PDA

View Full Version : Mike V Ned Kelly

mike
15th February 2009, 06:41 AM
Taking Ned on in match play at Mareeba. Anyone care to join us ? We hit off in about 20 minutes.

Ned
15th February 2009, 06:58 AM
On my way!

Julie
15th February 2009, 09:40 AM
May the Golf God's be with you Mike. Your going to need them.:)

I've got to play the burgler next, and I know I am going to be flogged.:lol::lol:

haysey
15th February 2009, 10:24 AM
Score update. Ned is 1 up after 11 holes

Ned
15th February 2009, 11:39 AM
May the Golf God's be with you Mike. Your going to need them.:)

I've got to play the burgler next, and I know I am going to be flogged.:lol::lol:

Pessimist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

mike
15th February 2009, 03:16 PM
Ned wins 2 up.

Ned
15th February 2009, 04:24 PM
Ned wins 2 up.

Talk about mundane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was 4 down with 5 to play and got it back to a chance to square, not bad for some one who reckoned to me he was going to get a flogging!!!!:roll:

One down going down the 18th.

Jarro
15th February 2009, 05:42 PM
Nice win Ned, glad you beat the little fella

Ned
15th February 2009, 05:45 PM
Nice win Ned, glad you beat the little fella

Thanks bloke.

He was up and down all day, wasn't particularly happy with his rescue hybrid, mentioned something about sending it back.

Jarro
15th February 2009, 05:46 PM
He can send it back no worries ....

... he won't be getting any money back though :mrgreen:

Ned
15th February 2009, 05:51 PM
He can send it back no worries ....

... he won't be getting any money back though :mrgreen:

ooooohhhhh your the culprit, he plays army golf with it apparently, goes left and right all the time, although he did hit it straight down the middle on the 18th today.

Jarro
15th February 2009, 05:52 PM
Tell the squirt to go have some lessons :p

mike
19th February 2009, 12:27 AM
snip

mike
19th February 2009, 12:30 AM
snip

Scottt
19th February 2009, 05:49 AM
Did you shake hands and walk off 18 with him as the winner?

Next time know the rules!

AndyP
19th February 2009, 06:54 AM
It seems obvious that the lost ball rule applies there.

Ned
19th February 2009, 08:13 AM
Ned .

Decisions on the Rules of Golf 2008-2009

Q. An area of casual water preceded by high rough is in a hollow not visible from the tee. A ball driven into this area is not found. The ball may be in the casual water or it may be in the high rough. May the player treat the ball as being in the casual water?

A. No. In such circumstances, it is neither known nor virtually certain that the ball is in casual water. The player may not proceed under Rule 25-1c. (Revised)

You pulled a shonky rule on me at a critical time.

Does this mean I win ?

Q. An area of casual water preceded by high rough is in a hollow not visible from the tee.

You need to re read this carefully, it is saying the example used is that there was an area of casual water preceded by high rough in a hollow that wasn't visible form the tee.

The hole in question is the 9th at Mareeba, it is a flat straight 390 metre something par 4

There is:

No High Rough
The Casual water was not in a Hollow
The area was clearly visible from the tee and where the area of the ball landed.
Make sure you publish everything that took place during the match.

(Including the discussion and checking of the rule when in the Club House directly after the hole in question, the 9th. Including the your own opportunity to check the rules of golf in the same book I was reading from at the time that was in the Club House, I believed you declined to confirm when I went to hand the book to you and you said not to worry. And also at the time of the hole being played I offered to go back to the tee to hit a provisional until I could show you in the rule book and you said NO)

In again checking the book we used in the Club House (which wasn't the R & A Decisions on the Rules of Golf, But the small Rules of Golf and Rules of Amateur Status (http://www.randa.org/flash/rules/PDF/WEB_ROG_spreads.pdf)) it does not give the point you have made above.

Are you saying I intentionally pulled a shonky ?

And seeing as you are an expert on all matters after the fact you tell me what the rules are of what you are accusing me off, deliberately misleading you ?

Ned
19th February 2009, 08:17 AM
Oh and BTW, I am serious as well.

markTHEblake
19th February 2009, 08:37 AM
You pulled a shonky rule on me at a critical time.

Legitimate matchplay tactic.

and if one can get away with it before teeing off on the next hole, or leaving the last green at the end of the round, its too late to dispute it.

zigwah
19th February 2009, 09:08 AM
if this was the case wouldn't ned still win 1up, although i get bored here all day and don't mind a bit of too and fro, geez oz golfers are a serious bunch huh.

Ned
19th February 2009, 09:11 AM
Legitimate matchplay tactic.

and if one can get away with it before teeing off on the next hole, or leaving the last green at the end of the round, its too late to dispute it.

Regardless of whether it perceived to be a legitimate tactic, there was no such tactic, I refer back to the actually full story of what happened, not the limited edition version as stated by the author.:-k

mike
19th February 2009, 10:04 AM
snippo

Dazza
19th February 2009, 10:09 AM
geez oz golfers are a serious bunch huh.
All I want to know is which sheepstation they're playing for! :smt036

AndyP
19th February 2009, 10:12 AM
And don't get me started on what happened on #12.Leather Wedge?

haysey
19th February 2009, 10:18 AM
Jeez, I'm looking forward to a round with you blokes this weekend.

:twisted:

haysey
19th February 2009, 10:25 AM
No high rough ? What do you call grass 6 inches long ?

:shock:

Note to self: Get more golf balls:-s

Ned
19th February 2009, 10:47 AM
It doesn't matter what I type here. Mike has achieved his goal.

Kama is a wonderful thing isn't it.

As a suggestion, whoever plays Mike or myself in the future to make sure of the following:

I wont make any rulings or decisions in good faith, that way I cannot be accused of a deliberate shonky as Mike has publicly said I have.

Mike can have all of his 50 million questions on every shot clarified by an independent umpire who knows all 30000 rules and definition of golf and interprets them the way Mike likes them to be interpreted.
Make sure you have a binding legal document drawn up that covers for every possibility so it can be signed saying he has accepted the outcome, then it needs to have a cooling off period for him to reconsider any outcome and seek another opinion or interpretation. Then get it verified by another independent rules official and registered with the R & A.
Thank you for questioning my integrity, the gentlemanly thing to do would have been to ring me first before posting.

Ned
19th February 2009, 10:50 AM
Jeez, I'm looking forward to a round with you blokes this weekend.

:twisted:

Haysey, its the Club Monthly Medal, shot gun start at 12.30 pm. I have asked if its alright for us to tee off at 7.00 and still play in the comp, awaiting the ruling of the Captain.

If we cant play comp, did you still want to play ? (Same question for Russell)

mike
19th February 2009, 10:54 AM
I should have used a smilie in post #13.

Russell
19th February 2009, 11:09 AM
ill play , that way if i beat mike wont loose hcap

AndyP
19th February 2009, 11:33 AM
snip

snip
That's some Ducky like editing.

=;

I only thought Ned's posts seemed serious. He should be driven off the forum like all cheats are.

Wait for it.

;)

haysey
19th February 2009, 11:33 AM
Haysey, its the Club Monthly Medal, shot gun start at 12.30 pm. I have asked if its alright for us to tee off at 7.00 and still play in the comp, awaiting the ruling of the Captain.

If we cant play comp, did you still want to play ? (Same question for Russell)

Yep, still in:wink:

markTHEblake
19th February 2009, 11:41 AM
I should have used a smilie in post #13.

I just attributed it to short man syndrome, I didnt read any malice into it.