PDA

View Full Version : Leeching / will this work?

macjackass
20th January 2009, 11:12 PM
I am trying to leech about 20 songs from this torrent and i got to 92% and now the seeds aren't on there!! Anyway, was wondering if I can leave bit comet open on our laptop and try and use our pc to leech the songs i have already saved. I thought that if i tried to do each song at a time I can get most of them. Will this work?

AndyP
20th January 2009, 11:15 PM
Huh? If 100% of the songs aren't available on the torrent, where is the other 8% coming from?

macjackass
20th January 2009, 11:19 PM
AndyP, as you could tell my pc knowledge is minimal. I had downloaded 92% of what I wanted when the seed I was getting it from either stopped letting me leech it or just turned his pc off. As others are leeching what I have saved from me I figured I could basically do the same. Don't know if this is how it works but seems logical enough to me.

henno
20th January 2009, 11:21 PM
What AndyP said. Either the tracker is reporting incorrect numbers of seeders, or the chunks required for the final 8% simply aren't in the swarm at the present time (or they have blocked/snubbed you).

Reconnecting another PC to the swarm will do nothing if those chunks simply do not exist in the current connections.

You have to wait until at least one other seeder comes online and starts distributing those chunks into the leecher swarm.

macjackass
20th January 2009, 11:26 PM
Oh, I just thought that because in the little upload/download box was showing that stuff was being uploaded that they were taking it from me. It's a little old so I'm hoping that they haven't blocked me. Any other way? This is the only place i have been able to find it.

henno
20th January 2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah, the 92% you have will be offered to the swarm for upload. The other 8% is clearly not available within any of the leechers at this stage. As soon as one seeder comes back online those chunks will (should) populate within the swarm and all will be good withing torrent town.

macjackass
20th January 2009, 11:34 PM
Ok, thank you for the help. I'm just impatient! Still, I think I'll leave the computer on over night.

3oneday
21st January 2009, 06:55 AM
Thought you must have been sucking some poison out of something ;)

Minor_Threat
21st January 2009, 05:58 PM
Ok, thank you for the help. I'm just impatient! Still, I think I'll leave the computer on over night.Thats the best bet mate, obviously you can't predict when the seeder will connect next!