PDA

View Full Version : Flowergirl is coming.........watch out the Gold Coast!!!!!

Flowergirl
9th December 2004, 11:58 AM
My friend Kate and I are coming up to the Gold Coast in February for the Ladies Masters at Royal Pines - and hopefully to catch up with some of you guys for a game or a drink or both. We probably will only go to Royal Pines for one day or a couple of half days. Would rather play than watch.
:D
We have been offered a good deal on accomodation at Kirra Beach. Is this too far away from where we want to be? I'd appreciate any feedback from you locals up there. There's nothing like "local knowledge".

Thanks guys :wink:

We are arriving Thursday 24th Feb and leaving Monday 28th.

(thinking out loud..........how many kilos can I lose from now till then......allowing for Xmas and New Year------not many!!!!!! Who cares....I'll just change my avatar is something more appropriate)

damoocow
9th December 2004, 12:15 PM
golfer 69 wrote:

In fact...park at Emerald lakes...go to the golf...back to Emmy Lakes and play some late afternoon / night golf. I will join you for sure.

i'd love to play with flowergirl too [I mean that nicely] - can I come?
I promise to be well behaved.

damoocow
[/b]

damoocow
9th December 2004, 12:38 PM
golfer69 wrote:

(but you get the ugly one !)

I would prefer a girl Richard, thanks for the offer though.

damoocow

Fishman Dan
9th December 2004, 12:39 PM
golfer69 wrote:

I would prefer a girl Richard, thanks for the offer though.

damoocow

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Flowergirl
9th December 2004, 01:49 PM
Be nice if you made up a "foursome" :smt030 :smt008 :smt008 damo

Now be nice boys. Ugly one indeed- how rude :wink:

So I'm guessing that Kirri Beach is close to the airport???

And thanks for the offer of a round of golf guys........that will be great :D Hopefully we can get some more Ozgolfers and make a day of it. I know Kez and her driver are keen for a game. Anyone else????

AndyP
9th December 2004, 01:52 PM
Didn't take long for this thread to go off the rails. :roll:

I don't think I am available that weekend, due to a visit from my parent's coinciding with Mitchell's first Birthday. :(
Can you get the Ladies Masters to reschedule?

cazandpaul
9th December 2004, 02:08 PM
We should be around for a game and a day at the golf - staying at Kirra will require a car to get around.

Our course (Gold Coast Burleigh) has a medley stableford on Friday 25th that may be of interest.

Jarro
9th December 2004, 03:40 PM
And thanks for the offer of a round of golf guys........that will be great :D Hopefully we can get some more Ozgolfers and make a day of it. I know Kez and her driver are keen for a game. Anyone else????

i'll be in a game with you guys .... just let me know when and where :wink:

Flowergirl
9th December 2004, 04:02 PM
This is going to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry we won't get to see you AndyP :wink: Maybe next time :D

AndyP
9th December 2004, 04:04 PM
Sorry we won't get to see you AndyP :wink: Maybe next time :D
Don't completely count me out yet.
I'll wait until the rounds start to get organised, and see if I am able to sneak away for half a day. :)

Onewood
9th December 2004, 06:36 PM
Gold Coast Burleigh, on Friday sounds good to me 8)

Emy lakes Sat arvo and night 8)

Thursday and Sunday Masters :P

Now that I've organised that without it getting to 30 courses and 30 pages :D get your names in :wink:

Burleigh, Friday
1.Onewood
2.Twowood (Mathew) good skipper for both :D

Emy Lakes day/nighter Saturday
1.Onewood
2.Twowood

Keza_G
9th December 2004, 07:25 PM
Put me down Kev....for both Burleigh & Emy Lakes.... :D

Now I have a small problem ladies and gents......

My birthday is Saturday Feb 26th...... so um we might have to have a drink or four.....I will be at a milestone.....30..... :oops: :oops:

I can't wait to meet & have a game with FG and the rest of you.... I actually hope I can get to play with some of the qlders before this anywho.. :!:

Cheers

Keza

Eag's
9th December 2004, 08:46 PM
Count me in for this as well :wink:
Always good to have a hit with Ozgolfers I haven't played with yet :)

Onewood
9th December 2004, 09:11 PM
Gold Coast Burleigh, on Friday sounds good to me 8)

Emy lakes Sat arvo and night 8)

Thursday and Sunday Masters :P

Now that I've organised that without it getting to 30 courses and 30 pages :D get your names in :wink:

Burleigh, Friday
1.Onewood
3.Keza
4.Eags

1.Onewood
2.Twowood
3.Keza
4.Eags

markTHEblake
9th December 2004, 09:42 PM
Burleigh, Friday
1.Onewood
3.Keza
4.Eags
5:theBlake

1.Onewood
2.Twowood
3.Keza
4.Eags
5:theblake

How much will Burleigh Cost?

Emmy Lakes will be about $8 cheaper if your a guest of a member - so you all have to be nice to me. They also have a deal if we get more than 15 but that may well be the same rate, as well i think the night golf package thingy might include tucker, i will confirm all that in a coupla days.

damoocow
9th December 2004, 09:53 PM
1.Onewood
2.Twowood
3.Keza
4.Eags
5:theblake

I think you lot have forgotten to add in the gun foursome for this round !!
*Flowergirl
*Kate
*golfer69
*damoocow

- which is the ugly one ? - hint -
thinking numbers!

touche

damoocow

Flowergirl
10th December 2004, 07:43 AM
You guys just count us in...........so far what has been suggested sounds great :D
Must admit I'm getting quite excited about this little trip. ( face it - when you get to my age it doesn't take much!!!)

markTHEblake
12th December 2004, 11:33 AM
Confirmed: Emerald Lakes will cost $33 per player for day/night round at the members guest rate.
(normal price is $44). There is no comp to play in. I will be able to get a better deal if we get more than 12, which may be a discounted meal afterwards (or after 9).

This is in the 19th hole forum. I will start a new thread for Emerald Lakes after i have made the booking.

Is someone gunna book the Burleigh Game - might have to be Paul?

markTHEblake
12th December 2004, 08:47 PM
Ok, 69, you organise whatever with Nicko and update it in the new thread for this round. I will be offline for a week so i will catch up with the good news in a weeks time.

cazandpaul
13th December 2004, 05:21 AM
The GC Burleigh game will be in comp and the sheet will only come out the week prior but should be no problems - I'll find out prices etc and let you know.

cazandpaul
20th January 2005, 05:51 AM
Having never played at Burleigh without being a member it surprised me that the going rate is $45 :shock: (plus comp fee $8) - there are discounts as there are more players (12+) but I don't know if we will get that many.

If everyone is happy with this I will start a thread in 1st Tee.

Onewood
20th January 2005, 06:48 AM
I'm still in, regardless 8)

markTHEblake
20th January 2005, 11:48 AM
That price puts a different spin on it for me.
(what no member guest rate?).

also that day i am double booked - there is a bus trip from Emerald Lakes GC to Ocean Shores. I'll have to think about this one. Dont really want to hijack the burleigh game but there may well be spots available in this, and we play for a significant cash pool. If anyone wants some more info, I'll get it.