PDA

View Full Version : G'day

oldmannoodles
29th January 2009, 03:56 PM
G'day gang,

My name is Ben and I'm in Melbourne. I scratch around in high single-figures at Heidelberg and have always loved playing and talking about the great game of golf.

I collect and refinish a few putters in my spare time and have spent far too much time on the forum at PutterTalk. I look forward to being able to discuss other areas of the game here (and not have to deal with so many Yanks!).

Cheers,
Ben

moree golfer
29th January 2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome OMN. What's the story behind your moniker? I figure you might have a thing for Ping, judging by your avatar. What is the avatar exactly, an old Ping poster? Any chance you could blow it up for us to read.

dc68
29th January 2009, 04:13 PM
Welcome.

oldmannoodles
29th January 2009, 04:15 PM
No probs - hopefully they've attached ok.

I got these from the no.1 Ping guru from the States. His username is Lumpy on PutterTalk and he knows more about the history of Ping and all the models than any man alive I reckon.

My moniker? Long story ;)

Dotty
29th January 2009, 04:47 PM
Welcome, and look forward to reading your posts.

BrisVegas
29th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome noodles. What's in your bag? Can I assume it's a Ping?!

oldmannoodles
29th January 2009, 05:15 PM
Welcome noodles. What's in your bag? Can I assume it's a Ping?!

At the moment, no. I think part of the reason for my fascination for putters is the fact that I can't putt to save myself. Therefore, I have a different weapon every time I go out. At the moment I'm switching between an Itsy Bitsy Spider (ugly but effective) and a Bettinardi BB10 (milled around 1992 I think - pics attached).

I do love my Pings however, and there's a few models that go in the bag occasionally

Dotty
30th January 2009, 08:45 AM
... I can't putt to save myself. ...

Looking at those pictures, your carpet is unsuitable for practicing at home. Try something less sculptured, preferably loop-pile and a stimpmeter reading of 9-10.

oldmannoodles
30th January 2009, 08:57 AM
Looking at those pictures, your carpet is unsuitable for practicing at home. Try something less sculptured, preferably loop-pile and a stimpmeter reading of 9-10.

Maybe that's been my problem :-k

markTHEblake
30th January 2009, 09:23 AM
Ben, how many putters do you have?

oldmannoodles
30th January 2009, 09:40 AM
Ben, how many putters do you have?

Bout 80. Is that bad?

Flowergirl
30th January 2009, 10:07 AM
Yes - that is a problem!! Welcome to another fellow Victorian.:mrgreen:

markTHEblake
30th January 2009, 11:51 AM
Bout 80. Is that bad?

thought you might have been a collector i ran into around those parts, but only 80 - you aint him. If i remember correctly he had over 100 pings, let alone the rest of them.

Courty
30th January 2009, 06:48 PM
Bout 80. Is that bad?

All of a sudden Haysey doesn't look so bad. ;) :lol:

Oh, and welcome OMN. :mrgreen:

razaar
31st January 2009, 06:24 PM
Ben...don't be modest show the boys pics of your mg ping collection; has to be the best private collection of early pings south of the equator. Welcome by the way.

oldmannoodles
1st February 2009, 09:07 AM
Ben...don't be modest show the boys pics of your mg ping collection; has to be the best private collection of early pings south of the equator. Welcome by the way.

G'day Ray, how they treating you here? I'll chuck a few pics up of the collection once I've sorted how best to upload them - they've come up as thumbnails so far.

razaar
1st February 2009, 02:04 PM
Ben

The pics will be much better if you use a host site like photobucket. Send me a pm if you have any difficulties. Have you melted yet...