PDA

View Full Version : Finally a better pic of my home track

Bruce
30th January 2009, 07:00 AM
In looking for the fire sites on google maps last night I noticed they have a better resolution pic of the area and you can now see the holes at Mirboo North.

The photo must be taken from a bit of an angle from the south and is not straight down so the height of the trees makes it look ludicrously tight instead of just tight. eg. You can't see the 4th at all thanks to the massive trees behind the green.

You can see the gully that cuts its' way across the 2nd and 8th down to the 7th tee. It's pretty deep and is a major feature on both those holes.

kpac
30th January 2009, 08:01 AM
Played it a couple of times now. It's a pretty enjoyably track. Couple of nice holes, and condition of greens was very good last time is was there. Look's like it's in a bloody rainforest in those photo's though. I wouldn't say it was particularly 'tight' more that once you found the trees they are thick....

jimandr
30th January 2009, 06:45 PM
From what I heard on the news today about bushfires in that part of Victoria, you might need to save that photo as a memory of better times.

Any news of that subject Bruce?

Eag's
30th January 2009, 07:21 PM
Wow Bruce, that does look like a tight track :shock:

PeteyD
30th January 2009, 08:32 PM
One of the fires was supposed to be at Mooball north or whatever it is.

dc68
30th January 2009, 10:00 PM
Nice and green....... For Mexico!

Bruce
31st January 2009, 08:30 AM
The fire at Darlimurla continues to threaten not just the golf course but the town of Mirboo North. The town is in lockdown and today is gunna be scary.