PDA

View Full Version : goughy and clikchic impending arrival updates!

clikchic
10th December 2004, 10:49 AM
Due to popular demand! :lol:

I have dedicated a website to our little one and you can view it at
http://www.clikchic.com/babygough

There are scans etc, and belly pics as I get further along..

This has been quite a nervous pregnancy for us, me especially up until our 19wk scan as for those of you who don't know, we lost our baby boy Jacob, at 18wks (in March) due to a neural tube defect called anencephaly. :cry: Once you have had a baby with a neural tube defect your risks are much higher for having another one. Plus, Jacob was our 5th loss so add that to the mix and well and it made it hard for me to be positive, let go and look forward to our impending arrival.

However, now that all appears to be going beautifully I am feeling much better about things!

I am getting rather impatient for March to arrive so our baby can come and am not as patient with this pg and not enjoying it quite as much as I did Jasmines... well last night we were driving home from Brisbane (we drove down for a couple of hours to meet our new nephew!) and talking about it and hmmm no WONDER I am a bit over being pg! Out of the past 19mths I have been pg for 13 of those months! :shock: That is 55 weeks!

He he, I said to goughy, I think I deserve to be well and truely spoilt when this baby arrives! LOL

Anyway, the baby is VERY active and likes to make him/herself known...but it is always comforting to feel all the kicks and squirms and hiccups! I have my next ob visit a few days before Christmas, I will be 28wks then I think so I am not sure if I have my 30wk scan at that visit or the next one.

Jasmine is getting very excited and was absolutely fascinated when meeting her new little cousin yesterday. (goughy's sister had a baby this week, the second in the family after Jasmine) We are going to go visit again after the Wiggles on Saturday and we will have a bit more time to wait and see if he wakes up this time!

As you may have guessed I am very good at rambling!

Anyway, that is all I can think of for now! Feel free to make a guess on the sex etc, through the guessing game via the baby's website!

Golfgirl
10th December 2004, 12:48 PM
Anyway, the baby is VERY active and likes to make him/herself known...but it is always comforting to feel all the kicks and squirms and hiccups! I have my next ob visit a few days before Christmas, I will be 28wks then I think so I am not sure if I have my 30wk scan at that visit or the next one.

Mitchell was like that... it must be a boy.... :idea: :wink:

Flowergirl
10th December 2004, 01:14 PM
Sending you loving positive thoughts. :) Keep us posted.( and no - you don't ramble) :D

Keza_G
10th December 2004, 07:14 PM
Fantastic news...please keep us up in the baby reports...I know I love to hear all about these things....

Our wishes and positive thoughts are for you and your bub...

Cheers

Keza

BrisVegas
11th December 2004, 03:38 PM
Sandra and I have got our fingers crossed for you! Hope you have a smooth, stress-free last 3 months. :wink:

P.S. We had our 19 week scan on Friday and all looks normal so far. :)

Golfgirl
11th December 2004, 06:37 PM
P.S. We had our 19 week scan on Friday and all looks normal so far.

Good to hear, Dion.... :D You will have to keep us posted on progress also....

goughy
12th December 2004, 01:18 PM
Sandra and I have got our fingers crossed for you! Hope you have a smooth, stress-free last 3 months. :wink:

P.S. We had our 19 week scan on Friday and all looks normal so far. :)

Thanks! And great news!