PDA

View Full Version : FBR Open

Eag's
30th January 2009, 08:27 PM
Good to see James Nitties get of to his best start yet on the PGA Tour with a 6 Under 65 :)
I hope he can keep it going 8-)
http://www.pgatour.com/2009/tournaments/r003/01/29/recap_round1/index.html

Jarro
30th January 2009, 08:46 PM
James Nitties ...

... isn't he our NBT ?

;)

Dotty
30th January 2009, 10:07 PM
He took the NBT monicker off Nick Flanagan, only to be dethroned by Jason Day.

virge666
31st January 2009, 12:21 AM
He was fantastic in front of the cameras.

He made Rich Lerner look like a real tosser - which is not difficult, but I thought he did damn well.

TheTrueReview
31st January 2009, 12:43 AM
James Nitties ...

... isn't he our NBT ?

;)

He took the NBT monicker off Nick Flanagan, only to be dethroned by Jason Day.

I remember he scorched his first (or second?) round at the Aust PGA a couple of years ago.

I think he's really proved his toughness & dedication to date. While a lot of young Aussie golfers were back in Aust for the summer tournaments this year, he was in the US putting his proverbials on the block in Q-School.

Rather than being a NBT, I think it is just a case of his hard work & dedication paying off.

virge666
31st January 2009, 08:45 PM
It is one of the best tornaments of the year to watch. I was there a few years ago.

If you can tape the 3rd Round... great commentators, great atmosphere and the course is harder than it use to be.

Well worth it.

zuppers
1st February 2009, 05:44 PM
Lucky you Virge. I have not been to the USA as of yet but I would love to go there one day just to watch a PGA tournament. I do not care which one it is, any will do!!!. I will get there oneday, I know I will and the wife will have to be lied to, to come along.It would be a blast mate. I have been to a couple of NZ opens and the golf was good but no names in a way playing in them. I would love to experience watching top players and all the happenings with a big tournament. What does it feel like to watch the top players hit their shots?

BrisVegas
1st February 2009, 08:38 PM
is this on FTA tv ?

Grunt
1st February 2009, 08:39 PM
Not that I have seen down here Dion, on FoxSports.

virge666
1st February 2009, 10:30 PM
Veetle TV = FREE

Ned
1st February 2009, 10:38 PM
Veetle TV = FREE

Watching it on the laptop whilst working on the desktop.

adlo
2nd February 2009, 09:09 AM
Nitties looking good for a top 3 finish, excellent start to the year for him.

Grunt
2nd February 2009, 09:12 AM
Just had a bogie on 17 and has just put his Drive on 18 into the Fairway bunker. Hope he holds on.

Craig_Syd
2nd February 2009, 02:53 PM
Congratulations to James, after a few hard years of toil he finally has cracked it for a nice check and the belief he can play with the big boys. Here's hoping he can continue on positively from here...

Grunt
2nd February 2009, 03:24 PM
He did very well indeed. Hope he gets a run at a few more tournaments as the year goes on because of the results of last weekend. I heard an interview with him last weekend and he was very confident and also realistic in the same sense. He mentioned how his status in the tour means he can only play the lesser tournaments until dropouts in the more popular ones.

3oneday
2nd February 2009, 04:02 PM
Well, he's probably what, a 3rd of the way to retaining his card ? It's a start at least 8)