PDA

View Full Version : Home insurance

mike
17th February 2009, 12:07 AM
Who are you guys with? Mine's up for renewal and good old Allianz have told me they can no longer insure me as I'm in a high risk area. Mareeba isn't a flood / bushfire / freak storm area and cyclones rarely, if ever , affect us. I don't know what the high risk is. Cockatoos maybe ?

Anyway I'm ringing around getting quotes .

I ring Comminsure and get Jayant Punjab from Mumbai. I can't understand him and he can't understand me. They're out.

I ring NRMA and get some guy who sounds like he's chewing on an apple. Still a maybe, despite the apple.

I ring RACQ and get that stupid voice recognition thing. My pet hate. They're no chance.

I ring Allianz to see if they've made a mistake. They haven't.

I ring AAMI. The policy was just over half what I've been paying Allianz and the girl sounded cute. AAMI are in the lead.

Who have I missed ?

markTHEblake
17th February 2009, 12:13 AM
Who have I missed ?

the 10 previous home insurance threads.

i use www.realinsurance.com.au you get a bigger discount if you apply online, can pay monthly for no extra cost, and somethinng about a 30% refund after 3 years. they might be one of these low risk insurer mobs though.

mike
17th February 2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks. I did a search of previous threads and found some good info.

Grunt
17th February 2009, 08:05 AM
Mike, I am not sure if I posted any info about it previously but I just renewed mine this month. I am with Lumley General. I used Union Shopper to find out if I could get a better deal. They said Lumley is the best for my area and they could not beat it.

Ned
17th February 2009, 08:11 AM
ANZ Home Insurance (Or CGU)

1800 062 660

Courty
17th February 2009, 06:08 PM
Who are you guys with? Mine's up for renewal and good old Allianz have told me they can no longer insure me as I'm in a high risk area. Mareeba isn't a flood / bushfire / freak storm area and cyclones rarely, if ever , affect us. I don't know what the high risk is. Cockatoos maybe?

Brown snakes?

PeteyD
17th February 2009, 06:26 PM
Nah, Bogans.

haysey
17th February 2009, 06:56 PM
Can you insure against Boredom. Common problem for me when I'm in Mareeba

Ned
17th February 2009, 10:15 PM
Can you insure against Boredom. Common problem for me when I'm in Mareeba

Yep, my four kids caddying!!!!!!!:twisted: