PDA

View Full Version : Minor suggestion for the classifieds...

Colin
26th January 2009, 09:35 PM
Love the 'For Sale' and 'Wanted' things before the titles, but how about having them in different colours? I know I keep clicking into wanted ads inadvertantly...

Col

Jarro
27th January 2009, 05:51 AM
I agree.

What colours would you suggest Colin ?

3oneday
27th January 2009, 06:48 AM
Aren't they different colours ?

AndyP
27th January 2009, 08:44 AM
Blame Courty.

Colin
4th February 2009, 08:24 PM
I agree.

What colours would you suggest Colin ?

I dunno - just something contrasting, so you could sorta mentally blank out the ones you're not interested in. Maybe blue and red?

Col

Jarro
4th February 2009, 08:53 PM
I suggested Blue and Purple a while ago i think.

Let's wait and see what our awesome Admins come up with then 'eh ;)

henno
4th February 2009, 08:59 PM
I suggested Blue and Purple a while ago i think.

Let's wait and see what our awesome Admins come up with then 'eh ;)

I hate to nitpick, but that's not really "contrasting".

You really want to pick colours on opposite sides of the colour wheel. If there are four colours needed, then spread them out equally around the wheel, like cutting a pie into quarters.

Webster
4th February 2009, 09:01 PM
Pink and Brown would be a better contrast.

henno
4th February 2009, 09:02 PM
Oh, and for those that can remember year 9 art, "contrast" really refers to shades (black and white), whereas "complementary" refers to opposing colours around a colour wheel. ;)

Jarro
4th February 2009, 09:06 PM
You think too much henno :roll:

Four different colours would suffice i think (whatever they may be)

henno
4th February 2009, 09:17 PM
You think too much henno :roll:

That's a common criticism.

That, and my Nazi-like punishment of people who confuse there/their/they're. 8-)

AndyP
5th February 2009, 06:50 AM
When it was initially discussed, it was agreed that two colours were enough (I had suggested more).

I also vote for two colours only (active and inactive), and to ditch the lime green.

The search function can be used to find only Sold threads (search by prefix).

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2009, 08:39 AM
Love the 'For Sale' and 'Wanted' things before the titles, but how about having them in different colours? I know I keep clicking into wanted ads inadvertantly...

Col

I have a suggestion. It's called reading. I don't see a problem with telling the two apart.

I do have a suggestion of taking away the hyperlink to the threadstarters profile right below where you click on "go to the last unread post". I look like a stalker as I am constantly clicking on these.

Jarro
5th February 2009, 09:27 AM
But surely having different colours would make it so much easier to see what was still for sale and what wasn't

Looking through the pro-shop thread now is like looking at this http://jimenapulse.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/oranges.jpg

AndyP
5th February 2009, 09:59 AM
But surely having different colours would make it so much easier to see what was still for sale and what wasn'tFor Sale and Sold are different colours. :roll:

poidda
5th February 2009, 10:13 AM
**** me Users are annoying. I thought I only had to deal with them at work. :roll:

Jarro
5th February 2009, 10:13 AM
for sale/wanted are the same ...

.. seems we have a lot more of those ads than sold ones :p

Courty
5th February 2009, 05:37 PM
Blame Courty.

:-s

AndyP
5th February 2009, 08:18 PM
You disagree?

Courty
5th February 2009, 08:29 PM
You disagree?

Did I have some input into the colour scheme? I honestly don't remember. :neutral:

Jarro
5th February 2009, 08:33 PM
I don't think you did Courty ... i think this is all AndeePee's doing.

He is infatuated with the colour orange you know :roll:

AndyP
5th February 2009, 09:31 PM
Did I have some input into the colour scheme? I honestly don't remember. :neutral:

How about"

For sale or
Wanted and
Sold or
Found
:-"

Courty
5th February 2009, 09:42 PM
:-"

Note the 'how about'.

It was a suggestion, not an order. :razz:

poidda
6th February 2009, 01:58 PM
Can we have more brown?

Jarro
6th February 2009, 01:59 PM
Can we have more brown?

How's that ?

Colin
6th February 2009, 10:22 PM
I have a suggestion. It's called reading. I don't see a problem with telling the two apart.

I understand reading is a fair requirement. This being a forum, that's pretty much the only thing to do...

But for some reason, when skimming through the classifieds (I check in there a few times a day, and usually a quick scan) my crappy eyes block out the 'wanted' and 'for sale' tags as they are the same colour, I guess. And every now and then, I miss the tag and go into a 'wanted' thread inadvertantly. No biggie, hit the back button and continue with life. But every time I think that it would be really simple to change the 'wanted' tag to purple, for instance, so that it would be like this:

For Sale
For Sale
For Sale
For Sale
For Sale
For Sale
For Sale
For Sale
For Sale

And I thought that would be easy to do, and that people might think it was a good idea, so I posted this thread. In the suggestions box.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone by doing so....

Col

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2009, 10:55 PM
No worries Colin, just having some fun with it.

AndyP
7th February 2009, 07:11 AM
That purple looks so ghey.