the last month...using one for myself (broomie), one got hijacked by Jean :roll: and another on the way, which I will not have a problem to flog off... :wink:

Courty
13th December 2004, 05:24 PM
Anyhow, with these Amazing Grace putters, after you hit one, do you find yourself saying "how sweet the sound" ?
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Why do you waste your time in here, 69er, you are in a class all of your own. :smt023

goughy
13th December 2004, 06:55 PM
I think putters are the one thing you need to play around with. hey seem to be one of the most personal pieces of golf equipment. I currently have 2 - a ping anser3 and a nc alpha mallet. The ping is nice on faster greens, the nc on slower (because of the heavier head).

Try as many different ones as you can.

Fishman Dan
13th December 2004, 10:44 PM
Anyhow, with these Amazing Grace putters, after you hit one, do you find yourself saying "how sweet the sound" ?
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Why do you waste your time in here, 69er, you are in a class all of your own. :smt023

Don't encourage him..... please... #-o ](*,)

Eag's
14th December 2004, 12:17 AM
You have got to be kidding :shock:
Those Boby Grace putters are bloody ugly :smt078 how anybody puts with one is beyond me :smt017

Jarro
14th December 2004, 04:54 AM
have to agree with Eag's here , they do look pretty ugly :shock:

.. can't actually believe i ever used a 2Ball.. i think they look hideous now.

AndyP, i noticed the other day at Gailes that your putts start to bounce right off the putter face... might be time to get a new one that has less loft .... you really want the ball to start rolling straight away so it'll stay on line.

just my $0.02 :wink:

Fishman Dan
14th December 2004, 07:56 AM
AndyP, i noticed the other day at Gailes that your putts start to bounce right off the putter face... might be time to get a new one that has less loft .... you really want the ball to start rolling straight away so it'll stay on line.

Don't think it could be anything to do with the puttee (putz?) hanging off the end of it? :smt102

We're up to $0.04 now ;)

amanda
14th December 2004, 08:01 AM
wavey - I love my Amazing Grace - it's the black model with the red insert (HSM - hole-seeking material) - centre shafted.

Sperisy11 had a putt with it on Sunday and mentioned that it's soft - not sure what that means! But he holed a very long putt on the practice green with it!

Be careful as the newer silver MacGregor versions have a different insert that feels almost clunky - not for me. I think the one Iain has for sale is one of the newer models.

Terence Kwan & I both prefer the HSM insert - much better feel.

I'm always keeping my eye out to buy a spare one too :wink:

macleod
14th December 2004, 08:36 AM
Which was formerly owned by macleod (point proven).

i only sold it because i needed the money :(

amanda is technically just the temporary keeper for the time being, i loved that putter...plus i managed to extract a free leather headcover out of the bobby grace guys themselves to keep his little head safe and warm

i miss u mr. putter , why does everyone keep making me remember him... :smt010 :smt089

andylo
14th December 2004, 08:52 AM
I did played with Amanda's putter and I really impressed.

It offer golfed the WYSIWYG feeling. A very very honest putter. How far/fast you swing it, how far/fast the ball with go. Just like an extention of your palm to push the ball into the hole.

I am also aftering the EXACT same model of what mandy got but I can't see any at all?

Anybody can give me a hand?

p.s. WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get....

wavemaker
14th December 2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks to all for the feedback and the amusing banter. I will try and have a hit with a few different ones. I doubt that that will happen here in Scarybugger so I will have to make my way down to brisvegas over the next month or two and have a poke around. Do any of you know where I might be able to have a hit with one. Iain thanks for the offer and if you still have it when the decision is made we will talk bussiness.

AndyP
14th December 2004, 09:09 AM

Don't think it could be anything to do with the puttee (putz?) hanging off the end of it? :smt102

We're up to $0.04 now ;)
jarro, this is the second negative thing you have picked up on with my putting. You are just lucky that I am a student of Dr. Bob, and know that the technique isn't the important thing. :mrgreen:

The loft thing has been mentioned on this forum before, and I am sure that it is me and not the putter. I know I do it and I don't care. The ball still goes towards the hole. :smt016
It's good to get a little loft from greenside or the fringe anyway. ;)

Golfgirl
14th December 2004, 09:26 AM
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Don't encourage him..... please... #-o ](*,)

But his anti-ho comments are one of the reasons I log in here..... :roll: :lol:

P.S. I'm still using the same old $30 putter that I got five years back.... but hey! whatever works.... :wink:

Fishman Dan
14th December 2004, 09:39 AM
I did played with Amanda's putter and I really impressed.

It offer golfed the WYSIWYG feeling. A very very honest putter. How far/fast you swing it, how far/fast the ball with go. Just like an extention of your palm to push the ball into the hole.

I am also aftering the EXACT same model of what mandy got but I can't see any at all?

Anybody can give me a hand?

p.s. WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get....

I seem to have misplaced my A-Lo babelfish..... anyone? :smt102

amanda
14th December 2004, 10:30 AM
Do any of you know where I might be able to have a hit with one.
The Macgregor silver versions should be available at the major golf chain shops. The black original Amazing Grace however isn't available for demo unless you know someone who has one - they are not sold here any more.