PDA

View Full Version : South Course at Nudgee

zuppers
1st February 2009, 05:05 PM
I am having my first hit at Nudgee Golf Club on the south course 2morrow. Can anyone let me know what the course is like if you have played it before?.

Thanks

sms316
1st February 2009, 05:07 PM
This thread could be the one to get jarro beyond 25,000 posts...

Jarro
1st February 2009, 05:07 PM
It'll be in good nick, the greens will be great (they always are)

Fairways and surrounds will be nice and lush after the recent rains.

Have a good one :)

AndyP
1st February 2009, 07:28 PM
Enjoy it while it is still there......

It used to be a bit of a visitor's course, as opposed to the member's course that they looked after and didn't neglect, but they put some effort into it and it's not a bad course now. Although I haven't played there in ages, I'd expect condition to be pretty good, especially the greens.
I don't think it's overly long, and I've always found it to be relatively easy.

shazza_rs
1st February 2009, 07:30 PM
Conditioning should be good.... the ladies play comp on there on saturdays. And the occasional friday comp is on there too. It's not neglected.... in fact there seem to be more and more social groups on the north course these days.

You shouldn't get in too much trouble. It's relatively easy, but there are some difficult holes. I actually enjoy the layout on the south more than the north. Have fun.

Jarro
1st February 2009, 07:36 PM
Conditioning should be good.... the ladies play comp on there on saturdays. And the occasional friday comp is on there too. It's not neglected.... in fact there seem to be more and more social groups on the north course these days.

You shouldn't get in too much trouble. It's relatively easy, but there are some difficult holes. I actually enjoy the layout on the south more than the north. Have fun.

17 being the main offender :smt093

AndyP
1st February 2009, 08:23 PM
I hate the 17th.

shazza_rs
1st February 2009, 08:32 PM
me too.... you know i actually wouldnt mind it if there wasn't a ****ing pump shed in the middle of the water crossing.

TheTrueReview
1st February 2009, 08:33 PM
Played there Friday morning. It's in good condition. It looked like the greens had just been fertilised because of some fine latent granules on parts of some of the greens. It was as windy as all hell. It seemed like I was either always playing into a headwind or contending with a right to left.

Yes, the par five 17th is a little 'gem' isn't it. The flag was left side of the green & having a cozy little snuggle with the greenside bunker. So glad I put my third shot into it. http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/bonk.gif