PDA

View Full Version : Australian Tour Q-School

Fishman Dan
10th December 2004, 01:50 PM
http://www.pgatour.com.au/_content/document/00000094-src.txt

Some up'n'comers. Interesting to see at T17 - Scott Draper. Former quality tennis player having a real crack at golf, and has easily qualified to play Stage 2 next week. Set it up with a 72 in round 1. Top 60 qualify for Stage 2.

First Victorian T8 - and in his home state too... :-k :lol:

Keza_G
10th December 2004, 10:29 PM
Some very ordinary scores from some usually great golfers.....

Hey Kev..... I noticed Craig Baldwin in there.... what's the go ?, he retired in the 3rd.. some name I knew whom I thought would go better but hmmmm. this is golf and that does happen....

Cheers

Keza

markTHEblake
11th December 2004, 12:39 AM
I also see your old mate Shane was right up there until the last round.

Jarro
11th December 2004, 05:55 AM
http://www.pgatour.com.au/_content/document/00000094-src.txt

Some up'n'comers. Interesting to see at T17 - Scott Draper. Former quality tennis player having a real crack at golf, and has easily qualified to play Stage 2 next week.

I'm sure i read somewhere that he's the reigning club champ at Keperra G.C :?: :?: plays off scratch

cazandpaul
11th December 2004, 06:36 AM
But what about the bloke who shot 101 - 98 - 96 :shock:

Keza_G
11th December 2004, 07:00 AM
I also see your old mate Shane was right up there until the last round.

He probably would have made it if he hadn't shot an 85 in the 3rd..... Shane can be a little lacksidaysical (?) when it comes to final rounds....

It looks like he rested on his laurels, fool....I'll send him a sms and see what happened....

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
11th December 2004, 09:19 AM
Interesting to see at T17 - Scott Draper. Former quality tennis player having a real crack at golf, and has easily qualified to play Stage 2 next week. Set it up with a 72 in round 1. Top 60 qualify for Stage 2.
I knew this was his plan for when he was finished with tennis, but I hadn't heard of him retiring from tennis yet. :?

Iain
11th December 2004, 09:59 AM
Interesting to see at T17 - Scott Draper. Former quality tennis player having a real crack at golf, and has easily qualified to play Stage 2 next week. Set it up with a 72 in round 1. Top 60 qualify for Stage 2.
I knew this was his plan for when he was finished with tennis, but I hadn't heard of him retiring from tennis yet. :?
He isn't. He should get a high enough ranking back when he comes back from injury to play in the Aussie open. I think he is going to do the golf thing when he isn't playig tennis..... :roll:

Fishman Dan
11th December 2004, 10:07 AM
He isn't. He should get a high enough ranking back when he comes back from injury to play in the Aussie open. I think he is going to do the golf thing when he isn't playig tennis..... :roll:

Well he's rarely in quarters or semi's, so that usually leaves his weekends free to enter a golf tournament ;)

AndyP
11th December 2004, 10:09 AM
Re Scott Draper

Iain, was it an ankle injury? I seem to recall some problem with his ankles. :?

He hasn't played a tournament since October 2003.

Career high ranking of 42, finished 2003 at 88. Won Queens in 1998. :cool:

edit: Found the following - A bruised femur (Dec 03), left knee injury (Oct 03)

edit x2: All shall be revealed - http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11625212-23213,00.html

markTHEblake
11th December 2004, 06:45 PM
He probably would have made it if he hadn't shot an 85 in the 3rd..... Shane can be a little lacksidaysical (?) when it comes to final rounds....

from what i have seen i wouldnt have said it so nicely, something like gives up too easy.

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 01:55 PM
This is pretty impressive.

Draper looking for dual role
19/12/04

Scott Draper's dream of an extraordinary double by playing the Australian Opens in tennis and golf in 2005 is nearing reality.

Already automatically in the singles draw at Melbourne Park next month on a protected ranking, the former Davis Cup player is now in line for an invitation to tee up in golf's equivalent at Moonah Links later in the year.

The Australian Golf Union, which runs the Australian Open in late November, has given tacit approval for Draper to join the world's best and will monitor his 2005 results.

"We would like to have him in, it would be a great double," AGU executive director Colin Phillips told the Melbourne Herald Sun.

"We would definitely have a look at it and see how he performs throughout the year. If his form is OK, we would have a good look at it."

Draper flew home to the Gold Coast to try to sort out next year's crammed sports schedule after earning his playing ticket at the Australasian PGA tour's 72 holes qualifying school at Frankston in bayside Melbourne.

A left-handed tennis player and right-handed golfer, he shot one-over 73 in the final round to add to his three previous par rounds at Peninsula's north course.

He finished 12th in the 80-player field, a comfortable eight-shot buffer among the 37 competitors looking to get their 2005 cards.

"I'm sort of blown away at the moment to think I'm a professional golfer," said Draper.

"It's a bit weird. I know I have to spend plenty of time on the practice range.

"I need to improve my short game. It's an area I noticed this week is not up to par, but I'm proud of what I've done."

ben
22nd December 2004, 02:48 PM
Some good players in the field, Gavin Flint and Darren Beck will be worth watching in the future.

Darren Beck plays a Nakashima driver ;)

BrisVegas
22nd December 2004, 10:09 PM
Ben Bloomfield got through as well. He's a Toowoomba boy and product of the QAS Golf School at Brookwater.

Glad I played him in junior penants when he could still be beaten... :lol:

damoocow
23rd December 2004, 12:06 AM
Draper looking for dual role

shouldn't he stick to Kings Cross ?? - I thought there was an AGU bylaw prohibiting tennis fags from golf comps ?

sufferingfrommentalinjury