PDA

View Full Version : KBS Tours.........

TheNuclearOne
26th January 2009, 02:36 AM
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Anyone wondering about these, they are just brilliant! Apparently best suited for those that like Rifles and PX's. Took the DG s300's out of my R7 TP's and replaced with KBS 5.5's soft stepped once. Pure butter. Very easy to hit straight and hold their line beautifully. About 10 grams lighter than the DG's were and counterbalanced a bit.

I've picked up about 5 easy swinging meters and they (R7) are just so easy to swing and hit now. For me personally all the hype has been justified. Second hit out with them i tie my best front 9 ever at the local track.

Jarro
26th January 2009, 06:16 AM
price ?

I know they're good but are they worth the $$$$$ ??????

TheNuclearOne
26th January 2009, 10:02 AM
price ?

I know they're good but are they worth the $$$$$ ??????

I got a special one off from a club builder in the States that had too much stock sitting around due to winter(snow). $20USD a shaft and $25 shipping, for whatever amount i bought. Gave me a price on a couple of driver shafts too. I only did 6-PW as i have a X-12ps (with a shaft i have no probs with) in as my 5 iron and hit it well already. Anyway for 5 of them if i include total shipping on top of these shafts only it was about $185AUD. I'm more than happy with that lot. If i bought, say 9, they would have been a smidge under $35.

For me IMO, worth the bucks. The TP's have come from cumbersome and dull feeling to lively and enjoyable.

virge666
26th January 2009, 11:07 AM
The wholesale price here will be over $50 a shaft - much the Project X shafts.

KBS will be sold through UST distribution channels out of Sydney. If you can spend $25 + shipping - GO FOR IT !

markTHEblake
26th January 2009, 12:01 PM
It might have been worthwhile to also try their standard FST Pro shafts while you were there. At 25% of the cost of the KBS shaft its worthwhile trying out, cos you never know there might not be any difference.

Wouldnt be the first time that a company has sorted shafts to tighter tolerances and then charged more, or not sorted at all and sold em cheaply.

I use the FST Pro which I sourced myself, and my clubmaker said that tolerances were as good as any premium shaft. I checked them as well, i think the weight difference from high to low was 3 grams, and most were within 1gram.

TheNuclearOne
26th January 2009, 12:12 PM
They are stepless design, but i have heard good reports.

Topper4000
26th January 2009, 02:54 PM
The FST 125pro are the same as a RP 6.0 blank shaft in profile. and 2/3 cheaper
I've been using the Pro 115 for over a year now, great shaft. I use the S/X flex shaft tipped to S flex, smooth as silk. My SS mid to late 80s/ish.

The FST and KBS shafts are the best thing to come out in the shaft industy for some time.