PDA

View Full Version : 3, 4 iron back into my bag

andylo
8th December 2004, 10:43 AM
Decided to ditch the 2 x PP Select5000 (22* and 25*) off the bag and put the 3 and 4 iron back into play....

Good luck to self!! :wink: :lol:

markTHEblake
8th December 2004, 10:51 AM
OK thats it.

Andy, you gotta go cold turkey or you will crack.

davidp
8th December 2004, 10:54 AM
A-Lo, what are you going to do with the iRod shaft then? :wink:

andylo
8th December 2004, 11:21 AM
A-Lo, what are you going to do with the iRod shaft then? :wink:

Maxfli ;)

andylo
8th December 2004, 11:23 AM
What is "cold turkey"?

OK thats it.

Andy, you gotta go cold turkey or you will crack.

davidp
8th December 2004, 11:42 AM
A-Lo, "cold turkey" is a term used to describe the process used of quitting something abruptly.

eg. Darren Clarke went cold turkey in quitting smoking. He gave up smoking one day and hasn't had a puff since.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 12:38 PM
Hmm, after that spray i don't feel as though i can't say this.. but;

A-Ho, learn to hit your 3- and 4-irons. Hybrids are great, but i gotta say if you can't control a long-iron, then you will never master this game.

So instead of going to the range and blasting 40 with the R7 TP, and 40 with 7-PW, take out the 5, then 4, then 3-irons - and learn to hit them!

andylo
8th December 2004, 12:46 PM
Whats next, the order you're going to arrange the irons in your bag ???
The discussion of whether or not you polish your clubs using the clockwise or anti-clockwise method.

Sounds like a good idea, thanks 69 :smt008

AndyP
8th December 2004, 12:57 PM
A-lo
You really have to stop posting every little thought that pops into your head.
#-o ](*,)

Maybe he needs to start a new thread for all of these questions/comments.
So instead of having a thread/topic like "Ask Bruce" over at the other forum, we'll have something like "AndyLo Asks". :wink:

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 01:00 PM
A-lo
#-o ](*,)

Maybe he needs to start a new thread for all of these questions/comments.
So instead of having a thread/topic like "Ask Bruce" over at the other forum, we'll have something like "AndyLo Asks". :wink:

Better still, we could have "69'er Flames" - where anyone can post freely and he can let loose on Home Territory.

Of course the dob button would be disabled.

saintsational
8th December 2004, 01:03 PM
and if you cant hit them.. get a callaway 3 & 4 iron. cheaper than a hybrid and easier to hit i rekon.

andylo
8th December 2004, 02:30 PM
Actually the point of this thread is trying to see what's you guys reaction/opinion on a hack like me should hit with long irons or not.

Thanks for the input fellas ;)

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 03:08 PM
You're threads have a point?? :lol: :roll:

McMw
8th December 2004, 09:50 PM
took hold of a fatshaft Deep Red 1 iron yesterday.....piss easy to use!!! off the tee...
took out the 5wood, and have it in the bag... :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Choppa
8th December 2004, 10:06 PM
You haven't yet told us why you are making this change A-Ho. :?

andylo
8th December 2004, 10:20 PM
Well... the club fitter I am currently using is also a PGA pro and he think I should trust myself and use the iron.

He agree the util woods are easier to hit but the accuracy is no where close to the irons.

He knows I am a golf nut and he reckon although currently I am suck big time using iron will give me more benefit in the long run.

Also a few ppl around suggest me using iron instead. So I give myself this week (or maybe next week as well if it rains too much) a try and see how it goes.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 10:34 PM
You spent 3 lines telling us how everyone (including your coaches) is telling you to use your long irons, then close by saying you will give it 1 week, perhaps 2. It takes longer than that to build confidence.

If you don't want advice mate, don't ask for it! ;)

Jarro
9th December 2004, 05:22 AM
i wanna see you hitting some nice, crisp 4 irons into some of these par 5's tomorrow A-Ho :wink:

Jono
9th December 2004, 06:27 AM
Andylo,

Long irons, IMO, are no more accurate than the hybrids. Hybrids are definitely easier to hit. The only real advantage with the long irons is that you can keep the ball down a bit easier than the hybrids. As you know, my 2 iron up to 5 iron are all hybrids. I am really happy with these.

I would have thought that the common advice for the beginner would be to use the hybrids rather than long irons ... anyway, see how you go ...

BTW ... in my book, it's OK to post any little thought that comes into your head as long as it's golf related. :wink:

BrisVegas
9th December 2004, 10:12 AM
i wanna see you hitting some nice, crisp 4 irons into some of these par 5's tomorrow A-Ho :wink:

Good luck!! :shock: :lol: From the back markers at Gailes, I don't think any of the par 5's is reachable in two. Maybe the first, but that'd be with a 3 wood.

I reckon even 70 nett will win it tomorrow. Just hope it's me who shoots it! :wink:

davidp
9th December 2004, 11:07 AM
A-Lo, it's interesting to hear your teacher recommending you go back to your 3, 4 irons.

I would have thought that confidence is a major factor at this point in time of your development and sticking with your hybrids would be a little easier on the nerves.

I've gone back to playing a hybrid 2i with the rest of my clubs now shovels to help my confidence a bit. Confidence is everything in golf.

However if you make a decision, give it time to work. I think The Fishman makes an excellent point...

andylo
9th December 2004, 03:26 PM
Just come back from Lakeland.... had an enjoyable wonderful day (but shoot craps) but anyway....

hit a couple 3/4 irons.... honestly it doesn't feel any better nor worst.... I dunno much, tell you guys what happen tomorrow.

Fishman Dan
9th December 2004, 06:03 PM
hit a couple 3/4 irons.... honestly it doesn't feel any better nor worst....

That's 1 round since you decided to keep going. What did you expect, a miracle? Keep going, you have to persist..

McMw
9th December 2004, 06:23 PM
is that you're hitting your 3 and 4 irons are you're hitting 3/4 iron shots??? :smt017

Jarro
9th December 2004, 06:35 PM
is that you're hitting your 3 and 4 irons are you're hitting 3/4 iron shots??? :smt017

I think he's saying that he hit a couple of 3 and 4 irons today :wink:

I'm playing with A-Lo tomorrow (hopefully) so i'll give you all a report on how he's going with his long irons :lol:

mike
11th December 2004, 06:24 PM
A-lo

Disagree 69.

Andy's " I've got the munchies " thread is , in my opinion , the thread of the year.

:D