PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Looking for a game, Saturday 7th Feb

shavey
16th January 2009, 10:01 AM
I'm coming down a day earlier for work and thought I might bring the sticks. Landing at 11:00am but could change that to earlier if required.

I'm haven't organised anywhere to stay or transport just yet, but I'm playing Huntingdale on the Sunday so I'm open to anything and everything!

So people, let me have them :)

swanny
16th January 2009, 01:37 PM
Shavey would love to have hosted you at Sanctuary lakes but we have the VIC PGA on that weekend. Let me know next time your down and we will organise a game.

kpac
16th January 2009, 02:59 PM
I'm working on the saturday mate, trying to reshuffle the roster.

Bruce
21st January 2009, 09:41 AM
Who else wants to play with Steve?

That might help us decide where we might go.

shavey
23rd January 2009, 11:34 AM
Looks like we are heading north for this game; thanks for getting the ball rolling Brucey!

Bruce
28th January 2009, 08:24 AM
More west than north.

This will be at Eynesbury and if Steve is coming in at 11 then I will book for about 1PM.

Who else is coming?

shavey
28th January 2009, 07:53 PM
The K Man was a 90% chance for joining us...

And I could still take the 6:00am flight to get in at 9:00am if time is an issue.

Bruce
28th January 2009, 08:35 PM
I got nothing else on so an afternoon round is ok with me if it's OK with you.

Flowergirl
29th January 2009, 10:32 AM
Sorry - I've got weddings that day. Have fun. :)

Bruce
1st February 2009, 02:11 PM
Booking is for 13:20 to make sure we can get there assuming air travel is the usual debacle. Currently 3 of us so we can take one more if anyone is interested.

shavey
3rd February 2009, 03:17 PM
Looks like the K Man might be an non starter; I'm working on getting another

Bruce
4th February 2009, 08:53 AM
It's gunna be a great day. High 30s and windy. Perfect for golf.

shavey
4th February 2009, 09:45 AM
Just saw 37 forecast for Saturday...

Nothing like a bit of chaffing to start the week! :smt087

Bruce
4th February 2009, 10:25 AM
Eynesbury is inland quite a bit - it might nudge 40 for us ;)

shavey
4th February 2009, 10:57 AM
What a great way to drop a few kilos! :smt107

Oh well, the forecast will probably change by tomorrow then again on Friday so I'm not too worried.... yet!! :-k

kpac
4th February 2009, 11:27 AM
mate, plenty of water and it'll be fine. I played in 40+ on the weekend.... first 9 ok, back nine was painfull!!

dc68
4th February 2009, 01:17 PM
Buggies, people, Buggies!!!!!!

v205
4th February 2009, 02:30 PM
Solar umbrella works wonders! :)

mate, plenty of water and it'll be fine. I played in 40+ on the weekend.... first 9 ok, back nine was painfull!!

shavey
4th February 2009, 09:44 PM
Buggies, people, Buggies!!!!!!

We're real man DC, we don't need carts...

An ambulance maybe but no carts!

Bruce
5th February 2009, 07:10 PM
WATCH THIS SPACE!

Eynesbury cancelled. Mornington plans are begin put together.

kpac
5th February 2009, 11:26 PM
WATCH THIS SPACE!

Eynesbury cancelled. Mornington plans are begin put together.

Plans changed, more people welcome!

Dunes (cups) Saturday AM $20 (Booked 10:00 x 2ppl, 2 more spots available)
Moonah Legends Sat 2:10 PM $50 (Booked 2:10 x 4ppl. Next time spot available)
Dunes Sunday 6:56 AM $50 (Booked 6:56 10th Tee x 4ppl. Next time spot available)
And possibly a Sunday afternoon game if anyone is left standing.... thinking rosebud/flinders/portsea/open....
Rosebud Country Club Sunday 3:20 PM $25 (Booked 3:20 1st Tee x 4ppl. Next time spot available)

1. Kpac
2. Bones (Kpac's mate)
3. Shavey (Moonah - Dunes)
4. Bruce (Moonah - Dunes)
5. _____________

kpac
6th February 2009, 09:33 AM
Updated....

shavey
6th February 2009, 10:46 AM
In the words of Iron Chef...

Bang a gong, we are on!

Bruce
6th February 2009, 11:05 AM
Mornington's forecast is much more bearable than Melton's. This was a good choice to head closer to the sea. It will struggle to hit 40 on the peninsula. Still hot but not insane.

Flowergirl
6th February 2009, 01:15 PM
So - are you guys staying on the Peninsula overnight??

kpac
6th February 2009, 01:21 PM
So - are you guys staying on the Peninsula overnight??

Yep! Some dodgy motor inn. We're teeing off at sparrow fart on the sunday tho.... So meerly a place to rest our heads.

Flowergirl
6th February 2009, 02:03 PM
Yep! Some dodgy motor inn. We're teeing off at sparrow fart on the sunday tho.... So meerly a place to rest our heads.
What a shame you didn't say you were staying down. We would have loved to have you stay with us. Not too late to change your mind if you want to.

kpac
6th February 2009, 02:07 PM
What a shame you didn't say you were staying down. We would have loved to have you stay with us. Not too late to change your mind if you want to.

AHHH, i only booked this morning :oops: Thanks FG! but looks like the motor inn it is (if it's no good we'll come knocking... ;) )

Bruce
6th February 2009, 02:30 PM
Would you be able to take 4 of us?

And are you and Johnny free for dinner or something Saturday night?

Flowergirl
6th February 2009, 02:41 PM
Would you be able to take 4 of us?

And are you and Johnny free for dinner or something Saturday night?

Probably four of you would be a bit harder - you'd have to share a double bed and a double mattress - but that's fine by me.

But how about you all come to our place for dinner on Saturday night. I make a great curry. It would be our pleasure to show you some good Peninsula hospitality.:mrgreen:

kpac
6th February 2009, 02:44 PM
Sounds good to me, depending on what my mate has planned, i'm sure we could work something out...

Flowergirl
6th February 2009, 02:49 PM
Great......just let me know a time - roughly - and I'll give you my address.
We live about 10 mins from Moonah.:mrgreen:

kpac
6th February 2009, 03:21 PM
We live about 10 mins from Moonah.:mrgreen:

:o and you're not gracing us with your presence tomorrow....

kpac
6th February 2009, 03:53 PM
Any other Victorians or people that have played it wish to comment on Moonah open course. Get's a lot of mixed reviews. So far what i've established is that it is brutally hard, pretty long, and in the best condition of any course in australia. Few people have suggested it's a bit over the top, but a friend today said it was the best course on the peninsula.
We're already playing Legends and Dunes, is it worth playing Open over some of the other courses in the area...?

Bruce
6th February 2009, 04:03 PM
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow mate ;)

chappy1970
6th February 2009, 04:04 PM
Kpac,
I stayed down there a little while ago and played the Legends on the Sat and the Open on the Sunday. This was the first time for me around both tracks.

I won the comp on the Saturday on the Legends and enjoyed the walk greatly.

The Open is definitely more penal than the Legends, but I think that was their (course designers) strategy anyway.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the Open course, in fact I was 1 over the card after 14 holes when I played. Needless to say I leaked a bit of oil over the closing holes, including falling foul of those f&*king pot bunkers down 18. My fault for being in there in the first place I suppose.

But you will enjoy the walk.

AndyP
6th February 2009, 04:12 PM
Any other Victorians or people that have played it wish to comment on Moonah open course. Meh. I didn't get the design.

I just wanted to play it because the Australian Open was there that year.

Flowergirl
6th February 2009, 04:28 PM
:o and you're not gracing us with your presence tomorrow....

Why I'm not playing at Moonah tomorrow

I have a wedding to do
You have 4 punters already
It's going to be too hot for this old tart!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides - I'll be busy cooking a curry for you boys. :mrgreen:

shavey
6th February 2009, 08:46 PM
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow mate ;)

Well mate, if you tell him about the most amazing bunker save I have ever seen, you'll have to tell him about my eagle two on 16! :smt038

Why I'm not playing at Moonah tomorrow

I have a wedding to do
You have 4 punters already
It's going to be too hot for this old tart!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides - I'll be busy cooking a curry for you boys. :mrgreen:

Sincerely appreciated Reenie.. I believe Bruce is bringing the poker set so you'll have a chance to redeem yourself :razz:

Bruce
6th February 2009, 09:12 PM
The poker table and chips are in the car already.

Don't make the curry too hot please Reenie. I'm in the middle of some fairly major stomach issues.

shavey
6th February 2009, 09:17 PM
Don't make the curry too hot please Reenie. I'm in the middle of some fairly major stomach issues.

If we are doing carts, bags not sharing with you mate :smt010

Flowergirl
6th February 2009, 09:42 PM
Ok guys. Ring me before your afternoon round and give me a rough time that you will arrive. And don't worry - I won't make things too hot for you BRuce.:wink:

Just to clarify - are you just eating or staying too?

And I don't do strip poker anymore - well that depends on how many reds you bring!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Bruce
6th February 2009, 11:07 PM
Just dinner Reenie - but thanks for the offer.

I better tuck a bottle of red in amongst the drinks too.

shavey
6th February 2009, 11:32 PM
See you at the airport Bruce and see you for dinner Reenie ;)

Kpac, don't shoot the lights out at The Dunes 'Cups' tomorrow morning or else it's all downhill!

shavey
8th February 2009, 05:43 AM
For all concerned we survived the searing 40+ heat and accompanying wind straight off the desert to make it to the 12th where thankfully the cool change came through.

Let's see how we all pull up for todays round. ;)

Bruce 28
Shavey 40
Kpac TBC
Kpac's mate Trent TBC

Let's see if the old boys can do the clean sweep again.

shavey
8th February 2009, 12:48 PM
Quick update after a wet round at The Dunes

Kpac 39
Trent 26
Bruce 33
Shavey 29

Turn of fortune on yesterdays side bet with the lads wiping the floor for the sweep. Typical after we doubled the bet! Kpac was on fire today in what was a complete change in weather conditions from the Moonah round.

Reenie and Johnny, thank you again for a great night. That curry was worth the hour round trip from Kpac's chosen accommodation selection; nice work mate!

goughy
8th February 2009, 07:31 PM
I hope kpac wasn't navigating in the same cart as Bruce!! Could have ended up the backside of a tree ;)

AndyP
8th February 2009, 08:38 PM
At what point does the cart joke lose value for you, Goughy?

How did the rednut handle the heat anyway? How any applications of sunscreen were required?

shavey
8th February 2009, 11:56 PM
There were a few applications of sunscreen on Saturday by Bruce and K... NONE on Sunday though.

Saturday's round was punctuated with some fun and games in the green side sprinklers which were a very welcome relief. Needless to say that once you were soaked, you'd be dry by the time you reached the next green to do it all again. This only lasted for a few holes which led perfectly into the cool change. Then it wasn't fun anymore because the temp dropped about 15 degrees.

Massive thank you to my driver Bruce for his provision of Ricky Gervais and Hamish & Andy podcasts, patience in driving around town looking for my hotel (mate, you were right and the Crowne was indeed a Holiday Inn one time), humility, compassion but most of all, his all round nice guy attitude. Always a pleasure mate and I look forward to returning the favour come champs time! Now bring on the Google Maps mash-up payout of our dear K :)

http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12326

Bruce
9th February 2009, 10:10 AM
Shavey - it is interesting that the "Holiday Inn on Flinders St" has no actual part of the structure actually in Flinders St.

430km for the weekend. That seems like a lot for a couple of rounds of golf. Luckily the company was worth it.

kpac
9th February 2009, 02:04 PM
Bruce and Shave, many thanks for the game, the banter and the cash :).

It was an excellent weekend, due mostly to the company, and partly the quality of golf. Both days the golf was thoroughly enjoyable. The competition was great aswell. The massage that never eventuated, probably the only dissapointment (yes and the accomodation - but it was atleast piss funny!!) Shavey and Bruce were both good enough to laugh at what i'm sure many others wouldn't have seen as quite so funny.

As for the Golf: Two fantastic courses. Legends was in fantastic condition, features and visual appeal was superb. However for the 'traditional golfing' feel i fell in love with The Dunes. Very well crafted into natural landscape. A honest rugged feel that gave the course great character. I'll be back to both!! 'The Cups' course a little bit social, but i imagine that is the intent, in saying that, for a social 9 or a warm up nine, it's excellent.

Thanks again Bruce and Steve. I'm not sure what the temp would have got to out there on the course, but it was f*kn hot, still had a bloody good time though!.