PDA

View Full Version : What else other than golf ?

Keza_G
7th December 2004, 06:58 PM
What else do you guys like to watch other than golf.....??? eg.. Watch the V8's, Watch the Boxing, What ??

Personally I love to watch the Drag Racing, WWE (Raw & Smackdown), Boxing and V8's....go the fords !!!! :D

Cheers

Keza

Onewood
7th December 2004, 06:59 PM
NOTHING :roll: :D What a silly thread Keza :lol: :lol:

Jarro
7th December 2004, 07:03 PM
i watch a lot of specials on paytv (Foxtel)

National Geographic have some awesome specials on.. really like those 8)

I watch a lot of sports ... like cricket, baseball, rugby league, womans gymnastics :wink:

i also have a rather extensive video collection that i watch from time to time :roll:

Keza_G
7th December 2004, 07:06 PM
C'mon Kev...

Don't you like the V8's too !!!! or the Boxing......

are you golf 24/7 ? I mean it works for me cause hubby is a golfer, but what about the rest of ya.....?

Jarro..... We have Austar and watch it alot too. We have digital, do you.... Comedy channel is always good....

Scotts fav shows... in order
1. Fashion Channel - any time
2. Nude News
3. Any golf on fox 1 or 2 or ESPN.
Sorry he has just said 1 and 3 swapped around

keza

Ducky
7th December 2004, 07:38 PM
I like watching the cricket, wrestling (although I haven't been able to keep up since I haven't had pay TV), extreme sports, performance production cars, and basketball. That's about it as fair as sports are concerned.

:smt069

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
7th December 2004, 07:46 PM
You've made an assumption that we all watch golf on TV. I don't watch much of it. In fact I don't watch much on TV anymore.

But if I do it's usually sports like Aussie Rules, Cricket or Tennis.

Fishman Dan
7th December 2004, 08:00 PM
National Geographic have some awesome specials on.. really like those 8)

I thought being a mammal, you preferred to do it like they do on the Discovery Channel? :P :roll:

I'll watch any sport really.... if someone's exerting themself, you can be sure that i'll be watching...

terryand
7th December 2004, 08:17 PM
Pretty much all sport.

Just like the weekend gone.

the classic line came up

ITS ALL SPORT

Terry.

markTHEblake
7th December 2004, 08:26 PM
I watch any international cricket, footy but only if Collingwood is playing, and the last few holes of major golf events.

Probably watch more cricket then anything else, probably becuase i am no good at it.

gazgolf1
7th December 2004, 08:33 PM
I watch the wrestling but its really gone downhill in the last 12 months...pretty boring lately.
I'll watch most sports on foxtel.
I download shows from the USA.The one I'm really into at the moment is the new Battlestar Galactica series which we will get next year.
Stuff like that.

Ducky
7th December 2004, 08:36 PM
Sorry to take this off-topic slightly. But this is an absolute pisser quote...

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and my father. "
What a classic!

:smt081

andylo
7th December 2004, 09:48 PM
Not watching TV much but if I do it will definitely Rally and F1. Not interest in V8... until they introduce other brand into it. (I owned a Commandore - my 1st car and still regret about it.... just in case you think I am a Ford fan, I will not jump into a cab is either Ford or Holden brand!)

Movie, I watch a lot of movie... does that count?

Oh... of course... the 4 major of Tennis... how can I forget that one. (No interest in woman tennis until Maria S. in :))

What else.... ahh... Australian Funniest Video... all time favourite :D

McMw
7th December 2004, 10:55 PM
surprisinly, don't watch much telly as sometimes, there's really nothing good up here...

golf can be DAMN boring to watch...if I ever want to fall asleep fast....I turn on the golf!!!

movies on telly...as long as they're good...
bit of MTV and ChannelV...
Cnn Sports News...
whatever fishing programmes on...
Pimp My Ride...
WWE...

but mostly...either on the comp, or watching dvds...

boring life... :oops:

BrisVegas
8th December 2004, 08:17 AM
WRC, Superbikes, Moto GP, American Chopper, South Park, any of those reno-rescue-hot-auction-makeover-blitz shows, the news and whatever golf I can find.

Golfgirl
8th December 2004, 01:29 PM
What else do you guys like to watch other than golf.....???

What do you mean, Keza??? :? :shock: :wink:

Nah - just kidding - I like watching heaps of different sports - my fav's are cricket (one day - test cricket sucks), rugby union, V8's (I'm a Holden girl - go Skaifey!)..... as well as the usual Sitcom/news/current affairs etc that most people watch.

I had a major scheduling conflict on the weekend with golf, cricket and V8's all being shown on the same afternoon.... just awful - but the golf won out. :lol:

Mostly I don't actually "watch" the sport though - I just have the TV on while I read, surf the net, or carry out household chores....

Keza_G
8th December 2004, 03:11 PM
It's funny that we all generally like to watch golf...

I heard a rumour on the course today that channel 7 is going to pull the plug on Broadcasting golf cause no-one watches it on TV, according to their Stats, especially women didn't watch.......That's because there aren't any good lookers (in my opinion) to watch, also, we like to watch Ladies golf... eg. ANZ Ladies Masters or US Women's Open..... I, for one, want to see these fantastic youngsters that we hear about...eg Michelle Wie or Paula Creamer.... Never seen then play......

I don't know who they polled but I certainly watched it....same as FG... I had to decide between V8's (go the FORDS - AMBROSE all the way) & Cricket, also the Nedbank clashed a bit too....

anywho..

Cheers All

Keza

wavemaker
9th December 2004, 07:15 AM
i very rarely watch tv, a few bike races, the state of origin, the big rugby games and golf. thats it. my other passion is fishing but dont watch it on telly, i go out and do it. oh, and i love beer.

Golfgirl
9th December 2004, 07:14 PM
go the FORDS - AMBROSE all the way

You would be very popular with my husband.... he's a Ford fan also... (one of his shortcomings, but I married him anyway.... :wink: )

If Channel 7 pull the pin on the golf, they will piss off more people than they realise, because I don't think their poll was a very accurate picture of how popular golf is....