PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Cars

oscar
13th February 2009, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know of a couple of reasonably priced Wedding Cars?

Not too fussed on make or model, would even consider a nice stretch. Everything I've looked at is upwards of $800.00 for two hours.

Gold Coast Wedding, August this year.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Rowan

PeteyD
14th February 2009, 11:03 AM
Rowan,

We just used a friend who had a recent fairmont. Very cheap.

If you are looking for something unusual, try ringing car clubs etc, as you may find members that are more than happy to do it for much littler $$

Pete

schwartzy
14th February 2009, 11:43 AM
We hired white Ford LTDs from the Budget and friends drove. I did not even see the cars on the day. Save your money unless you want some photos with the cars.

BrisVegas
14th February 2009, 03:22 PM
i hired a stretch Merc for ours. In the end, it just easier to let the one car pick up the bride + 3 maids. After the ceremony we got the limo to ourselves for the ride to photos and then onto the reception. Having a fridge stocked with champagne and strawberries etc was a nice touch. The limo came back after the reception and drove us to the hotel too, which was a nice touch. I'm sure it was somewhere around the 7-800 mark, but it was one less hassle in the end.

Moe Norman
14th February 2009, 07:50 PM
we just used the in-laws cars and my best mans dad's car - cost nothing, except the gift of thanks for the best mans dad!

goughy
14th February 2009, 09:01 PM
A greyish/blue early 90's magna (for the bride) and my mates red cortina (not an even remotely restored car). Needless to say the cars are not in the shots.

perci
14th February 2009, 09:09 PM
Never bothered getting hitched so spending money saved on changing clubs weekley!

adlo
14th February 2009, 09:15 PM
We had my best man's dad drive us to the ceremony in his Jaguar, which worked a treat.

Hired a limo to pick up bride/bridesmaids and then take the whole wedding party to photos etc. Was good to fit everyone in the same car and we all had a good time. Still didn't bother much with the car in the photos. Rental was around $500 7 years ago. Was well worth it though.

Tones
14th February 2009, 09:37 PM
When I got married a few years ago, we hired 2 Audi a4s from Europecar for around $500 for the weekend. Each only had about 500km on the clock, you just have to supply your own drivers.

Tones

LarryLong
14th February 2009, 09:41 PM
Was recently a groomsman for a wedding in a stretch limo. It's a nice touch to have the whole bridal party in the one car while you're driving around taking endless bloody photos.

Personally though, I don't reckon it's worth the cash if it's costing over $500. My advice to anybody who is getting married is that the costly minor details aren't worth it and you're better off saving the money and spending it on your honeymoon.