PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch v BrisVegas

BrisVegas
31st January 2009, 07:58 PM
In a low scoring match today at Glades.....:lol:.... we finished ALL SQUARE.

I'm disgusted with my putting after todays effort on bent greens.

Rematch to be determined. Possbily at McLeod Cup or a Sunday comp sometime in Feb/March....

Thanks for the game Colin, nice to meet a new ozgolfer.

UPDATE:

Match was replayed at Brookwater on Sunday 1st March with BrisVegas winning 3&2.

Jarro
31st January 2009, 07:59 PM
Go Sasquach !!!!!!!!!!!

sms316
31st January 2009, 08:00 PM
This match had all the quality of Ozgolf's first nil-all draw.

It was almost a case of neither player deserved to progress.

sms316
31st January 2009, 08:01 PM
Go Sasquach !!!!!!!!!!!
Why the love for SQ? BV been sending you messages? :wink:

Jarro
31st January 2009, 08:01 PM
How were the pies ?

sms316
31st January 2009, 08:02 PM
Too hot for pies. The pie girl however....

BrisWesty
31st January 2009, 09:50 PM
Too hot for pies. The pie girl however....

Photos?

PeteyD
31st January 2009, 09:52 PM
This thread is useless without pics.

Sasquatch
1st February 2009, 03:18 PM
Thank you for the game BrisVegas! A big day of firsts for me. First OZgolf game, first matchplay game, first time at The Glades & first time playing with a gentleman off a handicap of 1. I'm glad GCSwinger convinced me to drink beer & relax. Felt like I was in the wrong place as soon as I drove in past the guy coming out in his Ferrari Spider with clubs on the passenger seat.

sms316
1st February 2009, 03:23 PM
first time playing with a gentleman off a handicap of 1.
May all other Ozgolfers take note of this post...

Eag's
1st February 2009, 03:29 PM
May all other Ozgolfers take note of this post...

He will learn soon enough ;)

PeteyD
1st February 2009, 05:16 PM
Who the hell is he talking about?

AndyP
1st February 2009, 07:29 PM
Was Jack there? And is he playing off 1?

BTW don't count on the McLeod Cup for the re-match. Although I'm surprised that Vegas has mentioned that he would play it so early. Usually he nay says it until the last minute. Unless the scheduling is different to the BDGA site, the McLeod Cup is on Easter Saturday. This will certainly reduce numbers, including myself.

BrisVegas
1st March 2009, 08:29 PM
rematch went down today. I snuck away with the win, in another high scoring event. sasquatch played some great golf and won plenty of holes. I can't see you staying on 22 hcap for long if you can eliminate a couple of the stray shots a round. Your good shots are really good. In the end though, I had a few less disasters. Thanks for the games Col and thanks for refereeing gcswinger.

3&2 win to BrisVegas.

Eag's
1st March 2009, 08:31 PM
Well done Dion, bad luck Sasquatch.

PeteyD
1st March 2009, 08:32 PM
Whenwe playing Dion? How long until I need to stop swinging like a one armed monkey?

BrisVegas
1st March 2009, 08:37 PM
no rush pete. i got a few home games & family hols booked thru Easter, so maybe something after Easter at somewhere between Reddy Bay & Ippy.

PeteyD
1st March 2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds good. I would like a crack at Northlakes or Pac HArbour again if we can organise it.

BrisVegas
1st March 2009, 08:48 PM
Pac Harbour suits me as I got a freebie voucher for there, so just gotta find a cheap deal for you.

Sasquatch
2nd March 2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks again BrisVegas & gcswinger. You played well Dion & it certainly was a challenge to try & keep up with you. A challenge I wasn't up to obviously but good nonetheless. I just wish I had a camera for your Tiger Woods/Jamie Dury rock moving moment.

BrisVegas
2nd March 2009, 11:11 AM
I just wish I had a camera for your Tiger Woods/Jamie Dury rock moving moment.

if you can move it (with a bobcat?) it's a loose impediment right? :lol: Didn't help me anyway, as I hit yet another ****ing tree with my chip out! I swear every time I tried to chip out for safety, I clipped a tree.... karma I spose for playing you at my home course.

sms316
2nd March 2009, 11:14 AM
Did this match reach the dizzy heights of the first encounter?
:lol:

BrisVegas
2nd March 2009, 11:18 AM
Did this match reach the dizzy heights of the first encounter?
:lol:

yes. :oops:

BrisVegas
2nd March 2009, 11:53 AM
ok, here's what i could remember of the match....

1st. BV down the middle, 100 out. SQ worm burner, lost ball. reloaded. etc etc. BV pulled approach into LH trap, but makes bogey for the win. BV 1up.

2nd. BV down the middle, 140 out. SQ down the middle, 135 out. BV pulled approach into LH trap. SQ hits a nice high approach, but clips a tree and finds RH hazard at the green. SQ attempts to chip out of creekbed, but stays in the hazard. Gets out of creek for 4, then makes an up and down for 6. BV plays out of bunker to 8 feet but misses putt for par, makes 5. Hole halved. BV 1up.

3rd. BV overcooks it thru the fairway straight. SQ does the same, but in right trees. SQ has crappy lie and cant advance it much. SQ eventually hits it thru the green and has a wipe. BV wedges it close, but misses birdie putt. BV 2up.

4th. BV blocks it out into the trees. SQ smashes is down the guts. BV chips out, then hits 3 wood to 50m short. SQ plays safely up the middle. BV flubs two chip shots and makes an ugly 8. SQ wins holes comfortably. BV 1up.

5th. BV hits 7 iron to 15 feet. SQ misses green pin high right. SQ hits an awesome flop shot over traps to 6-8 feet. BV lips out for bird, makes par. SQ misses par, makes bogey. hole halved. BV 1up.

6th. SQ down the middle, 150 out. BV hits it just short of hazard in the rough, 90m out. BV comes up short of green. SQ's apprach pin high, just right of green. BV gets up and down for par. SQ gets up and down for par, but wins hole with the shot. ALL SQUARE.

7th. SQ comes up short of green on the par 3. BV on the green, not close. SQ hits a nice lob shot to about 10 feet. Both of us 3-jag from there to make bogey & double bogeys. hole halved. ALL SQUARE

8th. SQ belts it down the middle. BV also down the middle, outhit by both SQ & GCSwinger. BV catches trees down the left with layup hybrid, but is 120m out. SQ mis-hits layup to finish 160 out. SQ puts 3rd just off the back of the green. BV puts approach to 15 feet. BV makes birdie. SQ misses up and down attempt, makes bogey. BV wins hole. BV 1up.

9th. BV down the middle, 100 out. SQ smashes it down the middle, 70 out. BV misses green left with wedge. SQ misses green right with lobbie. both make bogeys. hole halved. BV 1 up thru 9.

10th. BV down just left of fairway in GUR. SQ misses fairway right. SQ comes up short of green. BV hits wedge to 6 feet. BV birdies to win the hole. BV 2 up.

11th. BV down the middle with hybrid, 130 out. SQ way right in trees. Reloads just in case. SQ finds first one and chips to a decent spot in fairway. hole halved. BV 2up

12th. BV hits best drive of day to be 80 out in the middle. SQ misses fairway right, but is 150 out with a shot at the green. SQ comes up short, but chips close. BV pulls apprach shot into LH trap (geez i do that a lot!). BV flums first bunker shot, then hits next one to 6 feet, makes double. SQ wins the hole with a par/bogey? BV 2 up.

13th. SQ & BV both miss fairway right. SQ & BV both hit trees on attempted to chip outs. SQ find fairway with his 3rd. BV clips a tree with 3rd shot and finds trees on opposite side of fairway. BV punches out (finally) to 80m. SQ comes up short of green, then hits it over the back. BV comes up just short with 5th shot, but gets up and down for 7. BV wins with a dub. BV 3up.

14th. BV finds the middle of the green. SQ comes up short left. SQ chips onto green and makes 4. BV 2-putts for 3. hole halved. BV 3 up.

15th. BV blocks drive right into the trees. SQ down the middle. BV shifts a few rocks with a bobcat to clear a path for chip out, then hits tree with wedge. BV (still away) has a crack at green from the trees and hits it thru the green into the hazard behind green. SQ makes par and wins the hole. BV 2 up.

16th. SQ misses the green long and left into the creek. BV hits 7 iron to 6 feet. SQ takes a penalty drop, but has to settle for a 5. BV misses bird, but makes par to win the match 3&2.

17 & 18. BV pars both after the match is over.