PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Game - Aust vs NZ

Fishman Dan
10th December 2004, 01:10 PM
You Brisbanites will have to keep us up to date, but is play likely at all? By all reports it sounds like at best the rain will ease off but not completely disappear? :smt102

CobraSS
10th December 2004, 01:21 PM
You Brisbanites will have to keep us up to date, but is play likely at all? By all reports it sounds like at best the rain will ease off but not completely disappear? :smt102

Just had a look at the radar they won't start on time is my bet, if they get under way in the next 2-3 hrs they will be very lucky.

terryand
10th December 2004, 01:27 PM
If there lucky it will be a 20 over slog-a-thon at best.

Terry.

Jarro
10th December 2004, 01:28 PM
i'd be very surprised if any play happens at all today :(

Trung
10th December 2004, 01:32 PM
Beautiful one day... perfect the next? :?:

Take the game somewhere, except for Sydney. I want to see it on free to air TV :lol:

CobraSS
10th December 2004, 04:26 PM
If there lucky it will be a 20 over slog-a-thon at best.

Terry.

I'd be suprised if the batsman got too many runs if they had a 20 over game, with all the rain we had this week the wicket would be greener than a month old ham and cheese sandwich.

Jarro
10th December 2004, 05:28 PM
still no play :(

doesn't look like there'll be any today either ... still pissing down here in good old Brissy :roll:

.. so what happens to the Chappell/Hadlee trophy :?: :? Do we rip it in half or what :wink:

Ducky
10th December 2004, 06:06 PM
Ok, it's been called off now apparently. Due to them not having a reserve play date, the series has now been labelled a draw.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
11th December 2004, 05:11 AM
Daniel Vettori voted player of the series :?

.. not too sure about that :evil: Gilly for my money 8)

Fishman Dan
11th December 2004, 07:37 AM
So i guess... um..... Kaspa cost us the series? ;) :lol:

AndyP
11th December 2004, 08:16 AM
What an exciting day at the cricket that was. Almost as good as the Saturday of the test that was up here. :roll:

We lasted about one and a half hours at the ground, before heading off. They were showing some highlights of World Series cricket on the replay boards, so after the second replay package, we'd had enough.

We were prepared to head back in if it looked like the game might start. But we kept our eye on the weather radar from home, and knew that it was no chance before it was announced.
:(

Due to them not having a reserve play date, the series has now been labelled a draw.
My mate reckons that Australia should win the series on net run rate. ;)

Daniel Vettori voted player of the series :?

.. not too sure about that :evil: Gilly for my money 8)
I agree with Vettori. He put the brakes on Australia's batting twice, and had a nice cameo with the bat in the second match.

Fishman Dan
11th December 2004, 08:29 AM
Don't know about you lot, but i think the series was a farce. 2 tests and 3-one day games? We should be watching test cricket at this time of the year.

AndyP
11th December 2004, 08:36 AM
Don't know about you lot, but i think the series was a farce. 2 tests and 3-one day games? We should be watching test cricket at this time of the year.
Get used to it. Next year it will be just the three one-dayers against them.

It's no worse than the two test winter series against Sri-Lankan and Bangladesh. :roll: