PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Blue Mtns course...

amanda
19th January 2009, 09:16 AM
Hi all - work is having a conference at Lilianfels in Katoomba on Fri/Sat and on Sat afternoon people have voiced an interest in playing 9 holes social somewhere.

Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be a difficult track - I'd say 50% of people are non-handicap golfers who maybe play 1-2 times per year (about 12 people all together)

I was also thinking of having the event as a 3 person ambrose to make it a bit more fun.

sms316
19th January 2009, 09:21 AM
Wentworth Falls is nice enough.

Andrew
19th January 2009, 10:03 AM
Amanda,

There are no difficult courses in the Blue Mountains.

Blackheath is probably the best of them.
Wentworth Falls is all right & probably the easiest walking.
Katoomba was pretty average last time I was there about 9 or 10 years ago.
Leura is interesting, although not that good & some of the more hilly holes would be difficult for social golfers who may only play a few times a year.

mikezone13
19th January 2009, 10:11 AM
Blackheath is by far the best (very ncie course really).. then with Wentworth Falls and Leura tied for 2nd (Wentworth probably a better course but Leura is in better condition)

Scottt
19th January 2009, 10:14 AM
If you're only playing nine and have plenty of non-serious golfers, the back 9 at Leura would impress them. Or the back 9 at Blackheath.

Grunt
19th January 2009, 10:47 AM
Leura could offer some good deals due to the Financial hardship they are having.

amanda
19th January 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys! I will make some calls :)

Tomo
19th January 2009, 01:37 PM
Im a member of Katoomba, but I will recommend Leura as it is in the same precinct as to where your conference is.

The Katoomba course is very nice these day and in my opinion on par with any other on the hill, but Leura would be super convienient for you.

Good luck Amanda.

amanda
19th January 2009, 03:06 PM
Ok - we're booked in for Leura on 31st of Jan - thanks for the tips everyone!