PDA

View Full Version : 13th Beach

chappy1970
5th February 2009, 08:17 AM
I have a weekend booked with a mate at 13th Beach on the 14th/15th of Feb.

Can anyone who has played it provide some inside info, or a course guide would be even better.

Anyone, anyone...........Bueller

Toolish
5th February 2009, 08:59 AM
Which course are you playing? What sort of info are you after.

Either way, pretty sure they have course guides in the pro-shop there.

chappy1970
5th February 2009, 09:05 AM
Creek Saturday and Beach Sunday

Bruce
5th February 2009, 09:54 AM
The Creek isn't really worth travelling for. It isn't horrible but I think you are a member of a better course.

The Beach is pretty good. Although you can't actually see the beach from any point on the course. The only advice I would offer is:

4th - there is much more room to the right over the trees for your second shot than you think, but you should still go as close as you dare to the water on the left.

5th - you should go a bit left of the white painted rock they have as a marker on the hill. Not that there is any real penalty for bailing to the right - it is still a wedge in.

6th - don't hit driver unless you are super straight and carrying about 220m over the bunker on the right. Cashmore makes an attempt at getting there in 2 not worth it anyway so 2 long irons still leaves a short one in for 3.

13th - you can probably reach with D so bear that in mind when you make your choice.

16th - hit the green or die. Pretty.

18th - has one of those crazy 2 tier greens like you find at mini golf courses that you can't necessarily see from back on the fairway. If you can't see the flag then it is the front/bottom tier so play accordingly.

WBennett
5th February 2009, 10:10 AM
I'm with Bruce on this - Creek is nothing special, although i did eagle the 17th so it sticks in my mind.

Beach is a good challenge, and has some very entertaining holes along and through the dunes. Make sure you put it close on 17 - the green has more tiers than a wedding cake.

16 is the highlight of the course for me. Super short hole, 2nd best I have played behind Barnbougles short 7th.

Webster
6th February 2009, 01:44 PM
chappy, these are my google earth notes (distances in metres) for the Beach course that I used in the bricks vs stick TGF match.

1. From back of tee, 225 to reach rhs traps and 250 to carry.
2. 250 drive line is over corner of rhs bunkers. 280 to reach lhs trap
3. p3
4. from back of middle tee to treeline 268. from treeline to middle green 197
5. from back of rear tee to ft green 272
6. from back of rear tee to marsh is 248.
7. p3
8. from back of rear tee to rhs fw bunker is 248
9. line off tee is at lhs corner of rhs traps. 250 drive line.
10. 245 to carry lhs traps
11. from back of rear tee to rhs traps 268
12. p3
13. from back of rear tee to reach cluster bunkers rhs 245
14. from back of rear tee to carry rhs traps 247. from end rhs traps to ft green 227
15. from rear tee to end fw 243.
16. p3
17. 260 to reach fw at left edge of rhs bunkers. More room to right than appears.
18. 227 to carry lhs traps. Wide drive zone.

kev
6th February 2009, 01:54 PM
This reminds me - Bruce, are you going to put your score in the Bingo thread?

We now return you to the regularly scheduled post...

Greeny
12th February 2009, 03:08 PM
Nice Bruce. I'm gonna come back to this when I get down and play 13th Beach sometime this year.

Maybe a portable podacast commentary of the course for new players to download before they head there!??!