PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser MXL 70 VC Sport Earphones

AndyP
14th January 2009, 05:07 PM
SOLD: Sennheiser MXL 70 VC Sport Earphones (with Lanyard)

I’m trying to sell these earphones that I bought a few hours ago. Got them out of the packet, put them in the ear, determined that they didn’t suit my ear shape, and packed them up in the packet again. :( In other words, brand new.

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/roo...le_sport_500495 (http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/products_sennheiser_headphones_portable_sport_5004 95)
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/mxl70vc.jpg

These earphones have been recommended as good running earphones with good sound quality. Unlucky for me, I guess, as they obviously looked good enough for me to buy in the first place.

I’ll take $50 + postage for them, so I don’t lose too much out of it. I'm sure a SE Qld member could organise a pickup too.

Cheers
Andy

Courty
14th January 2009, 05:40 PM
What's replacing these?

Jarro
14th January 2009, 05:47 PM
What's replacing these?

Headphones ??

AndyP
14th January 2009, 06:19 PM
I'll probably just get some standard Ipod earphones, since I know they sit in my ear pretty well. It's just not worth the risk, if you can't try before buy.

Courty
14th January 2009, 06:26 PM
Headphones ??

Thanks Captain Obvious. :roll:

I'll probably just get some standard Ipod earphones, since I know they sit in my ear pretty well. It's just not worth the risk, if you can't try before buy.

If it helps, I bought a pair of TDK in-ear plugs at the airport (left my own at home :roll:). They came with 3 different size plugs to suit different ear canals. Sound quality was good, but they didn't have the fancy lanyard etc. I think they were $30.

AndyP
14th January 2009, 06:52 PM
If it helps, I bought a pair of TDK in-ear plugs at the airport (left my own at home :roll:). They came with 3 different size plugs to suit different ear canals. Sound quality was good, but they didn't have the fancy lanyard etc. I think they were $30.
I bought a pair of TDK in-ear plugs just before Xmas with the three plugs for $13. The wiring karked it yesterday.

The Apple earphones must have lasted 18 months or something. They did fall out occasionally, but I'd live with that. I was thinking of getting a refurbished 1GB Ipod shuffle for $48 which includes earphones (earphones are $50 anyway).

Gotta sell these first though......

Courty
14th January 2009, 06:54 PM
You should try the Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones.

Johnny Canuck
14th January 2009, 08:54 PM
I was looking at getting the PMX 70's as I thought that they would stay in my ears a little better. Not too sure about this whole lanyard aspect of headphones. Never tried them. I get soooo frustrated with my ears getting sweaty and the phones falling out.

The best earphones I ever got was when I lived in Korea. They were called "Zeus" and the bit that went in your ear was like a mini inner tube. They cost about $10 and lasted forever! My second pair somehow disappeared on my last trip home :(.

haysey
14th January 2009, 09:13 PM
How were they size wise Andy. To big for you, or to small??

goughy
14th January 2009, 10:09 PM
You should try the Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones.

They should work well with a Shuffle! ;)

goughy
14th January 2009, 10:10 PM
Hey ap, I think I have a couple of pairs of panasonic earbuds that we got free with some product we bought. I haven't used either of them. You can have a pair for nix to try if you want!

AndyP
15th January 2009, 07:53 AM
I was looking at getting the PMX 70's as I thought that they would stay in my ears a little better. Not too sure about this whole lanyard aspect of headphones. Never tried them. I get soooo frustrated with my ears getting sweaty and the phones falling out.The lanyard reduces the cord length directly from the ears, which stops the cords swinging around everywhere while moving and yanking the earphones out.

How were they size wise Andy. To big for you, or to small??Too big.

Hey ap, I think I have a couple of pairs of panasonic earbuds that we got free with some product we bought. I haven't used either of them. You can have a pair for nix to try if you want!Sounds like to much trouble to get them off you. Especially since I'm without music on my runs now.

goughy
15th January 2009, 08:02 AM
The could end up in the mail today if you want them! SMS me your address - I'll take them to work with one of robs postpacks in case you wanna try them.

AndyP
15th January 2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks.

AndyP
15th January 2009, 10:34 AM
You should try the Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones.The problem I've had with clip earphones is that it can interfere with the cap or sunnies.

haysey
15th January 2009, 10:58 AM
Too big.

Think they'd fit a fat head?

AndyP
15th January 2009, 11:06 AM
Head size won't make a difference. It all comes down to the ears. If the person with the fat head hasn't had trouble with earphones fitting before, they are probably good.

I've always had a little trouble with keeping earphones in, even without running, so my ears mustn't suit the average earphones.

haysey
15th January 2009, 11:47 AM
Ok, I'll take em Andy.

Please PM your account details and a total and I'll fix you up.

AndyP
15th January 2009, 12:50 PM
Nice one, Haysey. Do you want me to "knock them in" with some Mariah Carey or something?

haysey
15th January 2009, 01:05 PM
Nah, I'll just borrow Courty's copy of Danni Minogue's greatest hits...

Eag's
15th January 2009, 01:28 PM

:lol: Gold!!

mikezone13
15th January 2009, 02:00 PM
:lol: Gold!!

The album wasn't that good Eags

:D

Courty
15th January 2009, 05:05 PM

If she has enough songs to make a greatest hits album, I certainly don't have it. :roll: