PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 2nd February 2009

Dotty
2nd February 2009, 05:06 PM
38 points

Good - 8 pars (6 three-pointers :D)
Bad - 10 bogeys (4 one-pointers :smt093)
Ugly - Nil

Grunt
2nd February 2009, 05:07 PM
Sounds like a nice hit Dotty, Good Work.

Dotty
2nd February 2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks Grunt.

My Golflink looks as predictable as a McDonalds menu.
12 games this year, all in the thirties. (Best 39. Worst 31. Average 35.1)

Maybe retro-technology is the secret. (Old school driver, fairways and putter over Christmas.) Don't get great distances, but also don't get trees in the way either.

Dotty
4th February 2009, 12:58 PM
43 points (off 12)

Good - 4 birdies
Bad - 1 double bogey on a par 5.
Ugly - 3 three-putts from off the green

Bonus - Club has an eclectic for the 4 Wednesday's in February. (And 2 more off Ozgolf eclectic.)

What recession ?

haysey
4th February 2009, 01:29 PM
Great stuff Dotty:smt038

Jarro
4th February 2009, 01:43 PM
35 points @ Nudgee South today.

Hit the ball pretty well on the front 9 for 20 points (including a birdie for 4 points on the 9th)

Back 9 started fairly solidly with 2 pointers for the first 6 holes, then a wipe on 16, 1 point on 17 and 2 on 18 :(

It was pretty warm out there today :smt107

AndyP
4th February 2009, 02:08 PM
You The ManDog, Dotty.

Flowergirl
5th February 2009, 08:12 AM
First day back to comp yesterday - we take the holidays off.
First day back as the new Lady Captain ( lady !!!! - tried to change it to womens' captain)
All the girls were lovely to me - very helpful and positive - no sniping or back stabbing - wonder how long that will last:shock:

Stableford - 22 points on the front nine - then proceeded to wipe the next two holes:smt093 Ended up with 37 points. Made quite a few up and downs which is usually my downfall.

It's nice to be back at comp. :mrgreen:

chappy1970
5th February 2009, 08:21 AM
New Lady Captain Rennie, congrats. Big job?

Ned
5th February 2009, 08:31 AM
Couldn't even shoot a duck this week as most courses have close to a metre of water dumped on them in the last 7 seven days.

Ingham apparently are apparently considering Scuba Golf!!!!!!

Flowergirl
5th February 2009, 10:11 AM
New Lady Captain Rennie, congrats. Big job?

Not really. We are such a small club. Also I was vice captain for the past two years and a committee member for the past three. It will be a good test for me though having to deal with the women - in case you weren't aware - women can get a bit bitchy at times:mrgreen:

I love my little club. It has been great for me and I have had so many opportunities that I wouldn't have had at a bigger club. Although it would be good to play regularly with better players.

kev
5th February 2009, 10:30 AM
<snip>

I love my little club. It has been great for me and I have had so many opportunities that I wouldn't have had at a bigger club. Although it would be good to play regularly with better players.

It's better to be a big fish in a small pond... :lol:

Congrats though Reenie. :smt038

haysey
7th February 2009, 03:01 PM
Braved the conditions to play a very wet Cairns course this morning.

Emerged with trench foot, dengue fever and 30 points:roll:.

Didn't really do much wrong, a couple of bad holes when the rain was coming down saw off any chance of a decent score....

Sydney Hacker
7th February 2009, 03:40 PM
Turned up for our monthly medal this morning only to find out it has been postponed until next week because of suspected hot weather...

I can understand out west of Sydney where it would of been 40 odd but at Gordon I doubt it would of topped 35 today.

Courty
7th February 2009, 04:13 PM
Braved the conditions to play a very wet Cairns course this morning.

Emerged with trench foot, dengue fever

Ditto.

I escaped with my life and 32 pts.

I scrambled nicely to 19 pts on the front, but consecutive doubles on the back killed any chance of posting a score.

83 gross
32 pts

11 fairways
7 greens :-k
33 putts

9 pars
7 bogies
2 doubles :smt013

haysey
7th February 2009, 04:29 PM
Ditto.

I escaped with my life and 32 pts.

I scrambled nicely to 19 pts on the front, but consecutive doubles on the back killed any chance of posting a score.

83 gross
32 pts

11 fairways
7 greens :-k
33 putts

9 pars
7 bogies
2 doubles :smt013

How many times did you hit driver???

Ned
7th February 2009, 04:29 PM
7 bogies 2 doubles :smt013

Ordered the R9 or voluntered to test the R11 yet ????????:-({|=

jimandr
7th February 2009, 05:08 PM
Turned up for our monthly medal this morning only to find out it has been postponed until next week because of suspected hot weather...

I can understand out west of Sydney where it would of been 40 odd but at Gordon I doubt it would of topped 35 today.

If it was genuinely due to the heat then that is a joke.

I would think it more likely that lots of players rang and pulled out on Friday after seeing the forecast, so the committee decided to pull the pin. Or, being a Council Course, maybe the workers refused to cut the greens?

I've never heard of a course being closed due to heat. I'll bet we'll see comp scores from almost every course in Sydney in the paper tomorrow.

Courty
7th February 2009, 05:12 PM
How many times did you hit driver???

Twice on all four par 5's, but no more than usual elsewhere. 8)

shazza_rs
7th February 2009, 05:15 PM
0.1 nuf said

haysey
7th February 2009, 05:30 PM

My final tally was 20:oops:

Ned
7th February 2009, 05:49 PM
I had 88 @ Paradise on Thursday!

Hit every fairway several times each, every green at least twice, got my monies worth with heaps of putts, got to play in the creeks about 8 times, played sand castles about 6 times and and played force and backs twice.

Courty
7th February 2009, 05:49 PM
My final tally was 20:oops:

Lemme guess... 7 & 15?

WBennett
7th February 2009, 06:41 PM
37 points including 2 wipes, 4 or 5 beers during the round for rehydration and beat SMS 3 and 1.

Great day out!

Sydney Hacker
7th February 2009, 07:08 PM
If it was genuinely due to the heat then that is a joke.

I would think it more likely that lots of players rang and pulled out on Friday after seeing the forecast, so the committee decided to pull the pin. Or, being a Council Course, maybe the workers refused to cut the greens?

I've never heard of a course being closed due to heat. I'll bet we'll see comp scores from almost every course in Sydney in the paper tomorrow.

No the course was open and they ran a comp. They just postponed the medal round until next Saturday which is a joke.

Perhaps when they work out next Saturday is Valentine's Day they will need to postpone it again as some people may not be able to play...

dc68
7th February 2009, 08:16 PM
72/68 today for a win in A grade 16 pars 1 bird and a bogey. Hit it very solid but only hit 9 greens in reg.... BUT as AP would say I hit 17 effective approaches as I only had to chip once. Today was the 1st qualifying rond for the club matchplay championships and I am running 3rd for the gross, so another solid round next week should see me qualify in the top 8.

PeteyD
7th February 2009, 08:40 PM
How could anyone beat you for gross? ;) Well done DC!

adlo
7th February 2009, 08:43 PM
Had a 27 hole extravaganza of golf today with Johnny Canuck.

9 holes at Binningup for 16 points and 8 skins vs JC's 4.
9 holes at Bunbury for 15 points and take the lead to 15/8.
9 holes at Kennedy Bay for 13 points and remain victorious 20/12.

Played OK today. Solid ball striking. Some poor shots from 100m in. Hung in there enough to clean up almost all my skins on par 3's, taking advantage of Johnny Canuck's brain "melts".

Tried the new TMTB w/ V2HMOI combo with good results.
Tried the new TM Monte Carlo centre shaft, also with good results.
Tried the Wilson Zip, with decent results for 4 holes, then I put one in the trees and that was the end of that. Until next time.

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2009, 09:16 PM
Had a 27 hole extravaganza of golf today with Johnny Canuck.

9 holes at Binningup for 16 points and 8 skins vs JC's 4.
9 holes at Bunbury for 15 points and take the lead to 15/8.
9 holes at Kennedy Bay for 13 points and remain victorious 20/12.

Played OK today. Solid ball striking. Some poor shots from 100m in. Hung in there enough to clean up almost all my skins on par 3's, taking advantage of Johnny Canuck's brain "melts".

Tried the new TMTB w/ V2HMOI combo with good results.
Tried the new TM Monte Carlo centre shaft, also with good results.
Tried the Wilson Zip, with decent results for 4 holes, then I put one in the trees and that was the end of that. Until next time.

All I could here was that one guy yelling "You're gonna need a blanket and suntan lotion, cause you're never gonna get off that beach, just like the way you never got into the NHL... ya jackass!"

two birds, an eagle and i am the biggest loser!

dc68
7th February 2009, 09:17 PM
How could anyone beat you for gross? ;) Well done DC!

Thanks Shrek.... Well when you have Brett Rankin,Jarrod Consoli and Gavin Fairfax who are all + Markers and in the state squad it is not easy!!!!! Jarrod is the QLD amatuer champion and he had 73 Brett (Qld medalist) had 71 and Gav had 70 so I am well in the mix!

dc68
7th February 2009, 09:20 PM
Better start calling adlo principal Skinne:shock:r!! Well played.Either that or we call JC a chopper! :wink:

adlo
7th February 2009, 09:23 PM
All I could here was that one guy yelling "You're gonna need a blanket and suntan lotion, cause you're never gonna get off that beach, just like the way you never got into the NHL... ya jackass!"

two birds, an eagle and i am the biggest loser!
If you ever decided to actually follow through on some iron shots I would have been in real trouble. Jackass!

Oh well, try and take G69ers money next week.

adlo
7th February 2009, 09:25 PM
Better start calling adlo principal Skinne:shock:r!! Well played.Either that or we call JC a chopper! :wink:
Yeah, the skins were piling up today. Strategic moments of brilliance. Let Johnny Canuck have his moments of glory on the par 5's and quietly take his money elsewhere.

dc68
7th February 2009, 09:27 PM
Oh well, try and take G69ers money next week.

Just talk about Poida beating him 4 out of the last 5 times and you will get him easy!!

adlo
7th February 2009, 09:28 PM
Just talk about Poida beating him 4 out of the last 5 times and you will get him easy!!
Noted :twisted:

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2009, 09:32 PM
Par 5's - Binningup - Birdie, birdie, par
Bunbury - Awesome bogey with 3 off the tee and a chip out, par
Kennedy - Eagle, par

Par 3's - Binningup - Double, double, bogey
Bunbury - Bogey, Bogey, Double
Kennedy - Double, Double

That about sums it up right there.

7 par 5's - total score 32
8 par 3's - total score 35

I love my driver.

dc68
7th February 2009, 09:37 PM
par 5's - total score 32
8 par 3's - total score 35.

OUCH :shock:!!

mike
7th February 2009, 10:35 PM

:?

Was it tee up ?

Dotty
7th February 2009, 10:36 PM
81, net 70 (equiv. 37 points)

Good - Ex-demo Vokey 56-08 with Wed. winnings went very well.
Bad - Started double, double (over-confident clown)
Ugly - Asked to caddy for pennants tomorrow at Penrith in 40*C heat

Courty
7th February 2009, 10:49 PM
:?

Was it tee up ?

Yup. :(

mike
7th February 2009, 10:55 PM
I've never played tee up.

Do you tee up on short little chips ?

Courty
7th February 2009, 10:57 PM
I've never played tee up.

Do you tee up on short little chips ?

Depends on the lie. Sometimes you have to.

mike
7th February 2009, 10:58 PM
putts ?

Courty
7th February 2009, 11:00 PM
:-s

haysey
7th February 2009, 11:01 PM
Depends on the lie. Sometimes you have to.

Hey, how prophetic was hitting flop shots off driver tees during the week:roll:

TheNuclearOne
7th February 2009, 11:45 PM
Another good day which shows i have definitely got my shit together better the last month. Been concentrating on getting rid of noticable swaying and dipping.

4 ball best ball stroke event, official opening day 2009 shotgun start. 15 handicap.

The mate (20 cap) had possibly his worst day ever, which was rare as the last 3 or 4 times we've played pair events he's been the one pulling me thru with me erratic.

Bogie, birdie, par starting at hole 16 for me and onto the front 9.

Bogey, par, par and i am one over for 6 and scored every hole.

Boge, double, boge, boge, boge, par to finish the front 9. Pisspoor string of holes and the mate scored on the one i had double. 7 over 42 for the front and i am 7 over for 12.

Par, par (missed 6 foot bird), par, 7 over for 15. The rot set in and i finish double, boge, double. Simple mistakes rather than huge misses.

12 over for the day in solid winds with a shyte finish, 64 team net and i scored on 15 holes. 79, 81, 83, 86, 83 would be my last 5 rounds social and comp which is a good improvement from where i was.

26 putts.

TheNuclearOne
7th February 2009, 11:46 PM
The mate and i played a 2 ball ambrose just after the comp for fun and went two under for 9.

adlo
8th February 2009, 12:35 AM
Par 5's - Binningup - Birdie, birdie, par
Bunbury - Awesome bogey with 3 off the tee and a chip out, par
Kennedy - Eagle, par

Par 3's - Binningup - Double, double, bogey
Bunbury - Bogey, Bogey, Double
Kennedy - Double, Double

That about sums it up right there.

7 par 5's - total score 32
8 par 3's - total score 35

I love my driver.
Ouch :shock:

Whatever happened to "I live and die by my lob wedge and putter"?

adlo
8th February 2009, 05:00 PM
A few snaps from Bunbury GC yesterday, an excuse to test out the so called 5 MP camera in my new phone, and results look pretty good. This is the green looking back at the par 5 7th.http://s3.supload.com/files/default/07022009016.jpgAnd the par 3 8th, at which Johnny Canuck could not hit the green from the blue or the the red tees :)http://s3.supload.com/files/default/07022009017.jpg

dc68
8th February 2009, 06:24 PM
Nasty round today was all over the shop with a return of 34 points. Saved by an eagle on 18 for a 3 a 4. Really should have been better save for 2 wipes on the back 9.

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2009, 06:29 PM
It wasn't the lob wedge and the putter that was killing me. It was a stern refusal to hit every single par 3 green. I couldn't use the lob wedge at Binningup due to the thick, spongy grass.

Bunbury, I am blaming the crap bunkers with no sand.

Kennedy, I am blaming the bunker on the 3rd having more sand than Bunbury and I am blaming the bunker on the 6th for swallowing my putt up the hill.

adlo
8th February 2009, 06:34 PM
Look at those pictures, Bunbury bunkers were full of beautiful sand.

Lob wedge at Binningup, that is poor course/club management. You even had 15 clubs in the bag!!

You cant blame KB bunkers, you practically live at that place.

Blame the brain melts!

gazgolf1
8th February 2009, 06:55 PM
Nice round of 42pts for Peter rs today at Nudgee for a 3rd in Div1.....cop this the winner played off 13 and had 48pts. :shock:
38pts for myself.

AndyP
8th February 2009, 07:37 PM
Nice round of 42pts for Peter rs today at Nudgee for a 3rd in Div1.....cop this the winner played off 13 and had 48pts. :shock:
38pts for myself.So he should have played matchplay at Wynnum before the handicap chop?

Nice round, Pete.

Eag's
8th February 2009, 07:47 PM
38pts for myself.

Well played Pete, shame about the Hcp reduction though hehehe! ;)

peter_rs
9th February 2009, 10:36 AM
Nudgee Sat Monthly Medal
teed of 10
86/71 CCR 72.
47/39
Just a nothing round lots of duffed shots... 1 OB... the only time I took 3 wood. Not much luck and I 3 putted the 9th (my 18th). It could have been a lot better but I'm more then happy I turned with a goal to shoot under 43 to break 90 which would have been good for a stroke round... :)

The front nine took 2 hours the back nine took 3 hours the group in front lost 2 holes... I put a complaint in but its pushing up hill since it was board members in the group.

Nudgee Sun Single Stab
teed of 1
42 points CCR 37.
41/39
Just a solid round.... nothing great nothing bad no wipes. I made the decision before the round to take my gap wedge & 3 wood out of play (based on the day before)... only duffed 2 shots and missed 2 short putts. Still room to improve but I'm happy.

The funny thing is my short game is shit & I cann't hit a fwy or hyb, It has never been this bad I have been saying to shazza I need to go to the range for weeks. On the otherside my driver, iron & putter play is near its best. The good news is my swing "changes" I started at new years appear to be paying off...2.7 off the hcp since New years. 1.8 on the weekend.

I have 3 months to drop a few more shots... Or shazza to go out...

Eags do you want to play soon or wait till I give you a shot ;)

dc68
9th February 2009, 11:17 AM
Nice round there RS.