PDA

View Full Version : Cricket - Game 2 vs New Zealand

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 09:21 AM
Game 2 today, and i've got to say that a 50-over match is unlikely.

Not raining yet, but currently cloudy, but they've been warning a storm for days now. I bet today is the day. If it's a typical Sydney storm, it will be over in an hour and maybe 3-5 overs lost per team (it will chuck down a heap of rain in no time).

Very humid, i reckon it will favour the team batting 2nd. 220 should win it.

So what if it's called off? That means that costly over from Kaspa didn't cost Australia the game - IT COST US THE SERIES!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

AndyP
8th December 2004, 10:24 AM
So what if it's called off? That means that costly over from Kaspa didn't cost Australia the game - IT COST US THE SERIES!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Is that the case if it finishes 1-1 after the Gabba match (which may be affected by rain also)?

It is the first time they have played for the trophy, so there isn't a current holder to give the trophy to in the result of a tied series. :?

markTHEblake
8th December 2004, 10:47 AM
who goes to the dunny at the cricket?

bloody queue is to long. I went to the GF in adelaide a while back and at qtr time all 4 walls in the dunny were getting utilised .... (thats scumbag croweaters for you)

AndyP
8th December 2004, 01:15 PM
Very humid, i reckon it will favour the team batting 2nd. 220 should win it.
Aussies chose to bat first. :neutral:

Gillespie, McGrath in. Kasprowicz, Watson out.
I'm a bit disappointed that Watson is out, hopefully I will get to see him at the Gabba.

Golfgirl
8th December 2004, 01:20 PM
Have faith Dan - we'll be fine.... you don't honestly think that the silly Kiwi's are better than us at cricket, do you??? :shock:

I feel a bit sorry for Kaspa, but I'm happy to see McGrath back for this game.....

Trung
8th December 2004, 01:46 PM
Silly question for you all..

Michael Bevan.. why isn't he in the team?

A year ago, he was the No.1 pick for the one day team :?

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 01:49 PM

I think they decided it was time to put him out to pasture. He wasn't the most exciting cricketer, but by jeez he got the job done more often than not.

What's more bizarre is that NSW axed him in favour of more youth. Surely he would have been good to have around to guide the youngsters? He's going gang-busters for the Tassies, so all the best to him.

Golfgirl
8th December 2004, 01:51 PM

I don't know......

I find it quite unbelievable.....

He's the best one day cricketer in the world....

The ACB all need to be shot - silly b@$tards!!!! :evil: :evil:

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 01:58 PM
8 overs gone, 0-for-70 :shock:

Gilly 48. Um.... can i change my early prediction? :oops:

AndyP
8th December 2004, 02:39 PM
8 overs gone, 0-for-70 :shock:

Gilly 48. Um.... can i change my early prediction? :oops:
No. :P
Do you want to change it to a 300+ score now?

1/111

Gilly out for sixty in 48 balls. It would be nice to see him hang around a bit longer, but I guess that's not his style.

He's the best one day cricketer in the world....
He was the best one day cricketer, but towards the end he was starting to struggle for form, and seemed to be batting slower than usual.
He was also a pretty ordinary fielder, and he was no longer called upon to bowl his chinamen.

Having said that, I wouldn't have dropped him. :smt102
Australia's and NSW's loss is Tasmania's gain.

As I said in another thread, if it's a youth policy, why is Lehmann still in the side?

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 03:20 PM
And now 5/148.

I stand by my earlier prediction. Although they don't appear to be swinging the ball, just spastics (see "Martyn" and "Symonds") can't hit the ball.

Symonds is taking up fresh air on this planet, dead set.

AndyP
8th December 2004, 03:24 PM
Symonds is taking up fresh air on this planet, dead set.
Do you think he just volunteered to rest for the next match?
I volunteer him, although I bet the selectors don't because he is a QLDer. :roll:

Jarro
8th December 2004, 03:31 PM
BAH, it's all just a ploy to put the pressure on wonderboy :roll:

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 03:35 PM
BAH, it's all just a ploy to put the pressure on wonderboy :roll:

Symond's one and only performance was the World Cup, in a match that in hindsight you'd have to say was fixed (after all, it was the Paki's).

What do they say? Form is temporary, Class is Permanent.

Sack him, for the sake of cricket.... At least he's taking the heat off Kaspa... :roll:

Jarro
8th December 2004, 03:42 PM
Sack him, for the sake of cricket.... At least he's taking the heat off Kaspa... :roll:

so who would you play instead of him :? I'm still not totally convinced that Boof should be in there either :roll:

.. oh, and by the way, wonderboy just got out ... sack him !!!!

AndyP
8th December 2004, 03:53 PM

so who would you play instead of him :? I'm still not totally convinced that Boof should be in there either :roll:
Watson.
Can bat and is OK with the ball. Still needs some work, but is getting better.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 03:55 PM
.. oh, and by the way, wonderboy just got out ... sack him !!!!

Wonderboy... it's "The Future of Australian Cricket" - no less.

Your parochialism is fair Jarro, but unwarranted. After all, at least TFOAC has scored a run in his last 2 digs... :lol:

terryand
8th December 2004, 05:14 PM
Simmo is worth his weight in gold in the field.

He is hands down the best fieldsman (in any position,good in close and an arm like a bullet for the deep) in the Aussie team if not the world.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 05:24 PM

He is hands down the best fieldsman (in any position,good in close and an arm like a bullet for the deep) in the Aussie team if not the world.

Oh no, not another one. You QLD'ers never give up.

You can't pick a bloke for his fielding?!

Besides, i draw your attention to that over - again (last time i promise). The 3rd boundary - hit straight. It's just beats the man at long off - Symonds. He's 10 metres in from the rope.

Not sure of how many of you played cricket, but in a run chase you are protecting boundaries, you want every man ON THE ROPE/FENCE/WITCHES HATS. If he was on the rope, it was 2 runs. If i was the captain, i'd have given him a serve.

He's got the hair for it - he's a freakin' clown.

terryand
8th December 2004, 05:31 PM

Oh no, not another one. You QLD'ers never give up.

Besides, i draw your attention to that over - again (last time i promise). The 3rd boundary - hit straight. It's just beats the man at long off - Symonds. He's 10 metres in from the rope.

Not sure of how many of you played cricket, but in a run chase you are protecting boundaries, you want every man ON THE ROPE/FENCE/WITCHES HATS. If he was on the rope, it was 2 runs. If i was the captain, i'd have given him a serve.

He's got the hair for it - he's a freakin' clown.

Quick will someone help me reel this big sucker in, took the bait in record time but I am having trouble gettin him in the boat :wink:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 05:32 PM
No way Tex, i'm so right it hurts ;) :lol:

Jarro
8th December 2004, 05:35 PM
I'm still not totally convinced that Boof should be in there either :roll:

well once again i've managed to inspire someone into action by bagging them .... Boofs 50 could be the difference in a tight one :wink:

terryand
8th December 2004, 05:36 PM
Fishy, I can't remember the shot you are talking about, but if was only 10 metres away from him and he couldn't get it, it must have been hit awfully hard.

If he couldn't cut it off no one in the team would have.

Terry.

Jarro
8th December 2004, 05:37 PM

says who :?

i'll be looking for you if Symonds has ANOTHER blinder in the field tonight Fishy :twisted:

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 05:40 PM
How can you not have a blinder in the field? In cricket you're called into action about a dozen times in total.

What's he got to do to have a shocker - drop the ball as they pass it around the circle on its way back to Lee? :?

terryand
8th December 2004, 05:42 PM
Lee off to a blinder...8 off the first over...would have been more if not for some Simmo saves.

Terry.

Onewood
8th December 2004, 06:20 PM

says who :?

Well "SAYS ME" the man knows his stuff :wink:

Been workin all day Fish :cry: but as usual you're handling this lot with ease :D

Quick will someone help me reel this big sucker in, took the bait in record time but I am having trouble gettin him in the boat

I think you've had them in the boat and was about to kiss them and throw them back in :wink: :D

AndyP
8th December 2004, 06:42 PM

Sure you can. Let's bring back Mark Waugh while we are at it, and stick Tubs at first slip too. :roll:

Nice wicket, Simmo. :?

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 06:49 PM
Nice wicket - bah.... it was an LBW. Coertzen is running scared from a poorly umpired test series. It could hit you in the chest and you'd get marched for LB ;)

Besides, his first over went for 9! :lol:

Onewood
8th December 2004, 06:51 PM
And he hit it :roll: :roll:

terryand
8th December 2004, 06:52 PM
He still ain't goin for 7 an over like your buddy ATM.

Terry.

Onewood
8th December 2004, 07:13 PM
Good to see we can have STATE against STATE in the same team :roll: are the Aussies that good that we have to barrack for members of the same team instead of the opposition :D

terryand
8th December 2004, 07:14 PM
5/84

GOOONE

Terry.

terryand
8th December 2004, 07:16 PM
Good to see we can have STATE against STATE in the same team :roll: are the Aussies that good that we have to barrack for members of the same team instead of the opposition :D

He started it DAD.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 07:44 PM
Ok, where were we. I am still stuck at work fixing bloody mail servers, try me... TRY ME! :lol: :lol:

What a powder-puff team these kiwi's are. At 5/150 or something i thought my prediction of 220 was on the money, but they let us get away.

And today has been the third consecutive day with predictions of 'storms', and we haven't had a drop of rain :roll:

AndyP
8th December 2004, 07:56 PM
Symonds is schizo. He can't even make up his mind, about whether he is bowling medium pacers or off spinners. :roll:

Jarro
8th December 2004, 08:09 PM
Symonds is schizo. He can't even make up his mind, about whether he is bowling medium pacers or off spinners. :roll:

.. must be tough to be able to bowl both :roll: I think it's called multi-skilled 8)

Kiwis are gone. 7/158 with Harris unlikely to bat.

wonder if the game at the 'Gabba will be rained out :? I hope not, i think it might turn out to be a really good match.

AndyP
8th December 2004, 08:23 PM
Have a look at Gilly's face when McCullum is given out, after hitting it onto his pad.
Interesting...

Onewood
8th December 2004, 08:27 PM
Have a look at Gilly's face when McCullum is given out, after hitting it onto his pad.
Interesting...

Bring in the third ump for LBs :?:

Wonder if he would have walked if Gilly caught it :D the Umpire did'nt think he hit it :roll:

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 09:06 PM
Need 21 from 20.

Again Ponting unable to close a team out. This is far from over - if Harry's shoulder is half-decent then they are a real chance!

So far, i'd like to see Martyn, Symonds, Kaspa and Ponting sacked. Hogg earned a reprieve tonight ;) :lol:

terryand
8th December 2004, 09:20 PM
Need 21 from 20.

Again Ponting unable to close a team out. This is far from over - if Harry's shoulder is half-decent then they are a real chance!

So far, i'd like to see Martyn, Symonds, Kaspa and Ponting sacked. Hogg earned a reprieve tonight ;) :lol:

The world according to "THE FISH"....Must be lonely at the top all by yourself mate.....All that knowledge you have, being able to fix everyones problems all by yourself :roll:

Terry.

Jarro
8th December 2004, 09:27 PM
pretty ordinary win by the Aussies tonight .. far too many worried looks with only 20 runs to get :evil:

I have to say, i haven't seen umpiring this bad for ages :!: we're talking about who should be axed from the Aussie side .... i think these 2 umpires should be given the boot as well :x

McMw
8th December 2004, 09:46 PM
three pages of interstate bickering, and only one mention of Hogg, who scored 41* and took 3for and the MOM....

must have been pretty ordinary by the rest of the team then... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
8th December 2004, 10:07 PM
...being able to fix everyones problems all by yourself :roll:

I think you mean "everyones problems but myself..."

:roll:

Choppa
8th December 2004, 10:09 PM
Dunno guys, I think it's good to actually see a match instead of a joke. :wink:

Normally I'd have flicked it off, but this time when it was a good chase I actually stayed tuned :)

Jarro
9th December 2004, 05:18 AM
three pages of interstate bickering, and only one mention of Hogg, who scored 41* and took 3for and the MOM....

must have been pretty ordinary by the rest of the team then... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he batted superbly when the team needed him too, and took a couple of crucial wickets ... Fleming being the main one.

It'll be interesting to see if he stays in the side for the Brissy game :? Shane Warne says the 'Gabba is his favourite track to bowl on in Australia, so maybe it'll help Hoggs cause as well.

AndyP
9th December 2004, 08:06 AM
But two of those wickets were dodgy LB decisions.

Need 21 from 20.

The world according to "THE FISH"....Must be lonely at the top all by yourself mate.....All that knowledge you have, being able to fix everyones problems all by yourself :roll:

Fishman, I won't argue to strongly against you on this. :wink: Give them all a "rest" for the match at the Gabba.

Ponting's captaincy is very ordinary. Obviously the talent he has had underneath has got him wins so far, but he is really struggling in the close ones.
What a great decision to bowl Boof with a few overs to go. :roll:
Lee and McGrath should have been brought on earlier.

I was a little disappointed with how Lee bowled at the death though. Instead of bowling bouncers, he should have bowled yorkers with the occasional slower ball. Didn't seem like very smart bowling, but he got away with it.