PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine coast courses

mike
11th December 2004, 06:09 PM
I'm spending a week around Christmas at Peregian Beach. What courses are close by ?

We've got a pretty full schedule so I probably won't even play down there, but just in case I accidently put my clubs in the car and actually find time to play, what is the best course to play close to PB ?

I did a quick google search and the only course I could find is Peregian Something ( ? ) which is an expensive looking private course I've got no chance of getting near unless I win Lotto tonight.

Ta.

AndyP
11th December 2004, 06:18 PM
Peregian Springs it might have been. Very new. In fact I didn't even know it was open. I bet it is expensive, I didn't know the public were going to be able to play it.

Noosa Springs is the next closest. Nice course, in the top 100 in Aust, but also expensive.
Put Hyatt Coolum in that category too.

Twin Waters is a good resort course that is close by. You might be able to get a cheaper round there if you play before 7am or something like that. I'd ring them and ask.

Mount Coolum and Tewantin Noosa are the two closest public courses to Peregian. They are both worth a try.

It really depends on how close you want to Peregian, and what you want to spend, as there are plenty of courses on the Coast.

I'll be on the Coast from the 24th to 28th, staying at my outlaws, so if you are interested we could organise a game. (I'll most likely be playing at Nambour on the 24th, if that suits)

mike
11th December 2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks Andy. Cost doesn't bother me, I'm not carting my clubs 2000 km to play on the same rubbish I play on up here .
How far is Nambour from PB ?

AndyP
11th December 2004, 06:58 PM
How far is Nambour from PB ?
Just under the half hour mark, I reckon.

Deano
11th December 2004, 07:02 PM
Peregian Springs is virtually impossible to get on."Members only'.
I have played it though(friends in low places :wink: ).Will be a
bloody nice track once it grows in.Give it another year.

Take your clubs though and play Twin Waters,Coolum or even Caloundra
isn't too shabby.Coolum is sweet 8)

Have a good holiday.

Deano

Golfgirl
12th December 2004, 12:23 PM
Mike,

If cost doesn't bother you, then the best course that is closest to Peregian Beach is defintely Hyatt Coolum.... amazing track, you should try and have a game there.

Along the resort course lines, I rate Noosa Springs and Pelican Waters above Twin Waters... although Pelican Waters is starting to get a bit far away from Peregian (30-40 mins drive).

Member's courses: Mt Coolum is closest to you (I don't personally like this course much), Tewantin Noosa is quite a nice track, then there is my former home course Horton Park (which naturally I think is great) at Maroochydore and further south is Caloundra.... (If you are going to travel as far as Caloundra though, you might as well go the whole hog and go to Pelican Waters.)

Nothing is terribly far away on the Sunshine Coast.

Have a great holiday!

wavemaker
14th December 2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Mike, hows things in Mareeba. We are a bit further up the road at Maryborough but you are welcome here if the time permits, and the course is a gem!

senecio
15th December 2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Mike, hows things in Mareeba. We are a bit further up the road at Maryborough but you are welcome here if the time permits, and the course is a gem!

Wavemaker

I'm going to be in Maryborough for Christmas (the inlaws have just moved up that way) and I've heard a lot of people rave about the course. It looks damn nice driving past too. I was hoping to organise a game for Monday 27/12. Probably returning back to Brisbane that afternoon.

You wouldn't be interested in joining me and passing on some of your local knowledge?

Ryan

PS. Sorry for jumping in on your thread Mike

wavemaker
15th December 2004, 01:19 PM
Ryan, just checked with the minister for war and finance and all is sweet for 27/12. As i'm a member you will only be paying half price, added bonus!

senecio
15th December 2004, 06:16 PM
Ryan, just checked with the minister for war and finance and all is sweet for 27/12. As i'm a member you will only be paying half price, added bonus!

PM Sent

Ryan

Courty
16th December 2004, 05:38 PM
I'm not carting my clubs 2000 km to play on the same rubbish I play on up here.

:lol: :roll: