PDA

View Full Version : Progression Videos.

Ducky
7th December 2004, 10:54 AM
Newer swing videos located here (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5243).

andylo
7th December 2004, 10:59 AM
Ducky... you were a lot fatter 3 months ago :lol:

Anyway... I like your swing 3 months ago... more rage :)

Ducky
7th December 2004, 11:05 AM
LOL

:smt081

AndyP
7th December 2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks Ducky. My work day was boring and I needed a good laugh. :lol: :P

Looks like you have slowed things down a bit. Sorry, I don't get anymore technical than that.

Keza_G
7th December 2004, 11:44 AM
Are these really both of you....?

Two different swings... :shock: The first is fast and you're standing very upright and the second you're bending over more and swing speed is slower.

I would say that your second swing is much better.. :smt023 ... increase that club head speed a bit and then enter a Long Drive event.....

Very nice... =D> =D>

well done Ben

Keza

Choppa
7th December 2004, 11:50 AM
Very cool Ducky.

I'm with A-Ho, I like the agression in the first swing. :twisted:

You've made some big changes in a short time though. Was the inclusion of a pre-shot routine one of them.

andylo
7th December 2004, 12:01 PM
Very cool Ducky.

I'm with A-Ho, I like the agression in the first swing. :twisted:

You've made some big changes in a short time though. Was the inclusion of a pre-shot routine one of them.

Also the body figure :p

sorry ben, just kidding :p

Ducky
7th December 2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks a lot.

:)

Like I mentioned above, I haven't been able to practice much in the last two months (I have been out for the occasional hit), so the majority of the work I did on my swing was in the first one and a half months following the original video.

After watching the original video, it became evident that I had to work on various areas. Pre-shot routine (which was resulting in poor alignment), posture, tempo, and swing-path. I started experimenting with various things right away (I have updated the original thread with a video from 27/08/2004, which was taken two days after the original).

I have managed to sort out most of those areas, although, I still have problems with my posture on short irons and occasionally I will allow my swing path to go in-to-out.

My main aim was to get my swing to flow more, so that I was able to recreate it more consistantly (resulting in getting the ball in play more often). This is why the latest video does not seem as aggressive, as I am no longer trying to belt the casing off the ball (although, I would still like to give that a shot at a long driving competition... :)).

I am hoping to get in a lot more practice over the holiday break, so I'll definitely post some more videos (I am still trying to find a half decent digital video camera).

In relation to my weight, I may have lost a little, but I still have a long way to go and am hoping to get that sorted out over the next few months. That's what a rough year will do to you.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Keza_G
7th December 2004, 02:34 PM
Honestly Ben, I think your swing is coming along nicely.

Never loose that feeling to want to "belt the crap" out of that ball..... it keeps you focussed. Pre shot routine is paramount for consistency.

Excellent though ......

Keza

Ona
7th December 2004, 02:45 PM
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/9255/z8hmm.jpg

Fishman Dan
7th December 2004, 02:52 PM
I've got 3 things;

* Sneakers aren't a good look, although acceptable
* Jeans on a golf course? Not only does it look bad, but don't you get a little sweaty?
* Tuck that shirt in, this isn't your local YMCA you know.

Ducky
7th December 2004, 03:34 PM
They're all social hits, Dan, and the regulations go as far as requiring trousers that can be fitted with a belt and a collared shirt. In relation to wearing "sneakers" (globes - link (http://www.globeshoes.com/)), I wear them because they are comfortable, simple as that. Obviously, if I was playing in a competition or at an exclusive club it would be a different story.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

andylo
7th December 2004, 05:23 PM
Nice one OnaBreak!!! :shock:

Jarro
7th December 2004, 05:50 PM
nice looking swing there Duckman 8)

what's your handicap :?:

Ducky
7th December 2004, 06:13 PM
I don't have one yet...

:smt053

I have to hand in five cards signed by other members (through competitions) in order to get it. I am planning to do so over the next few weeks, as I have no other commitments.

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
7th December 2004, 06:51 PM
I don't have one yet...

:smt053

I have to hand in five cards signed by other members (through competitions) in order to get it. I am planning to do so over the next few weeks, as I have no other commitments.

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

well, what scores have you been shooting lately :?:

all the best,
Mark(jazza)

Ducky
7th December 2004, 07:32 PM
Since I have been playing the last few months I have been shooting in the area of 78-86. I can't remember all of the round scores, as there have been quite a few over the last few months. I would say as an average I would be able to play to around 80, as that seems to be what I end up shooting a lot of the time (give or take a shot).

I will let you know when I get my handicap though.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Onewood
7th December 2004, 07:37 PM
Since I have been playing the last few months I have been shooting in the area of 78-86. I can't remember all of the round scores, as there have been quite a few over the last few months. I would say as an average I would be able to play to around 80, as that seems to be what I end up shooting a lot of the time (give or take a shot).

I will let you know when I get my handicap though.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ben will this be you're first ever handicap :?: going by the videos I'd say you could start off in single figures 8)

Ducky
7th December 2004, 07:44 PM
I had a handicap of 16 when I was a junior golfer. That was when I was around 12-14 years old.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
7th December 2004, 07:54 PM
i'll take a wild guess and say you'll be off around 13 :wink:

Onewood
7th December 2004, 07:56 PM
OK lets have a punt on this :D

Duckys handicap will be!!!!!!

Jarro
7th December 2004, 07:58 PM
Ducky,

. what's your home track :?: and what's it's par :?:

Ducky
7th December 2004, 08:05 PM
Bathurst, and it's par 71.

They have a website: http://www.bathurstgolf.com.au/

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Eag's
7th December 2004, 08:40 PM
Ok going by your swing I would say 11 :wink:

Not to many faults to the naked eye apart from your posture :-k
If you can get yourself a little more upright, I think you will find it easier to repeat a good swing.

Really like your tempo in the last video :smt023

McMw
7th December 2004, 10:46 PM
social golf or not....to feel like a golfer, you gotta dress the part...
take pride, no matter where you play... :wink:

nice work tho... 8)
I didn't download the video, but I like what I see with the pics...VERY NICE!!! :D

Ducky
8th December 2004, 07:21 PM
Thank you.

I will try to dress more appropriately for my videos in the future.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jono
10th December 2004, 08:33 PM
Hey Ducky,

Great, natural swing. I can see that you've been working on your posture. You look less cramped in the latest swing.

We should change your nickname from Ducky to Lumberjack golfer ... You've got the forearms and the attire for it ... :wink: :lol:

With that swing, you've got to be a long hitter ... 260 meters on the fly?

BTW, check if your camcorder has a sports mode. With the faster shutter speed, you can see the hands and the club better ... less fuzzy. Also, next time, can you post a view of the swing from the front? (ie. with the ball between you and the camera).

All in all, great swing.

Ducky
10th December 2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks, Jono.

The device I have been using to record the video is simply a friend's digital camera which has a video mode. The frames per second setting is only around 15 I believe, so it's not the best for capturing fast motion. I have been looking for a good digital video camcorder, but am unsure as to which one I would like.

I can't really comment on carry distances (as my long distance eyesight isn't very good due to the amount of time I spend on a computer), but I can try to find out for you if you'd like.

I will get some front-on videos recorded within the next few days hopefully and will update this post as soon as I do.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).