PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 9th February 2009

Coffs_Hacker
10th February 2009, 04:23 PM
First game in 3weeks. Played St George basin today 39pts. One of those wierd courses like brookwater with 7shots on the front and 3 on the back (21/18).

9fir
7gir
31putts
1 bird

Plus didn't loose anything off hcap - gotta love burglars

BrisVegas
10th February 2009, 07:36 PM
First game in 3weeks. Played St George basin today 39pts. One of those wierd courses like brookwater with 7shots on the front and 3 on the back (21/18).

our indices have been redone, so they're perfectly normal now.

braddles
11th February 2009, 02:56 PM
71 (-1) at Royal Hobart with 7 birdies, two bogies and two doubles. I was -2 the front nine, but quickly fell back to +3 after 13. Birdies on 4 of the last 5 really helped the score! This was my first round under par at Royal Hobart in a comp. I actually didn't play as well as the previous Sunday, but the putter was on fire! (first round with the itsy bitsy)

BrisVegas
11th February 2009, 03:10 PM
nice shooting braddles! how are the greens looking?

braddles
11th February 2009, 03:44 PM
The greens are pretty good at the moment, although they were better a couple of months ago. The fairways are the biggest difference from my old course. Although the course is much tighter and longer, the perfect lies in the fairways make it easier to score. If you don't drive the ball well, 80+ is on the cards.

Dotty
11th February 2009, 06:07 PM
77 for net 66 (par 71)

Good - Three under for 3-9
Bad - Bogeyed 1&2, leaving putts short
Ugly - Seven over on back 9 (including adolfs on 17 and 18 )

Currently 10.3, can I finally make single figures after 25 years of trying?

Flowergirl
11th February 2009, 08:40 PM
Played par today in very gusty conditions and didn't handle it very well. Had a dismal -7 - but to tell the truth - with everything that has been happening in this state - it really doesn't matter at all.

mikezone13
11th February 2009, 09:11 PM
7 wipes in a row from 8-14, enough said... anyone that said a 2-3 week holiday can do wonders for your golf was lying.

Ned
12th February 2009, 07:10 PM
Lets just say if the Australian Cricket side was picked tonight on my golf score today I would be the first in in all three forms (Test, One Day and Twenty20):cry:

Courty
12th February 2009, 08:04 PM
Lets just say if the Australian Cricket side was picked tonight on my golf score today I would be the first in in all three forms (Test, One Day and Twenty20):cry:

Raised the bat, did we?

Grunt
12th February 2009, 08:07 PM

Raised the bat, did we?

Maybe it was raised early in the day and was a quickfire Ton, how else would he have got in the 20/20 team too?

Ned
12th February 2009, 08:14 PM
Raised the bat, did we?

Yep!:smt093

Courty
12th February 2009, 08:21 PM
Ouch. Where did you play?

Ned
12th February 2009, 08:24 PM
Ouch. Where did you play?

Paradise. (Blue Tee)

Too hot

Too slow

Too many of everything:(

haysey
12th February 2009, 08:24 PM
Raised the bat, did we?

Yep!:smt093

C'mon you've got to spill it now. What was the damage:D

Ned
12th February 2009, 08:27 PM
C'mon you've got to spill it now. What was the damage:D

Nuf sed tanku:smt013

oobsadd2
13th February 2009, 01:08 PM
Played the state am though the week.
36 holes at Blackwood, 36 holes at Flagstaff hill.
73, 72, 75 & 74 which was 8 over and qualified me 6 th out of 16 qualifyers.
Match play at Kooyonga, won first match at the 20 th and lost my next on the 21 st.
113 holes in 5 days is OTT for me these days. Id say I was the oldest to qualify by about 15 years.
Sort of glad to be sitting at the pc working having a rest, although I thought I had that afternoon match......

Ned
14th February 2009, 11:16 AM
Didnt get out of work until 7.45am, and as usual play just outstanding golf after a 12 hour night shift +.

Single Stab

33 points

10 FIR
6 GIR
2 Wipes
Heaps of putts.........and an eagle.

Bed time!:smt015

haysey
14th February 2009, 12:37 PM
Played the Links at Port Douglas with Cookie today.

34 points
2 wipes
3 one pointers

Pleasant day, golf course is in good nick considering the rain we've had. The new greens gave me fits all day:smt013

BrisVegas
14th February 2009, 02:07 PM
4bbb stab today with a mate of mine off 10. We both played pretty good (36 points him & 33 points me) and combined for 45 points. In there with a chance for the win, as it was very wet this morning. Unfortunately it's drying out now, so the arvo field will have it much easier. nice to hit it ok for a change, at least.

Courty
14th February 2009, 03:44 PM
I was booked in to play at Cairns GC this afternoon, but with all the rain overnight (on top of a course already saturated) the course was closed and comp cancelled. So another mate & I headed to Paradise Palms instead. Like Cairns, the bunkers were all GUR due to being filled with water, however the remainder of the course was pretty good. It probably should have been preferred lies IMO, but it was only slushy in some places.

85 gross
30 pts

9 fairways 8)
7 greens
33 putts :oops:

1 birdie
7 pars
6 bogies
4 doubles

adlo
14th February 2009, 05:19 PM
Had the pleasure of hosting Golfer69 at Kennedy Bay this morning. Played with Johnny Canuck. Too bad the weather wasn't as bright a 69ers pink polo :)

I had an 88 (47/41) for 33 (14/19) points.

Didn't take stats but had 2 poor tee shots and putted well. The new putter is firmly entrenched in a honeymoon period.

G69 was great to golf with, despite him having an average day, which is typical of a first round at Kennedy Bay. Crafty short game on the little fella.

Cleaned them up on the skins. I took 9 skins, JC 7 skins, G69 5 skins and JC's mate had 0 skins. Ouch. (1 skin per hole, 1 skin per nearest on par 3's, 2 skins long putt for the day). 7 of my skins came on the jackpot 8th hole :mrgreen:

AndyP
14th February 2009, 05:59 PM
G69 ......... little fella.

WTF?

I suppose you think he's handsome too?

adlo
14th February 2009, 06:01 PM
No, but I am 6'5" and Johnny Canuck is 6'6". He is a little fella.

PeteyD
14th February 2009, 06:20 PM
Wasn't he shorter than Jarro in that photo?

adlo
14th February 2009, 06:21 PM
Slightly taller by the looks in the Ozgolf banner.

BrisVegas
14th February 2009, 06:31 PM

are you two giants coming to the champs?? There has to be a group of giants with you two, haysey & hux all being 6'4"+++

adlo
14th February 2009, 06:35 PM
I want to come and will probably add my name to the list.

JC is keen but as far as I know if unsure on the $ and logistics. I may be wrong, he can speak for himself.

A giants group sounds good.

oz
14th February 2009, 07:30 PM
4BBB Par at Albury today. We had +7 (6 of which came on the back 9). Missed a few fairways early, and couldn't get going.

TMTB is officially OTB. Coming soon to a virtual pro shop near you....

mike
14th February 2009, 08:25 PM
Played the Links at Port Douglas with Cookie today.

34 points
2 wipes
3 one pointers

Pleasant day, golf course is in good nick considering the rain we've had. The new greens gave me fits all day:smt013
Haysey, how was it ? Wet ? Boggy ?

haysey
14th February 2009, 10:49 PM

They're all little fellas adlo=P~

I want to come and will probably add my name to the list.

JC is keen but as far as I know if unsure on the $ and logistics. I may be wrong, he can speak for himself.

A giants group sounds good.

Sounds like a plan.

Haysey, how was it ? Wet ? Boggy ?

Mike, 16 and 17 were the only holes that were wet and even then they weren't bad.

If it wasn't for the 9 brand new greens I'd rate it as the best nick in FNQ at the moment

adlo
14th February 2009, 10:57 PM
They're all little fellas adlo=P~

There is one person towering in the Ozgolf banner. Is that you Big Bird??

Sounds like a plan
Better get my name on that Ozgolf Champs list and make it happen. Talking to G69 today convinced me it would be an excellent idea.

haysey
14th February 2009, 11:05 PM
There is one person towering in the Ozgolf banner. Is that you Big Bird??

Thats me:smt023

Better get my name on that Ozgolf Champs list and make it happen. Talking to G69 today convinced me it would be an excellent idea.

Make it happen, its worth it:D

adlo
14th February 2009, 11:10 PM
Sounds good. Will make you less awkward in the 09 banner :lol:

Lord knows I had a few of those awkward form photos in High School.

idgolfguy
14th February 2009, 11:23 PM
What's the champs about?

haysey
14th February 2009, 11:24 PM
Sounds good. Will make you less awkward in the 09 banner :lol:

Lord knows I had a few of those awkward form photos in High School.

Ahh the old school photo, center of the back row in every one from preschool onwards:roll:. Now my kids are doing the same thing:D

adlo
14th February 2009, 11:29 PM
What's the champs about?
Check out the Ozgolf champs thread.... in QLD Nov 09. Also check the threads about the 08 Champs. The highlight of everyones golfing calendar on these boards. Keen for a golf trip idgolfguy??

Ahh the old school photo, center of the back row in every one from preschool onwards:roll:. Now my kids are doing the same thing:D
Yeah, I am fearing the same when we have kids.
I got stuck on the side of the photo one year, and it was the worst ever. Problem was, though I destroyed the photo, my now-wife was in the same form class and still has a copy and will never let me live it down. She thinks it is one of the funniest things of all time :smt013

idgolfguy
14th February 2009, 11:32 PM
I get a free flight to any city from Perth every year - with enough planning could probably swing it.

adlo
14th February 2009, 11:34 PM
I get a free flight to any city from Perth every year - with enough planning could probably swing it.
http://ottawainvestmentadvisor.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/kool-aid.jpg

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2009, 09:21 AM
I'm only 6'4", or at least I was the last time that I checked. I was still growing at 27 and my feet have gotten a size to size and a half bigger in the last few years. Maybe I am 6'6"?

G69 looked nothing like he did in the avatar with DC68. MAYBE I had them reversed.

The pink shirt was bright.

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2009, 09:26 AM
Had the pleasure of hosting Golfer69 at Kennedy Bay this morning. Played with Johnny Canuck. Too bad the weather wasn't as bright a 69ers pink polo :)

I had an 88 (47/41) for 33 (14/19) points.

Didn't take stats but had 2 poor tee shots and putted well. The new putter is firmly entrenched in a honeymoon period.

G69 was great to golf with, despite him having an average day, which is typical of a first round at Kennedy Bay. Crafty short game on the little fella.

Cleaned them up on the skins. I took 9 skins, JC 7 skins, G69 5 skins and JC's mate had 0 skins. Ouch. (1 skin per hole, 1 skin per nearest on par 3's, 2 skins long putt for the day). 7 of my skins came on the jackpot 8th hole :mrgreen:

I thought we were in for a world of hurt when 69 won the first skin of the day.
I halved holes 2,3,4,5,6 and 7, only to watch Aldo nail a putt from off the green on 8 (which he called) while I was being swallowed by the deep rough, to take the skins.

Ended up with 34 points, 78 gross, which I was pretty happy about as I had 14 after 9.

69 was great to golf with.

Ned
15th February 2009, 11:45 AM
Single Stab

33 points (18 / 15)

6 FIR
5 GIR

Lots of putts

Jarro
15th February 2009, 01:33 PM
36 points (16/20) at Nudgee South today.

2 wipes didn't help :(

Course was very soggy though so not a lot of run on the fairways ..... bunkers were also out of play too :roll:

adlo
15th February 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm only 6'4", or at least I was the last time that I checked. I was still growing at 27 and my feet have gotten a size to size and a half bigger in the last few years. Maybe I am 6'6"?

G69 looked nothing like he did in the avatar with DC68. MAYBE I had them reversed.

The pink shirt was bright.
Check it out JC. I am just under 6'5", and you are taller than me.

shazza_rs
15th February 2009, 07:13 PM
36 points (16/20) at Nudgee South today.

2 wipes didn't help :(

Course was very soggy though so not a lot of run on the fairways ..... bunkers were also out of play too :roll:

35 for me... finished wipe, 1, 1,1. I hate those closing holes....

Oh and it didn't help that the halfway house was ****ing closed. I was one thirsty girl by the time we got to the 15th tee (only drinking fountain on the back nine).

Jarro
15th February 2009, 07:23 PM
35 for me... finished wipe, 1, 1,1. I hate those closing holes....

Oh and it didn't help that the halfway house was ****ing closed. I was one thirsty girl by the time we got to the 15th tee (only drinking fountain on the back nine).

We also commented on the fact that the halfway house was closed :smt093

Was a tough day out there Shazzy ..... no run on the fairways at all :(

adlo
15th February 2009, 07:27 PM
Played another 18 at Kennedy Bay this morning with Bruce Dickinson. We were playing pairs matchplay with 2 fellas from tgf.

I played average, but had enough good holes to contribute to winning the match 3&1. Bruce Dickinson hit the ball very well, especially for someone who plays once or twice a month.

I think I had 31 points.
2 poor tee shots. Otherwise on the fairway or just off.
7 GIR
2 x 3 putts

After taking some money yesterday and the win today, I had a profitable weekend.

idgolfguy
15th February 2009, 07:30 PM
Had 31 points at the Hartfield Summer Cup. Played of the 2nd 9 first - hit 10 pts, front 9 was 21 pts.

Annoying!

adlo
15th February 2009, 07:37 PM
Had 31 points at the Hartfield Summer Cup. Played of the 2nd 9 first - hit 10 pts, front 9 was 21 pts.

:shock::shock:

just
15th February 2009, 07:46 PM

Annoying!
Sounds like one of my rounds.

just
15th February 2009, 08:21 PM
Played about 15 holes at Joondalup late on Friday arvo (yes it was business) and saw some of the best "wow" golf holes in the country.

There certainly are some spectacular looking holes there!

adlo
15th February 2009, 08:27 PM
Was hosted by the delightful adlo and Canuck on Saturday morning on the teriffic Kennedy bay layout. I actually walked away thniking it wasn't as punishing as i had expected although the weather was pretty kind with only a little one club wind. I once again played awful for 26 points but had a top day.
I will be back.

A nice addition to my top 100 list.
And we will be glad to have you back.
Course will play differently next time you are in town. Not that we want it to play any more difficult.
You started strong, and hit the wall on the back 9, which is to be expected after such a hectic work schedule ;)

AndyP
15th February 2009, 08:38 PM
Was hosted by the delightful adlo and Canuck on Saturday morning on the teriffic Kennedy bay layout.So aldo was delightful and JC not so delightful?

You should give gcswinger the heads up on aldo's delightfulness.

adlo
15th February 2009, 08:39 PM
So aldo was delightful and JC not so delightful?

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
He was so appalled at JC's form that he can only be bothered calling him Canuck.

idgolfguy
16th February 2009, 07:50 AM
Sounds like one of my rounds.

I've had five of those types of rounds in a row. I know have 2 strokes to drop in the next 7 weeks to make my target of 11HC by April.

adlo
16th February 2009, 09:25 AM
I've had five of those types of rounds in a row. I know have 2 strokes to drop in the next 7 weeks to make my target of 11HC by April.

Like I said, wait for the holden scramble, then start playing like a bandit.

BrisVegas
16th February 2009, 10:09 AM
4bbb stab today.... combined for 45 points. In there with a chance for the win, as it was very wet this morning. .

woohoo! won the comp! I think I got the NTP on 14 too, so nice first outing with the GPS.

chappy1970
16th February 2009, 10:10 AM
Had a weekend at 13th beach.
Played the Creek course Saturday, as was mentioned by other OzGolf members, not much to write home about. 32 points with a wipe on the last. Score probably flattered my round as I chopped it around.

Sunday - Beach Course, night and day between the two 18's with the Beach being noticeably better presented and a damn sight harder too. It was very windy yesterday and I struggled to come to terms with it, recording only 27 points.

Even with a course guide, it was very difficult to know where to put the ball off the tee. I'd very much like to play the Beach course again as it kicked my A$$, but I probably wouldn't rush back to the Creek course.

I wasn't allowed to play in the comp as you need to be a guest of a member, otherwise it would have been - .2.

peter_rs
16th February 2009, 01:22 PM
Sat- Nudgee North (stroke)
45/42 74 nett
It was Matchplay Qualifiying and I missed out by 1 shot.
It was only raining for the first 4 holes ;) the club would not call the qualifying off so 78 played on a wet course in the rain instead of a 225+ field. It the first time I have seen the 2nd fairway under water. I was suprised how well the greens held up.

Sun- Nudgee South (stab)
22/16 38points
It was a hot day with no drinks cart or half way hut.... would have been nice to know before we teed off.

Maybe I will make it to the range this week because my short game is really bad. I was screwing even simple chips with a PW.

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2009, 02:22 PM
So aldo was delightful and JC not so delightful?

I was on my best behaviour. It took every ounce of self-restraint not to comment on G69's hot pink shirt. If Aldo had worn it, it would have been an entirely different story.

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2009, 02:30 PM
Check it out JC. I am just under 6'5", and you are taller than me.

Not sure about that. I could have sworn that you were taller, but I am often standing in bunkers, which has some effect on things.

I just had a few top days over in the west.
Played at melville Glades on Wed arvo (yes it was business) and had an awful 27 points.
Played about 15 holes at Joondalup late on Friday arvo (yes it was business) and saw some of the best "wow" golf holes in the country.
Was hosted by the delightful adlo and Canuck on Saturday morning on the teriffic Kennedy bay layout. I actually walked away thniking it wasn't as punishing as i had expected although the weather was pretty kind with only a little one club wind. I once again played awful for 26 points but had a top day.
I will be back.

A nice addition to my top 100 list.

You only faded because it took so long to get the bourbon and Mars bar into you. Next time we'll prepare in advance.

I hope the wind picks up next time so you can get the "true experience".

adlo
16th February 2009, 04:10 PM
Not sure about that. I could have sworn that you were taller, but I am often standing in bunkers, which has some effect on things.
:lol:
Maybe we are both 6'5". Either way, giants by Ozgolf standards.

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2009, 04:23 PM
I'm curious now. I'll see when I can get it done.

adlo
16th February 2009, 04:25 PM
Get what done?

idgolfguy
16th February 2009, 04:59 PM

Oh yeah forgot about the scramble.

adlo
16th February 2009, 05:16 PM
4/4/09 I think. Push the handicap target to mid April and shoot 45 points on the 11/4/09 to get down to 11. Then I won't mind.

idgolfguy
16th February 2009, 10:13 PM
45 is a big ask but 42 -43 is likely if we're playing 9 twice.

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2009, 10:18 PM
45 is a big ask but 42 -43 is likely if we're playing 9 twice.
No lowering the handicap yet...

I should have word from our forth next weekend.

adlo
16th February 2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, we better get onto that and book our slot. Don't wanna miss out. What is our high handicapper off??

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2009, 10:30 PM
only 20. he can hit it long and is very good with the putter.

adlo
16th February 2009, 10:36 PM
Sounds perfec

PeteyD
17th February 2009, 09:46 AM
You must of really confused 69er, not treating him like a ****!

dc68
17th February 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm sure they will know better next time Pete.

adlo
17th February 2009, 11:47 AM
You take it easy on your guests at Kennedy Bay. Let the course break them slowly.....

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2009, 12:25 PM
more than dc and I predicted as well. good work.

adlo
17th February 2009, 05:12 PM
26 points was actually more than I had predicted.
Imagine if it was blowing though :mrgreen:

Scottt
18th February 2009, 05:43 AM
I had a hit on Sunday at Mitcham Golf Club, not far from home here.

Some pics and hole descriptions here Link to pics (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1849483&l=ad3f5&id=603260632)

Shot 84 (par 69) with a triple and three doubles.

Highlight was driving the green on the 258 yard 6th, then two-putting from 60ft for birdie.

Interesting course. Might not head back in a huge hurry, but mostly because I want to discover others.

Off to Kent this weekend to play Royal Cinque Ports and Prince's. Can't wait.

jimandr
20th February 2009, 05:00 PM
I had a couple of games over the last 10 days that fit into this weekly period. When you are on holidays the days and dates are a bit of a blur, but who cares?

Tocumwal: nine holes on the Captains and nine on the Presidents. Solo social game, so no witnesses were present. The total was 37 points. I started on the back nine of the presidents, and couldn't find the first, so I went to the first of the captains course instead.

Murray Downs: 35 points, in a strong two-club breeze. I hit the ball really well, but missed shortish putts on the last four greens. A really good course.

Official Comp game at Royal Adelaide, with Marcel. 27 points. I was very disappointed with this round, as I hit the ball well in the previous games, and it all fell apart just when I wanted to properly test myself on a recognised top 10 course. I drove it great, putted well, but was just terrible off the ground.