PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 16th February 2009

Dotty
18th February 2009, 10:47 PM
33 points

Good - About as exciting as a McDonald's Menu.
Bad - About as exciting as a McDonald's Menu.
Ugly - Practiced yesterday, then left 2 lob wedges in the bag and no sand wedge. D'Oh!

Grunt
19th February 2009, 04:16 PM
Played at Bathurst this morning, a good day was had. Actually could have been better but after a few weeks off it was a pretty good round. Short game was ok but the actual ironplay impressed me just need to play a bit more and get a little more consistency of how far each club goes. I was too hesitant to play a club and clubbed up a few times only to see it sail over/thru the green.
Shot on the 5th was highlight, 190m par 3 uphill. 3i Hybrid to 2 feet for a nice birdie. NTP was inside me.

88 Gross
70 Nett
37 Points (20/17) teed off 10th.
5 Pars & 1 Birdie :)
4 Doubles and 1 triple. :(
5 Fairways
2 GIR
31 Putts
3/14 Up & Downs including one chip in
0/1 Sand Saves

zigwah
19th February 2009, 04:49 PM
I shot 96 at Shepparton Golf Club 51 45, mizuno mp-t's keep saving the day

2 fairways
3 greens
34 putts
2 sand saves

dc68
19th February 2009, 05:14 PM
Shot on the 5th was highlight, 190m par 3 uphill. 3i Hybrid to 2 feet for a nice birdie. NTP was inside me.

WTF?

Well played mate.

Grunt
19th February 2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks

Yeah I was 2cm outside it, 57cm on NTP, I was just over 59. Shit happens!

Ned
19th February 2009, 06:54 PM
Mirage Resort

Single Stab

25 points

Nuf sed:smt013

mikezone13
19th February 2009, 06:59 PM
mizuno mp-t's keep saving the day

Good to hear mate!

henno
19th February 2009, 07:07 PM
Played the front 9 at Wynnum this afternoon for the hell of it. Almost cracked into the 30's. A triple-booger made sure that was not to be.

Lucky it was't in a comp, so that triple doesn't count. *phew*

zigwah
19th February 2009, 09:58 PM
Good to hear mate!

Dunno hy u got rid of em mate they spin beutifully land land like they have broken feet, if golf ballas had feet lol

mikezone13
19th February 2009, 11:42 PM
Lack of confidence in short game... using the vokeys has got the confidence back, so we're both happy.. what a win-win situation :)

Flowergirl
20th February 2009, 08:48 AM
4BBB on Wednesday. We had 41 points - the winners had 50 points!!!!

It was guest day and for the first time ever when playing with women - I was the highest handicapper - and it was so good. The other three lifted my game to their level and I played well. No doubles. 8 pars and 10 bogeys. Shot an 82 off the stick which is equal to my best.:mrgreen:

Three weeks as captain and the knives are in already. I'm the biggest bitch there is because I dared to tell a group who were nearly two holes behind to catch up. Just who do I think I am!!!!!
Then there were complaints at the end of the day that the field was too slow.
Reeny - you should NEVER have put up your hand for the job. What were you thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!:smt093 Three weeks down - 49 to go!!!!!!!!!

Flowergirl
20th February 2009, 08:49 AM
Oh crap - 49 weeks to go??? Nope - Captains job is for two years. Hhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllpppppppppppppp!!!! !!!!

sms316
20th February 2009, 08:54 AM
Three weeks as captain and the knives are in already. I'm the biggest bitch there is because I dared to tell a group who were nearly two holes behind to catch up. Just who do I think I am!!!!!
Then there were complaints at the end of the day that the field was too slow.
Reeny - you should NEVER have put up your hand for the job. What were you thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!:smt093 Three weeks down - 49 to go!!!!!!!!!
Some free advise from an ex-golf admin: Don't try to please everyone. You will put yourself in an early grave.

You were voted in to do a job, and to do it in whatever manner you see fit.

Flowergirl
20th February 2009, 08:59 AM
Some free advise from an ex-golf admin: Don't try to please everyone. You will put yourself in an early grave.

You were voted in to do a job, and to do it in whatever manner you see fit.

I just so have to grow a thicker skin and not be so defensive. Our previous Captain was so good at that. She may have got things wrong now and then but she never let them get to her.
Thanks for the advice.;)

jimandr
20th February 2009, 06:11 PM
I've had a few social games this week so far. No comps, so no 'offical scores'.

Royal Adelaide, with Marcel. 34 points. Hit some good shots, but this course penalises the bad ones severely. I need to say one other thing about this round. We started at about 3.00pm. There was nobody else on the course except us. An internet golf fantasy come true.

Links Lady Bay, no witnesses. 38 points. Hit some really good irons.

Albury Commercial, with Oz. 37 points. I was 2 over after 11, and faded badly.

Lots of fun, though.

zigwah
20th February 2009, 06:39 PM
9 holes at Shepparton golf club 47 20 putts

3 greens
0 fairways
1 sand save
3 3 putts

Not a bad round, could have been a lot better. Not far away from a blinder, then i'll think sbout getting a handicap again.

zigwah
20th February 2009, 07:08 PM
Lack of confidence in short game... using the vokeys has got the confidence back, so we're both happy.. what a win-win situation :)

Glad you are happy with your new wedges, when i last played guys were just starting to get gap and lob wedges in their bags so this basiclly my first set of wedges and i think i may be in love with them :smt060, every round i've had with them i have at least a few shots were i'm like f*** me these things are awsome especially the 60 out of the sand, massive amounts of bite, will be awsome when i can get em right on target.

BrisVegas
21st February 2009, 02:56 PM
'Summer Plate' today off the black markers. Was pretty sloppy out there. Walked with the carry bag again and it didn't hurt as much as last week!

35 points (14 & 21). Was coming 2nd when i left the clubhouse. I regripped the putter and proceeded to putt like a spaz today. Should have been 4-5 better... ahh well, i cant complain i spose, that's two weeks in a row of reasonable golf.

EDIT: Got beaten for second in a countback!

Stats:

12/14 FIR
8 GIR
33 putts incl. 1 x 3-jag and a couple 3-jags from the fringe... FFS

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2009, 05:17 PM
30 points, after 18 on the front wiping a par 5. finsihed strong with a bird on 18, which helps the eclectic.
The good, taking $29 off Aldo, Rebjohn and my other mate.
The bad, missing a short bird on 6 for the skins, only to birdie the par 5 8th with an ugly drive, ugly 2nd, a bad chip and then draining the putt for 6 skins.

The strange. Double green 5&7, my putt on the fifth was left of the 7th pin, 43 metres away. My putt on the 7th was left of the 5th, 40+ metres away. Managed to get two 2putts out of it.

Aldo had the most points with 34, but not the most skins.

idgolfguy
21st February 2009, 06:03 PM
31 points - 2 x triples, 5 doubles, 2 bogies, 8 pars, 1 birdie. Shame, the majority of my pars and the birdie were from holes I didn't get strokes on.

Could not get off the tee! Oh well up another 0.1.

idgolfguy
21st February 2009, 06:04 PM
30 points, after 18 on the front wiping a par 5. finsihed strong with a bird on 18, which helps the eclectic.
The bad, missing a short bird on 6 for the skins, only to birdie the par 5 8th with an ugly drive, ugly 2nd, a bad chip and then draining the putt for 6 skins.

The strange. Double green 5&7, my putt on the fifth was left of the 7th pin, 43 metres away. My putt on the 7th was left of the 5th, 40+ metres away. Managed to get two 2putts out of it.

Not a bad day's outing - $29.

Ned
21st February 2009, 06:05 PM
Single Stroke

83/71

7/14 FIR
2/18 GIR
30 putts

Beat Haysey in Match Play 5/4

Still got the hooks:smt093

adlo
21st February 2009, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I raped you for the past few weeks, so I suppose it is fair.

I was happy with ball striking today. Very happy with the driver today.

34 points (17/17)
9 Fairways (just off on 4 of the other 5)
8 GIR
37 putts :evil:

Didn't putt poorly, made everything close, just could not buy a putt outside 6 feet and wasn't putting the chips close enough.

31 points - 2 x triples, 5 doubles, 2 bogies, 8 pars, 1 birdie. Shame, the majority of my pars and the birdie were from holes I didn't get strokes on.

Could not get off the tee! Oh well up another 0.1.

Where did play? Or did you pretend to "own the place" at the Vines and hit with the pros??

idgolfguy
21st February 2009, 06:37 PM
Where did play? Or did you pretend to "own the place" at the Vines and hit with the pros??

Chequers. It can be said that they no longer have any greens on most of the holes. Next few weeks will see Saltene going in.

Certainly looks like it's anyone's at the JW. I think Rebjon's going in tomorrow. I have to study for an exam on Monday morning. I may go in for a short time only.

Will see if i can play in the evening. I know there will be a few members heading out there. Will see if we get kicked off.

adlo
21st February 2009, 07:15 PM
Chequers. It can be said that they no longer have any greens on most of the holes. Next few weeks will see Saltene going in.

Certainly looks like it's anyone's at the JW. I think Rebjon's going in tomorrow. I have to study for an exam on Monday morning. I may go in for a short time only.

Will see if i can play in the evening. I know there will be a few members heading out there. Will see if we get kicked off.
Chequers needs a serious injection of $$ but it is unlikely to happen.

Don't think I will head to JW, but you never know.

TheNuclearOne
22nd February 2009, 12:10 AM
Golfer of the Year single stableford on the local track. Big turnout.

Started on 10 (the harder 9) Even par for 5 holes with one bird, one boge and two lipped out putts. The bird was on index 7, driver 8 iron to 2 feet. Small errors, bad luck then one stupid error contributed then to 3 boges then a double. 5 over 41 gross, 21 stableford points.

Big wait then onto the front. Three pars straight up on index 4, 12 and 5 to start. Boge, boge and par to be 2 over for 6. Boge, par then a WOEFUL double (no points) on the last to still have 20 points and 5 over.

41 stabe points, 10 over for the day with a blip on the last. Was leading when i left with only about 12 players to come in and the vast majority of the big field done. Dropped 1.5 strokes on the handicap. Concentrating on a right forearm
takeaway and steady head has significantly reduced my achilles heel of dipping and swaying and really helped by bad misses. The Squareback was again nice, 26 putts.

Dotty
22nd February 2009, 12:36 AM
37 points

Good - Pretty wet and still had 10 pars.
Bad - One double, taking four to get down from 100m.
Ugly - Another double with a river running through the hole.

oz
22nd February 2009, 09:07 AM
Monthly medal at Albury Commercial yesterday. Pins were a bit nasty, and the greens still a bit slow. Started poorly with consecutive bogies, on my first 2 holes (11th & 12th), and a brain fart double on my 8th (the 18th) but then started to settle into a rhythm.

Finished with a 75, nett 69 (par 70).

Courty
22nd February 2009, 09:35 AM
Our February Monthly Medal was postponed from 3 weeks ago due to the course being waterlogged, so it was played yesterday (replaced an American Foursomes in the Fixture Book).

The first (back) nine was ho-hum, but I got it going on the back with consecutive birdies on 2 & 3.
The birdie on 3 was just ridiculous. The tee shot should have been OB, but got a lucky bounce and finished up in the hazard. I somehow hacked it out to about 10 ft and made the putt.

76 gross
68 nett

7 fairways
11 greens
32 putts

2 birdies
11 pars
4 bogies
1 double

Moe Norman
22nd February 2009, 09:41 AM
No idea on stats, but I played solid. shame about the quadruple on the second and the triple on the 4th. Still managed to have Net 74!

haysey
22nd February 2009, 09:45 AM
The birdie on 3 was just ridiculous. The tee shot should have been OB, but got a lucky bounce and finished up in the hazard.

:shock:

How the **** do you make birdie from in there:-s

Well played by the way8)

Johnny Canuck
22nd February 2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I raped you for the past few weeks, so I suppose it is fair.

I was happy with ball striking today. Very happy with the driver today.

34 points (17/17)
9 Fairways (just off on 4 of the other 5)
8 GIR
37 putts :evil:

Didn't putt poorly, made everything close, just could not buy a putt outside 6 feet and wasn't putting the chips close enough.

Raped? I didn't owe any money last week. In fact, I think I am actaully owed a few dollars. The week before is a different story.

mikezone13
22nd February 2009, 12:34 PM
Played saturday at The Australian as a guest of a member, they play a 4BBB that has no golf link record for the visitor.

Played pretty solid and considering I hadn't played there for at least 18 months I was pretty stoked with my 36pts, 81 off the stick.

5/14 fairways
7/18 GIR's
32 putts

Can't remember how many bunkers I was in but it had to be at least 10, out whole group probably found at least 1 bunker per hole.

Course was in superb condition with probably the nicest fairways I have seen in a long time, the greens while not as quick as normal (about 9-10 on the stimp I'd say) were so true it was impossible not to putt well.

Eag's
22nd February 2009, 01:28 PM
Played Single Stab Nudgee today.
33pts 3 Wipes
Drove the ball great today for a change, but my iron play was very poor missed a lot of greens from simple positions :smt087
9 Fairways
5 Greens
30 Putts
1 Birdie
6 pars
7 bogeys
1 double
3 others :smt078

adlo
22nd February 2009, 03:41 PM
Raped? I didn't owe any money last week. In fact, I think I am actaully owed a few dollars. The week before is a different story.
My bad, we cleaned up your mate. I forget the names of my victims.

mike
22nd February 2009, 11:32 PM
Monthly medal yesterday.
81/69 with 3 birdies, a double and a triple.
Was leading until the last group came in with a couple of 68's. Beat my handicap so that's all that matters I guess.
Have now played under my handicap 8 out of my last 14 games. A record for me.

Courty
24th February 2009, 05:57 PM
Our February Monthly Medal was postponed from 3 weeks ago due to the course being waterlogged, so it was played yesterday (replaced an American Foursomes in the Fixture Book).

The first (back) nine was ho-hum, but I got it going on the back with consecutive birdies on 2 & 3.
The birdie on 3 was just ridiculous. The tee shot should have been OB, but got a lucky bounce and finished up in the hazard. I somehow hacked it out to about 10 ft and made the putt.

76 gross
68 nett

7 fairways
11 greens
32 putts

2 birdies
11 pars
4 bogies
1 double

The results are finally up on the clubs website... I placed 5th in A Grade. :(
That means I won SFA but still lost 0.8 :smt013