PDA

View Full Version : Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

just
13th February 2009, 09:27 PM
Recently finished my bottle of Pussers Rum and bought some Appleton Estate, lovely stuff, and commenced working my way through that. Then when I was in the grog shop the other day I spied Bundaberg Red, so I thought why not and bought a bottle. Very smooth, slightly sweet, perhaps too sweet for me, but nonetheless lovely stuff. Anyone else tried Bundy Red? Any other rums of distinction you'd like to share with the rest of us!

Eag's
13th February 2009, 09:39 PM
Recently finished my bottle of Pussers Rum and bought some Appleton Estate, lovely stuff, and commenced working my way through that. Then when I was in the grog shop the other day I spied Bundaberg Red, so I thought why not and bought a bottle. Very smooth, slightly sweet, perhaps too sweet for me, but nonetheless lovely stuff. Anyone else tried Bundy Red? Any other rums of distinction you'd like to share with the rest of us!
Just, love the Bundy red mate beautiful stuff :smt030 :smt023if it has Bundy printed on it I have tried it and they are all tops 8-) No I don't get punchy with this one which is a nice change :lol:

Dazza
13th February 2009, 09:45 PM
Bundy Red is good gear, as is Distillers No. 3. Both very smooth.
What does everyone mix it with?

PeteyD
14th February 2009, 10:13 AM
Once upon a time I worked with a girl whose boyfriend was a wharfie. For my birthday I got a bottle of Tall Ships Run (or something similar) from the Guyana I think. It was great stuff.

the internet is great -
http://www.rum.cz/galery/eur/uk/greenalls/img/uk6.jpg

AndyP
14th February 2009, 10:15 AM
What does everyone mix it with?
Most drinkers of rum mix it with violence.

PeteyD
14th February 2009, 10:16 AM
Nah only Eags.

Dazza
14th February 2009, 10:26 AM

I've noticed that a lot too, but I've never had an issue.
I don't get violent, I get funny. :D

AndyP
14th February 2009, 10:38 AM
And if people don't laugh at your jokes, you punch them.

Dazza
14th February 2009, 10:39 AM
And if people don't laugh at your jokes, you punch them.

Nope. I then laugh at myself! ;)

henno
14th February 2009, 10:47 AM
Stroh Rum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroh), you lightweights.

just
14th February 2009, 11:06 AM
Don't make me come over there and punch you!

CobraSS
14th February 2009, 03:41 PM
Like the new Bundy Red myself, Distillers Number 3 is quite good and always partial to a Rum Royal liqueur.

BrisVegas
14th February 2009, 04:44 PM
plain ol' Bundy rum for me, or Bacardi if we're toffing it up with friends. :wink:

perci
14th February 2009, 07:04 PM
Good o'l Bundy 2x1L for $70 at 1ST Choice at the moment!

Mmm Bundy!!!

Moe Norman
14th February 2009, 07:39 PM
I drank a bit of rum as a teenager, and I'm one the ones that gets aggro on the stuff. Luckily I can't stand the taste of it, so it's no longer an issue.

goughy
14th February 2009, 09:05 PM
Only rum I ever drank was bacardi, originally with coke, but eventually straight up without ice, often like a stubbie. Needless to say, the smell of the stuff these days makes me feel sick!

Johnny Canuck
14th February 2009, 09:14 PM
The Appleton is a very nice rum. It occupies a place in my flask for those cold winter rounds.

I was very skeptical on the Bundy when i first got to this country. NOw, I absolutely love it. A distinct, great taste. haven't tried the red yet.