PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all

JMT
21st January 2009, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Joined a couple of weeks ago, thought it was time to introduce myself. (No more lurking :)).

Live in Adelaide SA, member at Riverside GC for around a year. Played cricket all my life, but that is fast beginning to take a back seat to golf. Got my handicap down to 11, but stalled there at the moment.

Seem to be spending an alarming amount of time on the net lately, looking at golf related stuff, especially golf balls, drivers, wedges, putters etc. Hopefully my work doesn't ban this forum like they seem to be banning everything else at the moment!

Cheers,
JT

BrisVegas
21st January 2009, 11:41 AM
hi JT, welcome aboard. Were you really Britney's first love?

JMT
21st January 2009, 12:11 PM
Hi BrisVegas,

Ha ha, I would be proud to have that title in her early years, but not of late!

I see you have a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 in the bag. Are they really all that they are cracked up to be? I have been considering a change of late, I am using an Odyssey two ball CS at the moment.

BrisVegas
21st January 2009, 12:18 PM
I see you have a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 in the bag. Are they really all that they are cracked up to be? I have been considering a change of late, I am using an Odyssey two ball CS at the moment.

short 'anser' is no they're not magic. Scotty Cameron Newport putters are clones/remakes of Ping Anser putters. I've putter well AND badly with both Pings and Scotties.

Eag's
21st January 2009, 12:21 PM
Welcome JMT

JMT
21st January 2009, 12:26 PM
short 'anser' is no they're not magic. Scotty Cameron Newport putters are clones/remakes of Ping Anser putters. I've putter well AND badly with both Pings and Scotties.

Yeah I keep telling myself that it ain't the tools, but the tradesman, but it doesn't sink in. They do look good though!

Jarro
21st January 2009, 03:26 PM
Hi JMT ... welcome to OzGolf :)

You're not some 'C' grade cricketer who thinks he's something special are you ?

marcel
21st January 2009, 03:57 PM
Welcome JMT, SA stocks of ozgolfers just went up by about 33%

JMT
21st January 2009, 04:28 PM
Hi JMT ... welcome to OzGolf :)

You're not some 'C' grade cricketer who thinks he's something special are you ?

Not a 'C' grader, but not a world beater either. Have played a handful of 2nd XI games for SA, played for West Torrens A grade for about 12 years, just dropped back to turf cricket to play at a more social level and do some coaching.

Still take it seriously, but don't spend all my weekends playing :), now why I can get on the golf course a bit more regularly!

Do you play Jarro?

Jarro
21st January 2009, 04:42 PM
Not a 'C' grader, but not a world beater either. Have played a handful of 2nd XI games for SA, played for West Torrens A grade for about 12 years, just dropped back to turf cricket to play at a more social level and do some coaching.

Still take it seriously, but don't spend all my weekends playing :), now why I can get on the golf course a bit more regularly!

Do you play Jarro?

Not anymore :(

I got more into baseball and indoor cricket ... but now am thinking about getting into playing warehouse cricket up her in QLD 8-)

I do love a game of cricket :smt038

Grunt
21st January 2009, 04:50 PM
warehouse Cricket?

Courty
21st January 2009, 07:35 PM
Welcome JMT!