PDA

View Full Version : Best concert this year??

davidp
11th December 2004, 08:14 PM
The crowd were nervously anticipating the arrival of their heroes on stage...

They were primed with video footage shown on the two large screens. The customary balloons had made their appearance and all that was left was for the band to make their appearance.

The house lights dimmed and coloured spotlights danced across the stage. Red, purple, yellow & blue lights intermingled and intensified in colour as the excited squeals of the audience reached fever pitch.

Then the music started and the stars drove onto stage...

"Toot, toot, chugga, chugga Big Red Car.
We've travelled near and we've travelled far.." :lol:

Okay, well it's the only concert I've been too this year, but I've gotta say it was really enjoyable. My little girl had an absolute ball dancing with her Dorothy the Dinosaur shirt and tail. She forgot she wasn't feeling 100% and just had flat out fun along with 2,000 other kids. I just love seeing kids being kids."

I'm sure goughy, clickchic and keza_g had similar experiences, even though clickchic couldn't be dancing around in her delicate state.

After all that, what was your most enjoyable concert experience this year?

Deano
11th December 2004, 08:55 PM
Hmmmmm....Missy Elliot was the WORST of the year for me :evil:
No band,just backing tape/CD,bugger all singing too.

Best :?: .....were the Stones this year or last? :oops:

Pink was OK....John Mayer OK....Maroon 5....OK

Deano

AndyP
11th December 2004, 09:34 PM
No concerts for me this year.

Saw Prince last year. He was awesome.

markTHEblake
12th December 2004, 12:21 AM
Rockfish does it for me, I mean the kids

Jarro
12th December 2004, 04:47 AM
no concerts for me either this year :(

I'm just hoping Black Sabbath reform and head our way next year :wink:

Golfgirl
12th December 2004, 12:26 PM
Stones was last year Deano... but a great concert anyway....

The Eagles were totally amazing - I had a good time and would see them again (oh yeah - I can't afford to see them again, oh well...) :lol:

clikchic
12th December 2004, 01:27 PM
Okay, well it's the only concert I've been too this year, but I've gotta say it was really enjoyable. My little girl had an absolute ball dancing with her Dorothy the Dinosaur shirt and tail. She forgot she wasn't feeling 100% and just had flat out fun along with 2,000 other kids. I just love seeing kids being kids."

I'm sure goughy, clickchic and keza_g had similar experiences, even though clickchic couldn't be dancing around in her delicate state.

After all that, what was your most enjoyable concert experience this year?

He he, well for me wiggles has been the last two concerts I have been to in the past two years... I have been to a total of three in the last two years and the other one was hi 5! LOL

Jaz was less overwhelmed and enjoyed it more this year but I have to say last years concert was way better! They had a live band last year which goughy loved. Goughy didn't come to the concert as he had a gig in invarel which he has yet to return from... :evil: so I had to take my MIL instead! She had a ball tho and so did Jaz! Unfortunately we had crappy seats!

Believe it or not I did make a slight effort at dancing at the end when they asked everyone to stand up..lots of pretend jumping etc! LOL

Pre Jasmine, my last concert was Ricky Martin! I am a HUGE Ricky Martin fan...yeah yeah I know... not very 'cool' but I love him to bits and I don't care! LOL I was bought a ticket for the stones but Jaz wasn't well so I didn't feel right about leaving her with my inlaws..(plus wasn't ready to have her babysat! LOL)

Keza_G
12th December 2004, 01:48 PM
The crowd were nervously anticipating the arrival of their heroes on stage...

They were primed with video footage shown on the two large screens. The customary balloons had made their appearance and all that was left was for the band to make their appearance.

The house lights dimmed and coloured spotlights danced across the stage. Red, purple, yellow & blue lights intermingled and intensified in colour as the excited squeals of the audience reached fever pitch.

Then the music started and the stars drove onto stage...

"Toot, toot, chugga, chugga Big Red Car.
We've travelled near and we've travelled far.." :lol:

We also went to this on Friday 10th.... Man what a blast the kids had.... I think I am in love with Captain Feathersword !!!!! :smt007 :smt007

A little disappointingthat anthony (Blue wiggle) wasn't there but the replacement (Brett) was still good though. Really enjoyed it but thank god I don't have to do that again.... Jeez they make a packet out of merchandising though..

Cheers

Keza