PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody recommend a Pro for lessons in sydney?

the_man
27th January 2009, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, as the title suggests I am looking at getting a few lessons.

I am probably not willing to pay a massive amount of money and I do not need the best pro in sydney. Just looking for someone who you believe was good value for money and really helped you play better golf.

Cheers in advance.

Scottt
27th January 2009, 10:52 AM
Where in Sydney are you?

uahmad
27th January 2009, 11:02 AM
I took a couple of lessons from George Serhan, his based at Marsden Park.

Straight shooter, tells you how it is and i thought he was great.

PM me and i can pass on his mobile number.

3oneday
27th January 2009, 11:44 AM
Gee, I better see George about my commission !

:lol:

amanda
27th January 2009, 11:54 AM
Dennise Hutton at Barton Park
http://www.dennisehutton.com/

the_man
27th January 2009, 03:37 PM
cool thank guys, I saw Denise as I have been down to barton park range a few times, she charges $100 an hour which I think is pretty expensive.

I am in South Sydney, I live near Beverly Park Golf Course.

Grunt
27th January 2009, 03:42 PM
The pro from Beverley Park teaches at the Tempe Driving range.

Also a mate of mine teaches at Botany Golf Club. Pretty good teacher.

Russ
27th January 2009, 03:47 PM
cool thank guys, I saw Denise as I have been down to barton park range a few times, she charges $100 an hour which I think is pretty expensive.

George Serhan @ Marsden Park is currently doing 1x 30min lesson for $50, or 5x 30min lessons for $200. (According to what was written on the chalk board there yesterday)

marsdenparkgolf dot com for contact details.

Grunt
27th January 2009, 03:49 PM
Sydney Olympic Driving range charges $55 per 1/2 hour.

Minor_Threat
27th January 2009, 05:29 PM
Kylie or Chris at Marrickville are great and I believe they charge $50 / ˝hr.

simon_r
27th January 2009, 06:01 PM
I have just started lessons with Mark Eisenhuth at Dunheved. He is $50 for 1/2 hour and I am very happy with the way he has helped me improve my game.

Scottt
27th January 2009, 08:30 PM
Another recommendation for Kylie Moulds at Marrickville, if you live so close.

the_man
27th January 2009, 10:04 PM
Looks like $50 per half hour is pretty standard so I will stop beng a tight ass haha

Thanks heaps for the replies guys.

amanda
28th January 2009, 08:15 AM
the man - sorry! I didn't realise Dennise's prices had gone up (she used to be $48/hour) - must have been before she was given the NSW womens team coaching job

the_man
30th January 2009, 09:39 AM
That's cool Amanda! It seems like $100/hr is pretty much standard these days which is a bit scary when you think about it. That is allot of money to learn to play golf.

virge666
30th January 2009, 10:16 AM
That's cool Amanda! It seems like $100/hr is pretty much standard these days which is a bit scary when you think about it. That is allot of money to learn to play golf.

With equipment margins getting smaller . . . it is the only way they make money now.

3oneday
30th January 2009, 10:18 AM
With equipment margins getting smaller . . . it is the only way they make money now.
I was told yesty that everything is about to go up by 30%.

Dotty
30th January 2009, 10:22 AM
Another option is group lessons, if you are after a cost saving for the basics and principles of swinging a golf club.

A friend-of-a-friend got some of these when her kids started school, and loved the class of 6 concept.

I've hit balls beside groups at the Macquarie Uni range, where an instructor had 3 students, who went over what they covered last week, then proceeded to the next item. Students got on well, and seemed to relish in the time that they could try what they were being told, without fear of being under the glare of a 1-on-1 instructor.

Grunt
30th January 2009, 12:15 PM
I have done the group lessons a bit too, is more like a supervised practice and works well.

Deano
30th January 2009, 03:35 PM
"That is allot of money to learn to play golf."

Not really, pretty cheap I think so long as you get positive results
out of it.
Early January I spent an hour with Gaz at Indro and came away with 3 things
to work on over time. The improvment has been imediate.
Deano