PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I need some swing help :)

Judda
20th January 2009, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, Just starting to get back into golf so I thought I'd grab some footage and try work on it from their. So any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XGSkasQ6s

Judda
20th January 2009, 05:54 PM
Turns out you cant post a link without 5 posts before hand :(

Jarro
20th January 2009, 05:57 PM
Well get busy then :roll:

henno
20th January 2009, 06:00 PM
Link vetted and posted to help out a sub-5 poster :)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XGSkasQ6s

Jarro
20th January 2009, 06:06 PM
That could get you into some serious trouble henno [-X

henno
20th January 2009, 06:08 PM
Well, I made the assumption that the 5-post link restriction was there merely to prevent spam-bots.

So from the bottom of my heart, if I have broken some cardinal rule....

TOUGH! :)

goughy
20th January 2009, 06:13 PM
Welcome Judda, and yes Henno, it's there to counter the spambots, and it seems to work pretty good. Does catch out the odd new member though!!

Judda
20th January 2009, 06:14 PM
Yer thanks for that Henno, you rebel :mrgreen:

But yer I thinks its to keep those bots from going nuts and posting links everywhere..

Courty
20th January 2009, 06:58 PM
I'm no swing guru or anything, but I reckon your centre of gravity needs to be a little lower for better balance and a more powerful swing.

+0.02

Btw, the fairway needs some water. ;)

Dotty
20th January 2009, 07:44 PM
Looks good to me Judda, and I wish I could swing that good.

I've already lowered my centre of gravity problem, via Red Rooster Hawaiian Packs and Blue Ribbon ice cream.

ps. Nice looking dog. Are you going to train it to be a 'leather wedge' ? :razz:

Judda
20th January 2009, 07:45 PM
Btw, the fairway needs some water. ;)

They sure do lol.. Like a rock in some spots :razz:

LarryLong
20th January 2009, 08:16 PM
Only problems that I could see:

- You're a big chance of tonking one over the net
- The poor dog's going to be in serious trouble if he keeps eating flies like they're schmackos

Other than that I think it looked pretty good. :)

razaar
20th January 2009, 08:29 PM
Judda

You have a nice swing. One thing that is noticable on the clip is you were coming up on both shots. A formula for solid contact is to keep the left cheek just to the right side of the ball position until the right shoulder touches the chin. It will feel like you are looking down there twice as long as you should. While you are looking down see if you can get a glance of the right knee flexing past your chin. Looking up too early raises the right shoulder prematurely which alters the plane through the critical impact area. Hope this helps.

Judda
20th January 2009, 10:21 PM
- You're a big chance of tonking one over the net
- The poor dog's going to be in serious trouble if he keeps eating flies like they're schmackos

1. Already happned several times, lucky enough I havnt heard from the neighbours :smt038

2. You should see him going at birds :shock:

Judda
20th January 2009, 10:27 PM
Judda

You have a nice swing. One thing that is noticable on the clip is you were coming up on both shots. A formula for solid contact is to keep the left cheek just to the right side of the ball position until the right shoulder touches the chin. It will feel like you are looking down there twice as long as you should. While you are looking down see if you can get a glance of the right knee flexing past your chin. Looking up too early raises the right shoulder prematurely which alters the plane through the critical impact area. Hope this helps.

Thanks razaar, very nice explanation :smt038
Will give it a try tomorrow